AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-17, 23:02   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Open-group fan creations: moe-sify US 50 states

Were bumping into this in "A laugh a day" thread. And thought it might be an interesting idea to turn the 50 states into America into anime~ish female characters, and the long established stereotypes/history/traditional of each states into moe points or outlook. Probably not skill enough at writing or drawing to produce any fan arts/fictions soon, but it will be a good idea, and educated, to get to know more about each states in America.

In fact i think Japan artists would has done that since long, if only they have more knowledge on US.

So yeah, ideas everyone.... What stereotypes, traditions or historical events of each states (especially the one you lives in if you are in the US) that could be inverted into moe characteristics (come on, you all can define moe by now). All for fun only please, don't make it too offensive or controversial

Summary:
Alabama
Alaska
Spoiler for Alaska:

Arizona
Arkansas
California
Spoiler for California:

Colorado
Connecticut
Spoiler for Connecticut:

Delaware
Spoiler for Delaware:

Florida
Spoiler for Florida:

Georgia
Hawaii
Spoiler for Hawaii:

Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Spoiler for Iowa:

Kansas
Spoiler for Kansas:

Kentucky
Spoiler for Kentucky:

Louisiana
Spoiler for Louisiana:

Maine
Spoiler for Maine:

Maryland
Spoiler for Maryland:

Massachusetts
Spoiler for Massachusetts:

Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
Spoiler for Nevada:
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Spoiler for New Jersey:

New Mexico
New York
Spoiler for Ringo-san:

North Carolina
Spoiler for North Carolina:

North Dakota
Spoiler for North Dakota:

Ohio
Spoiler for Ohio:

Oklahoma
Oregon
Spoiler for Oregon:

Pennsylvania
Spoiler for Pennsylvania:

Rhode Island
South Carolina
Spoiler for South Carolina:

South Dakota
Spoiler for South Dakota:

Tennessee
Spoiler for Tennessee:

Texas
Spoiler for Texas:

Utah
Vermont
Spoiler for Vermont:

Virginia
Spoiler for Virginia:

Washington
Spoiler for Washington:

West Virginia
Spoiler for West Virginia:

Wisconsin
Wyoming

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-01-21 at 07:25.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:42   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think a good way to go about it might be to focus on famous fictional characters (particularly female ones, of course) that are associated with certain states. That, and popular people from history and/or pop culture that are associated with the state.

For example, Kansas is associated with Dorothy ("Toto, I have a feeling that we're not in Kansas any more.") and Superman (grew up in Smallville, Kansas). Maybe the "anime" version of Kansas should be Dorothy with a Superman-based color redesign and a red cape. Her dog Toto could easily be made into a cute anime-esque critter, too.

Also, the girl who represents Kentucky should probably borrow a bit from Col. Sanders of KFC fame (especially since the Col. has made some appearances in actual anime shows ).
Old 2013-01-18, 00:08   Link #3
judasmartel
*Author

Erm, do all of these moe-fied 50 states have to be blonde?
Old 2013-01-18, 05:30   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I certainly hope the hell not ( but I'm guessing you're looking at the japanese tendency to 'blondify' all americans ).
Old 2013-01-18, 06:44   Link #5
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Erm, do all of these moe-fied 50 states have to be blonde?
No... just California.
Old 2013-01-18, 07:36   Link #6
judasmartel
*Author

But why California?
Old 2013-01-18, 11:02   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Sorry guys, just realised after making this, that i know so little about American when it comes to state. Most of the time the stereotypes were played for jokes, so don't know how US citizens will take it. Also i expected most of non-US netizens won't know much about US states also, so the references may fly over their heads (btw way i will add -san in if i means the character, rather than the States). Should get them alternatives names as well, any ideas?

For example, if i have to choose i will call Hawaii-santo be a tan class president. The president part is obvious, and tan could comes from both the beach and the fact that Obama is black. Ahola shirt or those coconut bras probably may too ordinary so need modify or some sorts. Ohio-san definitely will be the super hyper genki girls simply because of her greetings (~Ohiyooooo!!! ). Rival twins from Carolina and Dakota families? And New Hampshire-san, New York-san will have British cousins/older sister (York and Hampshire-oneechan)

Oh, and 9 out of 50 girls will into yuri: Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, and Mrs.Washington xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think a good way to go about it might be to focus on famous fictional characters (particularly female ones, of course) that are associated with certain states. That, and popular people from history and/or pop culture that are associated with the state.

For example, Kansas is associated with Dorothy ("Toto, I have a feeling that we're not in Kansas any more.") and Superman (grew up in Smallville, Kansas). Maybe the "anime" version of Kansas should be Dorothy with a Superman-based color redesign and a red cape. Her dog Toto could easily be made into a cute anime-esque critter, too.

Also, the girl who represents Kentucky should probably borrow a bit from Col. Sanders of KFC fame (especially since the Col. has made some appearances in actual anime shows ).
Kansas-san with super strength probably can represent that (Dorothy who is it 0_0? ). Kentucky-san? White hair, white vests with chicken feathers? xD

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-01-18 at 11:25.
Old 2013-01-18, 15:38   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oregon.

Back in the 20th century I'd have said "overalls, long wavy hair the color of wheat, and a bag of weed"

However, the modern Oregon moe-ification .... "asymmetric random cut long hair black with color highlights, shorts with stockings, a rainbow of clothing colors, suspenders, half-white half-asian, ear buds, and holding a sign touting the progressive support of moe"

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-01-18 at 16:01.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:48   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oregon.

Back in the 20th century I'd have said "overalls, long wavy hair the color of wheat, and a bag of weed"

However, the modern Oregon moe-ification .... "asymmetric random cut long hair black with color highlights, shorts with stockings, a rainbow of clothing colors, suspenders, half-white half-asian, ear buds, and holding a sign touting the progressive support of moe"
Isn't the modern version too ordinarily realistics of modern teens? xD

I like the 20th century version through, maybe it will be how she looks back in primary/ junior high school. If put in an anime/manga, we will have the other characters visit her house one day, and surprised at how refined she looked back in early day (long wavy hair the color of wheat, but i will probably replace that bag of weeds to actual weed-grass just to be drug-free)
Old 2013-01-19, 01:51   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Isn't the modern version too ordinarily realistics of modern teens? xD
Personally, I think the modern version I have in mind is cuter and more moe-rific (some really cute examples may be required). The earlier version is 'hippy house on the prairie' cute but obsolete.
Old 2013-01-19, 09:14   Link #11
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Personally, I think the modern version I have in mind is cuter and more moe-rific (some really cute examples may be required). The earlier version is 'hippy house on the prairie' cute but obsolete.
How about braid for the Oregon-san's younger image. Glasses also. Probably can head a bit toward mori-girl fashions
Old 2013-01-19, 11:56   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

For Hawaii

Old 2013-01-19, 13:25   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
How about braid for the Oregon-san's younger image. Glasses also. Probably can head a bit toward mori-girl fashions
Um ... you do what you want to do but if you want something that represents Oregon - mori-girl is definitely not it. Think bright rainbow colors, almost punkish, almost Tank Girl in the summer.

Glasses aren't unknown - the coffee shop hipsters trend to those. Braids are almost never seen except on a religious fringe sect. Hair will either be long and unkempt or variations on shorter bobs. Uneven bobs are popular at the moment. Oh, and perky goth is a long popular urban style given the gloom of our weather.

If you're intent on bland - Oregon girls dress down often. Jeans, sweatshirt, jacket. The jacket may be a trenchcoat or a sportswear with a hoodie.
Old 2013-01-19, 15:10   Link #14
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But why California?
Because every Californian is a blonde surfer, of course.
Old 2013-01-19, 20:20   Link #15
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-20, 02:33   Link #16
Kudryavka

Why are so many of them into sex?
Old 2013-01-20, 03:19   Link #17
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Alaska should be a kuudere.
Old 2013-01-21, 06:27   Link #18
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
How can we describe Hawaii~san in this case then? Childish?
Quote:
Um ... you do what you want to do but if you want something that represents Oregon - mori-girl is definitely not it. Think bright rainbow colors, almost punkish, almost Tank Girl in the summer.

Glasses aren't unknown - the coffee shop hipsters trend to those. Braids are almost never seen except on a religious fringe sect. Hair will either be long and unkempt or variations on shorter bobs. Uneven bobs are popular at the moment. Oh, and perky goth is a long popular urban style given the gloom of our weather.

If you're intent on bland - Oregon girls dress down often. Jeans, sweatshirt, jacket. The jacket may be a trenchcoat or a sportswear with a hoodie.
No i means her younger version. The wavy hair, hippy~ish one. Then a contrast to goth modern adult version. Even ticked the 'gap moe"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Alaska should be a kuudere.
  • K, so Alaska-san gonna be a kuudere girl with lost of mystery history. I will add in ex-Spetsnaz just for the history related to Russia. Favourite food is ice-cream.
  • Florida-san: another tan girl, bright in personality and intelligent. Need more specific trait or she gonna be too general....
  • Louisiana-san: love party, a 'hammer' (can't swim)
  • New York-san: have heavy insomnia due to her job as (net?) idol late into the night. Rather than like apple. I think it's better if her name is Ringo-san (means apple in Japanese to those who don't know)
  • Nevada-san: yakuza family + dice throwing dealer~ish? Mion fron Higurashi comes to mind
  • Pennsylvania: fujoshi!!
  • Tennessee: country singer. mori-girl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Why are so many of them into sex?
Cause we are as ignorant as the US. Unless it's a shameless topic of interest

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-01-21 at 06:50.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:21   Link #19
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I also has added the character images of some girl states (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas) based on everyone description. Just so we has an idea what each girl may look like

Tell me if you think another picture, or another character may better fit the descriptions
Old 2013-01-21, 16:54   Link #20
Kudryavka

Quote:
How can we describe Hawaii~san in this case then? Childish?

No i means her younger version. The wavy hair, hippy~ish one. Then a contrast to goth modern adult version. Even ticked the 'gap moe"?

• K, so Alaska-san gonna be a kuudere girl with lost of mystery history. I will add in ex-Spetsnaz just for the history related to Russia. Favourite food is ice-cream.
  • Florida-san: another tan girl, bright in personality and intelligent. Need more specific trait or she gonna be too general....
  • Louisiana-san: love party, a 'hammer' (can't swim)
  • New York-san: have heavy insomnia due to her job as (net?) idol late into the night. Rather than like apple. I think it's better if her name is Ringo-san (means apple in Japanese to those who don't know)
  • Nevada-san: yakuza family + dice throwing dealer~ish? Mion fron Higurashi comes to mind
  • Pennsylvania: fujoshi!!
  • Tennessee: country singer. mori-girl?

Cause we are as ignorant as the US. Unless it's a shameless topic of interest
Murricans dont love sex that muchh...

Whole world loves sex all day every day!
Closed Thread