Notices

Old 2014-03-14, 14:49   Link #4721
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
must find this now!
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I wonder if hakka-ya will ever notice shinohayu.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 15:11   Link #4722
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
Not trying to kill the vibe by y'all did notice Yumi in the Mihoko spread as well right? Though I can see why you wouldn't notice or focus on her
When I first saw that, it gave me this third wheel impression, like the cover of a drama manga with a love triangle.

I think they were both shown in the picture because they both (Mihoko maybe more recently) are the ones that call her Hisa. Then the panels before that show the others calling her by her other names, like president, Takei-san etc. In other words how different people relate to her in a different manner She wears a lot of caps.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 16:32   Link #4723
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
When I first saw that, it gave me this third wheel impression, like the cover of a drama manga with a love triangle.

I think they were both shown in the picture because they both (Mihoko maybe more recently) are the ones that call her Hisa. Then the panels before that show the others calling her by her other names, like president, Takei-san etc. In other words how different people relate to her in a different manner She wears a lot of caps.
But Yumi has Momo Anyway, that's a good observation, Hisa certainly has quite a few roles, even for manga/anime standards, including kaichou, coach (and a really good one at that), player, daredevil, and a very "special friend" for Mihoko.
Old 2014-03-14, 18:37   Link #4724
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I wonder if hakka-ya will ever notice shinohayu.
I've been waiting for a long time for that one so I can wait longer. And Shinohayu would be brilliant with Kanna x Shino

Quote:
pretty much agree with this but Mihoko on that page was swoon worthy.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 00:45   Link #4725
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I've been waiting for a long time for that one so I can wait longer. And Shinohayu would be brilliant with Kanna x Shino
I know, right? I want Shino to start feeding Kanna some quality lunches already!

Anyway, with the anime coming to a close, guess it's time to start wondering: will they include THAT PAGE in the anime? Well, more like pages, but you know what I'm talking about. Also, who's gonna explain the deal with Kyoko in the anime thread? Because there will be a lot of confused fans, that's for sure.
Old 2014-03-16, 00:51   Link #4726
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
When you say that page do you mean "dark Saki"?

And yes - explaining why Saki is worried over Kyouko advancing to the next round may be kinda tough....
Old 2014-03-16, 00:57   Link #4727
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
When you say that page do you mean "dark Saki"?

And yes - explaining why Saki is worried over Kyouko advancing to the next round may be kinda tough....
I still barely get it myself

I think someone at 4chan actually wrote an article about it, but I don't have the link. We might actually need some resident mahjong expert to come through.

And no, I was talking about Saki's flashback. You know, that part that made the fanbase go nuts.
Old 2014-03-16, 03:19   Link #4728
teja208
Critical fanboy

@Requiem-X You weren't referring to "THE BOOBS" no?

Relax we have till next next week to prepare. I thought night_sentinel's blog sufficiently took care of that not long after the manga chapter was out.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 03:24   Link #4729
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Ah ha. Requiem-x is referring to the flashback of Saki's youth.

After reading through the chapters the famous flashback takes place at the end of ch 102. Saki has the flashback when running with Nodoka and Yuuki to the mahjong hall to meet up / watch the Achiga team (Nodoka realizes her old school pals are present) and it prevents her from going into the building where her sister is.

The taisho round end in ch 99, and on re-reading the material I can easily see ep 10 ofthe anime being taken up by Toyone and Kasumi's power manifestations and flashbacks interspersed with Kyouko's musings while facing them. Speaking of which, I wonder what kinda bgm they are gonna do for Toyone and Kasumi's offensive explosions?

Ep 11, then, would prolly be focusing on Saki and her performance in the taisho round and possibly the evaluations thereof afterward.

Ep 12 is hard to say what will happen. It could contain the autographs interaction and the going to the beach by Miyamori and Eisui. But it is possible it could include up to around ch 102 info as well.

However, this series is scheduled to have 13 eps if I remember correctly, so it is possible that if they go into "extra eps" like Achiga-hen did that they might use part or all of eps 12 and 13 to go into Kiyosumi's semifinal match and then finish it up by airing extra eps or including extra eps as bonuses in the BD volumes. For all we know that scene could be included in these "extra eps".
Old 2014-03-16, 04:07   Link #4730
teja208
Critical fanboy

Going by the 4 chapter of manga/episode format:

Ep. 10 should cover Toyone's second ability and flashback, Kasumi's ability and flashback leading up to it. Anime could extend both flashbacks to fit entire episode.

Ep. 11: Outcome of the match. This is the episode where we have to explain how Saki managed to counter both Toyone and Kasumi and the concept of two consecutive +/- zero.

Ep. 12: This is where we have to explain why Saki is afraid of Kyouko. It probably end right where Nodoka finally reunited with Shizu and co. Same as ep. 12 of Achiga.

Ep. 13: Season Finale. Mainly cover both Saki's dream and Nodoka's interview. Bits of anime original scenes here and there to fill the ep. Episode end and credit start rolling at the same point (and same scene) as the final episode of Achiga-hen OVA.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 09:56   Link #4731
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
@Requiem-X You weren't referring to "THE BOOBS" no?

Relax we have till next next week to prepare. I thought night_sentinel's blog sufficiently took care of that not long after the manga chapter was out.
As Flower said, no. I stressed it out before, but Kasumi's boobs aren't my thing.

Also, Ritz has added more previews for future color images on her site, and well... they're very Ritz-like previews
Old 2014-03-16, 10:07   Link #4732
raincrow

I just figured that Saki was afraid of her because she seemed to be the most observant/intelligent player at the table. She figured out counters, was the only one to realize the +/- thing, etc. There was also one of those side-note things in the manga that Ritz wrote about her that commented on her brains. It was like "If you stop thinking, Kyouko, then you're out!"

One thing I was also thinking of...since Kyouko and players similar to her don't have occult powers, then there's nothing specifically predictable about their gameplay to counter. You don't expect constant Rinshan Kaihou's or pursuit richii's or whatever, so there's nothing really to plan for. A really good normal player's strength might essentially be the absence of a pattern in their play (but obviously if they don't have the skill and brains to back it up, then it's worthless).

Also, I don't know if you guys have talked about this before, but Kyouko sort of has that pointy-hair thingie like Saki and Teru do. It might not be significant at all, but I don't think I've seen any players outside of those 3 have it?
Old 2014-03-16, 10:43   Link #4733
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
One thing I was also thinking of...since Kyouko and players similar to her don't have occult powers, then there's nothing specifically predictable about their gameplay to counter. You don't expect constant Rinshan Kaihou's or pursuit richii's or whatever, so there's nothing really to plan for. A really good normal player's strength might essentially be the absence of a pattern in their play (but obviously if they don't have the skill and brains to back it up, then it's worthless).
I had actually thought of something similar, but in a different direction, and it connects to something Hiroe said in the anime (not sure if she said it in the manga): Kyoko always considers all posibilities from the get go, so if you tell her what to look out for (what I suspect Ikuno will be doing), she could be able to counter Saki's moves since, and correct me if I'm wrong, they require setting up. Of course, Hisa should be very aware of this, so it will be very interesting to see if she comes up with a way to help our resident mahjong demon lord.
Old 2014-03-18, 01:13   Link #4734
King-Slayer

Anyone see the BD specials? Most are LEWD beyond the max.

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2014-03-18 at 13:09. Reason: nobody is seeing the pictures
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 03:35   Link #4735
Marina2

Quote:
Anyone see the BD specials? Most are LEWD beyond the max.
Spoiler for pic:

Spoiler for bath pic NSFW:

Spoiler for Hajime NSFW:

Spoiler for Momo bath. Very Very NSFW:

Spoiler for Ako Butt. NSFW:
Don't hotlink. I don't see any picture.
Old 2014-03-18, 08:55   Link #4736
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Checked the pics in a different site. Good lord, Momo You make Yumi look flat, and being so forward as always, it's just impossible not to love you, and when it comes to Yumi, you make sure of it

Hajime is still Hajime, so of course its ultra lewd. I was actually more impressed by how adult Touka looks in the image. Also, it kinda feels like she's and elegantly quietly checking out Hajime, and who could blame her?

Ako now reminds me how lewd it was for her to wear Shizu's jacket. And yeah, nice cheeks.

On other manga related news, the love for the Atagos keeps showing in biyori.

Also, RITZ IS A SADIST! Seriously, why give so much love to Miyamori in the anime when we know what's gonna happen!? And while on the subject, where's that development for Himematsu in the semis?

God, the anime crew is in for a massive troll.
Old 2014-03-18, 11:02   Link #4737
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x
Also, RITZ IS A SADIST! Seriously, why give so much love to Miyamori in the anime when we know what's gonna happen!? And while on the subject, where's that development for Himematsu in the semis?

God, the anime crew is in for a massive troll.
I know, right? But in Achiga Hen there was a similar pattern. The team that had the tactician was also the team that made it through with Achiga to the semi-finals and then was eliminated. In Achiga Hen it was FunaQ who was providing the analysis, and in this side of the brackets it looks like it is Kyouko who is doing so.

Similarly, in the Achiga-Hen bracket, though, it was Senriyama who who was the team who provided both the analyst and the "dangerous moe chara", whereas in this bracket Toyone is the "dangerous moe chara" while Kyouko is the analyst (i.e. diff teams).

Also, whereas in Side A bracket the "monster opponent" is pretty much Shiritodai from the get go, in the Side B bracket it is ... well ... to be frank Kiyosumi (because of Saki) but in terms of opposing teams it will be Rinkan, I think - Meghan and Nelly are both going to be big problems, I think. Especially the latter.

I think in the round before the semifinals on Side B Eisui was supposed to be the monster team? At the least they are the seeded team - but with Jindai, Hatsumi and Komaki they certainly are a collection of fearsome opponents.

Also, one last musing about Saki's mentioning that Kyouko was going to be a problem. In season 1 against Koromo in the final match she essentially manipulated the tiles in such a way to play Kana off against Koromo to distract the latter so she (Saki) could not be focused on a lot. But there was an analyst in that match as well - Yumi. It was Yumi who foiled her rinshan kaiho technique early on with the shan-kan she pulled, remember? Also - Saki did not "use" Yumi against Koromo at all that I recall. Though Yumi did deliberately play into Saki's hand at one point to foil Koromo pulling another Haitei if you all remember? So there is a precedent of Saki having difficulty playing against tactician sorts....
Old 2014-03-18, 11:22   Link #4738
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Eisui was definetly the monster team, summoning and all that, but with Rinkai, ALL of their players have something to them, giving the team much more of a presence. Not so sure about Megan, but Nelly will definetly be a beast.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all the development for himematsu is just flashbacks for Kyoko and the blossoming of her coach crush. What better power up than pure yuri love?

Back to Eisui, one of the specials that came out is about them, helping further in giving the personality, but the most shocking thing is...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-18, 12:01   Link #4739
thenightsshadow

Where are you finding the pictures of the BD Specials?
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 12:33   Link #4740
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Also, whereas in Side A bracket the "monster opponent" is pretty much Shiritodai from the get go, in the Side B bracket it is ... well ... to be frank Kiyosumi (because of Saki) but in terms of opposing teams it will be Rinkan, I think - Meghan and Nelly are both going to be big problems, I think. Especially the latter.
That's definitely the kicker. Kiyosumi really isn't an underdog that's scraping by. They've been getting #1 in their rounds or just flat out zeroing out teams like Hisa did. On the flip side, the other "boss" team, Shirotodai, are the ones wanting revenge now with something to prove.

Yeah, I agree. It's going to be about Nelly. If she (and maybe Megan) floor Nodoka and Saki, then Kiyosumi is no longer the team to beat. If Kiyosumi wins the semis #1 again, and then the finals...it's really the story of a dream team just destroying everyone

I mean, yeah, that could be a possibility. But it just seems like too much of a straight shot to the end of the story without any serious conflicts or setbacks (at least as far as the tournament is concerned, as there's definitely outside drama with Saki/Teru, and all that.)

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri