AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-03, 09:39   Link #81
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
aside from her big chest what else is there?, sena has nothing on the others in the feminine charm category.

yukimaru, stella, yozora and rika have a more feminine charm to them than she does.
I normally don't like kyonyuu girls, but she's earnest; that's a character trait, not physical trait.
Old 2011-12-03, 09:49   Link #82
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
aside from her big chest what else is there?, sena has nothing on the others in the feminine charm category.

yukimaru, stella, yozora and rika have a more feminine charm to them than she does.
Yozora has....feminine.....CHARM!?
Old 2011-12-03, 10:00   Link #83
potchip

Earnestness is a positive trait by itself however combined with a total lack of empathy, it is also Sena's flaw. Earnestness is also not...very feminine imho.

Yozora of course is the opposite, frustratingly aloof and indirect but as a result more of a tease (though often unintended)

Respective to their personalities reflecting on romantic feelings, Sena probably doesn't yet grasp she that likes Kodaka, a part is her denial that she'd be enthralled by someone else, even worse, a man. Yozora has this obsession with idealistic love and innocence, a textbook approach which is also impeding her progress.

So in summary, Sena is cute, in a fluffy-puppy-struggling-to-make-its-way kind of way, Yozora is a bit awkward/sexy/feisty. Really just depends on one's preference. Like I've stated before, and just drawing on own experiences, Yozora's personality is a contradicting mess which to me is quite feminine. Yes, I view women as vessels waging a constant struggle against hormones, long given up hope of understanding and just accepting the differences. On the other hand, any girls with too many bro-attributes are instant-friend-zoned (and there ain't that many of those to begin with!)

Last edited by potchip; 2011-12-03 at 10:18.
Old 2011-12-03, 10:29   Link #84
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yozora has....feminine.....CHARM!?
Hard to believe, right?

Stella was pretty funny. And the Sena/Kobato interaction is always adorable to see. :3
Old 2011-12-03, 11:00   Link #85
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Cuteness overload.....

(Rams insulin into vein before dying of diabetes)

Too cute.... One can't be without the other.... must take BOTH home with me.
Old 2011-12-03, 12:18   Link #86
Key Board
Carbon

Yozora is the Shiraume Ume of haganai

at first I was irked at how aggressive she was

but now I just want to see how she will top the last week
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-03, 16:55   Link #87
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Unlike Shiraume, Yozora gets her shennanigans backfiring on her. Which is why she is way less infuriating than Shiraume. While I cringe over Shiraume's antics, knowing she will NEVER get her humble pie, I can laugh at Yozora's, knowing that karma will hit her back.
Old 2011-12-03, 17:30   Link #88
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Does everyone remember episode 0 of this series?

I decided to go back to it after watching 9 episodes...and wow, what a difference I didn't think it was that bad until now.

Seeing Maria and Kobato get along and Sena and Yozora get along was very creepy after all I've seen so far But what I did notice that in Kodaka's dream, he was remembering events that they had done before in the past (Such as the karaoke which we have already seen) but with a slight difference, everyone was there and friendly to each other. Then when he wakes up, they're all having a spicy food battle (Which was a rather disturbing scene to watch in my opinion ) Which makes me wonder if maybe thats a scene we're going to see in a future episode.
Old 2011-12-03, 18:27   Link #89
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Does everyone remember episode 0 of this series?

I decided to go back to it after watching 9 episodes...and wow, what a difference I didn't think it was that bad until now.

Seeing Maria and Kobato get along and Sena and Yozora get along was very creepy after all I've seen so far But what I did notice that in Kodaka's dream, he was remembering events that they had done before in the past (Such as the karaoke which we have already seen) but with a slight difference, everyone was there and friendly to each other. Then when he wakes up, they're all having a spicy food battle (Which was a rather disturbing scene to watch in my opinion ) Which makes me wonder if maybe thats a scene we're going to see in a future episode.
I doubt the spicy food scene, but the beach is happening next episode, the resort will probably happen in the same episode, and the festival will probably be either the second-to-last or last episode.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-03, 20:41   Link #90
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Is this implying that those scenes were foreboding what activities the club will do?

Cos last time I remembered, they were all a part of Kodaka's dream lol.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:25   Link #91
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Is this implying that those scenes were foreboding what activities the club will do?

Cos last time I remembered, they were all a part of Kodaka's dream lol.
So far we have had Karaoke, Monster Hunter, and... Someone please remind me what else was covered by both the dream and the series.
So it might be not a big stretch to expect the festival and the hot pot, as the possible climax, episodes.
Old 2011-12-04, 02:51   Link #92
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Like I've stated before, and just drawing on own experiences, Yozora's personality is a contradicting mess which to me is quite feminine. Yes, I view women as vessels waging a constant struggle against hormones, long given up hope of understanding and just accepting the differences. On the other hand, any girls with too many bro-attributes are instant-friend-zoned (and there ain't that many of those to begin with!)
I live with someone like that.....and it's a tedious slog I tell you....

Yozora IRL I think would drive 95% of the people here to fits of rage within a few days...
Old 2011-12-04, 08:36   Link #93
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Yozora, if you dont act up hurry, Sena is going to steal your beloved Taka from your side...

Had a good laugh episode this episode...
Especially the horse-swimsuit act...

won't happen....
because Kobato approves Yozora but rejects Sena.... lol
Old 2011-12-04, 08:38   Link #94
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

won't happen....
because Kobato approves Yozora but rejects Sena.... lol
Poor girl would be mentally scarred for life if she have Sena as sister-in-law.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:55   Link #95
mironicus

He will get both of course. Sena has some advantages because she is already depending on him and she trusts him. Yozora has a more closed personality. A trusting and dependable person is just what she wants.

Now to something diffent: Who gets pregnant first?
Old 2011-12-04, 11:53   Link #96
User68604
Disabled By Request

creepy naked sena chasing naked 'tsundere' kobato out of the bath

i can die now a happy man
Old 2011-12-04, 14:36   Link #97
VVolf
夜空派

Forgot to rate this episode.

Definitely better than the last one, 8 out of 10, if only because they had a main theme for it (ex. the first - Introduction, the sixth - Karaoke and the seventh - Cell phone, and they were easily the best episodes).

Anyway, 8/10.

1 point gets taken out just because the first half could be taken out entirely with no effect on the second half. The only thing it did was foreshadow the next episode (which could've been done in the actual episode where the camping trip takes place, without feeling out of place).

That explains why almost 70% of the fanservice was placed at this part. Nothing else really happened and was almost a repeat of the last episode where they simply crammed everything in.

Now the second part was where this episode really shone. It's not because it had a fresher theme than the club room or video games or swimming pool. It's not because of the fanservice or the lack of Yozora (sigh). It's not because Pegasus's tsundere side or how Stella is the next best thing since HD.

No no no, it's using the friendship between Hayato And Pegasus to remind us what the series was all about - making friends.

This weird but deep kind of friendship, where one would willingly extend this unconditional loyalty to the other's family (Pegasus was why Hayato left his children in Japan), is exactly what Kodaka yearns for. Even though Pegasus would berate Hayato and claim how troublesome he was, Kodaka could still clearly see that their friendship runs pretty deep. And this is something worth noting as we come closer to the end of this season, and how it should end.

It's obvious things are wrapping up now. This episode shows this by bringing back the main theme, as well as foreshadowing the conclusion of the main plot. And judging from Yozora's appearance (or rather, how she was portrayed) in the second half of this episode, the main plot in the coming episodes will probably revolve around the relationship between Kodaka and Yozora.

I give this an 8. Would've been a 9 if the animation quality was constant...especially when it comes to the face. Just look at Pegasus's constantly deformed features.

Still, definitely one of the better episodes.

From the looks of it, this season will end with volume 3. And that's a good move. It'll make a lasting impression, serves as an excellent transition into the next installment, and the inevitable fan reaction and hype would be a good chance to start advertising for the 2nd season as well. Well...if they make one that is...

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2011-12-04, 16:30   Link #98
mironicus

Quote:
No no no, it's using the friendship between Hayato And Pegasus to remind us what the series was all about - making friends.
Well... isn't the whole friendship club just a facade? I really think that Yozora just founded the club and forced Kodaka into it because of very selfish reasons. She acknowledged him from the beginning but don't reveal herself to him (and to anyone else), so she remains a mystery in her behaviour.

Sena was the only one who joined the club because she really wants friends. All the others joined because of Kodaka.
Old 2011-12-04, 17:13   Link #99
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post

Sena was the only one who joined the club because she really wants friends. All the others joined because of Kodaka.
But they do all have one thing in common. Neither of them had any friends.

Obviously, Yozora was seen talking to her imaginary friend and was the one who founded the club, so she wanted to make friends.

Kodaka didn't have any friends because people saw him as a menace and a bully simply because he had blonde hair. He did want to make friends though, as he discussed with Yozaro in the first episode.

As you said, Sena was the only one who joined because she really did want to make friends. As she said, the boys that follow and admire her don't count.

For Maria, as Yozora said, Maria was like her and didn't have any friends but she tricked her into using the room she took naps in and allowed her to be the club advisor.

Rika was a first year that never went to class, so it's no surprise she hadn't made any friends.

Yukimura see's herself as not having any friends. Honestly, she could most likely make friends with ease...but the fact that she believes she is a boy makes her think that the other boys see her differently and look down on her, so she hoped that Kodaka would help her become more of a 'man'.

Lastly...Kobato. Kobato is the only one that has me stumped to whether she has friends. However, she is a young girl that usually dresses in goth-like clothing and mimmicks an anime character...and whenever we see her, she is always at home instead of being out with friends, so I can only guess she doesn't have any friends. Only reason she joined the club was to be with her brother after feeling threatened once seeing that Maria could replace her as a younger sister.

So, although Sena was the only one who joined for the reason of wanting friends, they all have the capabilities of joining the club in the first place, for not having any friends.
Old 2011-12-04, 17:44   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Funny episode. I expected the Sena bath time service to be a little better though. Better how? I'm not quite sure. I think he running out the front door so foolishly ruined it a little...

Anyway, I love how despite the random hijinks and the various forms of fan service, we STILL have a plot going. Good stuff here, good stuff.