AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 21:09   Link #401
dragon1412

Suleiman and solomon both exist but the novel mention number 72 so i think solomon is a more correct name.

@darthfanta :
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The past Est was a kuudere, she doesn't even like to eat human food.
Spoiler:
really!? seem like i have to re-read it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:12   Link #402
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
how does est feel about this curse?

assuming that it still is active.. could it not end up killing kamito?
It will kill him eventually. Volume Five was about Est trying to break her contract with Kamito in order to save him--after recovering her memory. The volume ends with Kamito
Spoiler:

Now that I think about it, in the end, would all five people get their wish granted, or is it just one? I get the feeling that at the very end, once all the other teams are defeated, the five would be ordered to fight each other out, and the winner gets their wish granted--just like Sekirei.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:26   Link #403
jaisy26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Suraiman...

...Slayman?
Sulaiman is arab spell
from wikipedia:
Quote:
Solomon (Hebrew: שְׁלֹמֹה, Modern Shlomo Tiberian Šəlōmō ISO 259-3 Šlomo; Arabic: سليمان‎ Sulaymān; Greek: Σολομών Solomōn)
Sulaiman = solomon
jaisy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:43   Link #404
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
It will kill him eventually. Volume Five was about Est trying to break her contract with Kamito in order to save him--after recovering her memory. The volume ends with Kamito
Spoiler:

Now that I think about it, in the end, would all five people get their wish granted, or is it just one? I get the feeling that at the very end, once all the other teams are defeated, the five would be ordered to fight each other out, and the winner gets their wish granted--just like Sekirei.
prob 1.. suppose u could have a grand royal between the 5 members of the team

that or the strongest member of the team would get the right..

although..

im prob wrong, since claire has her own reasons for wanting 2 win the blade dance and i doubt the author is going 2 make kamito pick between a promise 2 Est and helping claire

(though if it came down 2 it... if he chooses claire.. im going 2 go on a hunting trip..)
Old 2012-04-12, 22:14   Link #405
Valky
Radioactive

I still think Restia is the cutest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta
How many Spirit Kings granting the wish btw? If there are 5 there is a possibility one SK for each wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Don't say that with your poke face on.
I was born with this face.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:15   Link #406
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
prob 1.. suppose u could have a grand royal between the 5 members of the team

that or the strongest member of the team would get the right..

although..

im prob wrong, since claire has her own reasons for wanting 2 win the blade dance and i doubt the author is going 2 make kamito pick between a promise 2 Est and helping claire

(though if it came down 2 it... if he chooses claire.. im going 2 go on a hunting trip..)
I get the feeling that if the fake Ren is who we think she is, then Claire's problems would end before the end of the tournament--except getting her parents released. As for the others, I don't think they had much things to request for. They seem to have joined in just to become famous or to prove their worth.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:15   Link #407
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Hmm I thought since there were five spirit kings and 5 people then each gets a wish...
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:19   Link #408
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Hmm I thought since there were five spirit kings and 5 people then each gets a wish...
There are five, but in the past tournament, only one person gets the wish. The number of wishes granted wasn't due to the number of spirit kings. It may sound stingy, but I get the impression that five people getting their wish granted is a bit generous compared to how the previous tournaments roll.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:23   Link #409
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
There are five, but in the past tournament, only one person gets the wish. The number of wishes granted wasn't due to the number of spirit kings. It may sound stingy, but I get the impression that five people getting their wish granted is a bit generous compared to how the previous tournaments roll.
Oh well that sucks,...cuz even before he was participating with other ppl as well right
Old 2012-04-12, 22:25   Link #410
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Oh well that sucks,...cuz even before he was participating with other ppl as well right
No, the past tournament was a one on one--like a fencing match in the Olympics. The rules of the tournament changes every time.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:26   Link #411
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
No, the past tournament was a one on one--like a fencing match in the Olympics. The rules of the tournament changes every time.
Oh yeah I forgot about that...well guess that's another mystery in here as well then
Old 2012-04-12, 22:33   Link #412
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The reason why I believe the Spirit Kings are stingy is due to the fact that when Claire's sister stole an important fire spirit, the fire spirit king enguled the ENTIRE Ordlesian Empire into flames. They don't sound like benevolent, generous or kind at all. The fact that they had to be appeased every now and often just doesn't make them sound better at all.They are deities closer to Greek gods.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:36   Link #413
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Prabably the reason why she wanted them dead
Old 2012-04-12, 23:36   Link #414
@GEMC

Is restia the only one who know what kamito going to wish to the spirit king?
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 23:45   Link #415
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
Is restia the only one who know what kamito going to wish to the spirit king?
Of course. If Principal knows, I bet she would have stopped him. It was pure stupidity.The imposter might know though.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:50   Link #416
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
The reason why I believe the Spirit Kings are stingy is due to the fact that when Claire's sister stole an important fire spirit, the fire spirit king enguled the ENTIRE Ordlesian Empire into flames. They don't sound like benevolent, generous or kind at all. The fact that they had to be appeased every now and often just doesn't make them sound better at all.They are deities closer to Greek gods.
Wait! If the entire kingdom was engulfed in flame then it would have been utterly annihilated! I thought it was just a few random places, while the whole country couldn't use fire for ages until Ren Ashbell appeased him.

I believe Greek god would easily find the sister and finished her off whenever he wanted to, in the most horrible way. Greek gods are the worse bunch of gods that only lost to ancient American gods.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:13   Link #417
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Wait! If the entire kingdom was engulfed in flame then it would have been utterly annihilated! I thought it was just a few random places, while the whole country couldn't use fire for ages until Ren Ashbell appeased him.

I believe Greek god would easily find the sister and finished her off whenever he wanted to, in the most horrible way. Greek gods are the worse bunch of gods that only lost to ancient American gods.
It wasn't just quite a number of random places. Much of the country was in flames. Widespread destruction occurred, which was why Claire's sister was titled the Calamity Queen . According to Kamito, "the fire started in the fiefdom ruled by Claire's family, engulfing the empire. Central areas of the empire were largely devestated, the empire couldn't use fire for an entire year. The victims of this fire dubbed Claire's sister as the Calamity Queen." I am comparing the Spirit Kings to the Greek gods because they are just as cruel. It was indiscriminate, collective punishment--all for the sake of the crime of one person. The fact that they didn't stop their carnage until someone 'appeased' them just proved how petty they are--at least the Fire Spirit King.It's like how they punished Prometheus for giving fire to men by sending them Pandora to unleash plague, diseases and other evil upon men. In turn, I think the story of the Calamity Queen was modeled upon Zeus' punishment of Prometheus.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-13 at 00:49.
Old 2012-04-13, 01:00   Link #418
dragon1412

while you compare the spirit king with Greek gods, you actually made greek gods look acceptable. While they are just as cruel, the Greeks gods mostly punish only the person or the family of the person who defies them and they are at least sometimes help create some heroes, in STnBD, the seirei king can be consider all absolute being with power over the nature itself is much more cruel , as you said, the fire king burn entire kingdom because of 1 person and more importanly - the people cant use fire which make their survival is a miracle in itself show that they are a bunch of superiority complex spirit.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:08   Link #419
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
while you compare the spirit king with Greek gods, you actually made greek gods look acceptable. While they are just as cruel, the Greeks gods mostly punish only the person or the family of the person who defies them and they are at least sometimes help create some heroes, in STnBD, the seirei king can be consider all absolute being with power over the nature itself is much more cruel , as you said, the fire king burn entire kingdom because of 1 person and more importanly - the people cant use fire which make their survival is a miracle in itself show that they are a bunch of superiority complex spirit.
Well, it seems I have more than proved my point that the Spirit Kings are @rseholes. It just shows that it shouldn't be surprising if the winning team's members are ordered to fight one another--with only the victor in the surviving team granted a single wish.

By the way, is Ordlesia an empire or a kingdom? In Chinese, it said Ordlesian Empire.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-13 at 02:40.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:57   Link #420
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Crap! i just reread it and discovered that the fire spirit king is an asshole just as you said. I bet the other four must be the same hence why Restia wants to kill them. I believe it's for the best.

And yeah, Greek gods look nicer compared to them.

But Aztec gods are different though, thanks to Spain wh destroyed Aztec and put an end to human sacrifice to prevent the end of the world from their Sun God, our world might come to an end if the myth were true.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap