AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 16 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 11.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 38.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-05, 11:13   Link #41
ookamigirl

The inn is closing? Everyone is feeling down..
Traveling to the city with Takako sure wasn't very pleasant.
Ohana back in Tokyo.
Wow, that Takako sure knows how to kick ass! ^^
Ohana's mom & Ko watching that video sure made an impact on him.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-09-05, 12:44   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Kou doesn't like bland coffee? Guy should just cut off his family jewels. Worthless scum bag.
What? Not liking weak dishwater coffee is one of the few pluses about the guy. Strong coffee is the only real coffee.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:26   Link #43
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Not that I had "Stacy's Mom" going on in my head during that thing between Ko and Satsuki. Then again the thought of wanting to be with Ohana's mom would probably confuse his own feelings with Ohana as well.

Good episode though, paralleling the two situations going on.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:05   Link #44
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That Tomoe bit was just freaking hilarious.

And it's good to finally see a male character that isn't such a tool.
I would rather see a tool than the blandness that is Ko, the worst type of character to happen to anime in 2000 years. Seeing him at the end of the episode when the lights came on, his giant fucking eyes glowing, a literally wretched. Guys should not have eyes like that.

His interaction with Ohana's mom was decent though, still hate the guy.
Old 2011-09-06, 00:09   Link #45
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Kou doesn't like bland coffee? Guy should just cut off his family jewels. Worthless scum bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If he doesn't like that he probably never had them to begin with

(and I don't even drink coffee )
Pretty sure none of the male characters in HSI started off with any, and if they did... Grandma probably bitch slapped them off.
Old 2011-09-06, 00:41   Link #46
calorie

I was hoping to see the resolution of Minchi and Tohru-san situation but we got none of that in this episode. That whole Ohana's crush on Ko never interested me much, probably because I don't see one reason why she should like the guy at all.
Old 2011-09-06, 03:38   Link #47
deadite

Blatant Ko bashing again. My.. my..
Old 2011-09-06, 06:37   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Conviction

Takako says flat out that Ohana doesn’t have as many problems as she thinks she has, and Ohana does realize that this is indeed true; she may as well be making mountains out of molehills. Kissuiso’s possible closure none withstanding, one of the things we have seen Ohana do a lot of the time in the series lies in two very polar opposites: her tendency to be spontaneous and gung-ho when faced with problems, and her tendency to think and ruminate excessively on many issues. Most people have a single mindset, yet she is very capable of ending up in either extreme. When you think about it, it was her spontaneity in the beginning that left Ko hanging without an answer, and her indecisive rumination again keeps their relationship on an indefinite hold. Perhaps to say that when she should be quick, she is slow, and when she should slow down, she takes things a tad bit too fast. Ohana, like that mix of her childishness and maturity, is again a melding of extremes.

On that train and in Tokyo tower she is given a lot of time to think about her actions, and what she thinks she must do. It’s a bit difficult at this point to understand what she will do, but it’s clear that she possesses enough resolve to finally settle the issue with a decision. She claims to have a one sided crush on Ko, probably stemming from the belief that Ko has finally moved on, but it would seem that her ideas are different from reality. It isn’t one sided.

Maybe Satsuki really hasn’t seen the video of the inn and it’s staff before, but I think she was doing all of that with purpose in mind for Ko. Down in the dumps despite his attempts to get out of it, the poor boy simply was still in limbo whether he still felt the same way for Ohana despite being left hanging all this time. It’s only natural for him to be confused after months of being left in the cold and waiting for a bone, any bone for that matter. He asks Satsuki for things he thinks he needs to learn about his best friend turned potential girlfriend, to which she declines to respond but opts to just show him the Kissuiso video, which I do think she hasn’t seen, but most likely believes has something for him to see: her lfie in Kissuiso he hasn’t been a part of. The video will, at least, show him something he could be there for. With it, seeing Ohana hard at work and having one hell of a Freudian slip on record, gives him some more extra strength to continue a quest he finds to be useless. Nothing could be farther from the truth it seems.

As for the bland coffee bit… bear in mind his comment that Ohana isn’t anything like plain coffee, and Ohana’s penchant for mixing cola and coffee. Aside from the caffeine overdrive, we have only seen once or twice Ohana make her usual combination. The show decides to have her do it again, in the same time that she gets used in a coffee metaphor.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-09-06 at 09:45.
Old 2011-09-07, 02:21   Link #49
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

I just noticed in this episode that in the Okami's room the poster behind the seating place has the character for smile or laugh. It is a bit ironic that she is one major character that rarely smiles. Was that poster always been there?
Old 2011-09-08, 16:15   Link #50
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Satsuki and Kou alone in a room...I hope someone draws a doujinshi about it...
Old 2011-09-08, 18:25   Link #51
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Satsuki and Kou alone in a room...I hope someone draws a doujinshi about it...
Your the 3rd person who wished for a doujin, now I'll be the fourth XD
Old 2011-09-09, 11:38   Link #52
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If you love this show, please don't read this.... Basically just do some rantings here
Spoiler for recommend to those who hate it through:
Old 2011-09-09, 14:13   Link #53
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If you love this show, please don't read this.... Basically just do some rantings here
Spoiler for recommend to those who hate it through:
I downloaded episode 22 in early morning, but waited till night to watch it (off day), because I dislike Minko aggressive behavior in last few episodes, but I was glad I did. No spoils from me... you should watch it

About the Inn closing, it was in conjunction with the filming director arc, where they were scammed and Sui brought it up, when the wedding was announced, so there would be less confusion on who would inherit the Inn and maybe changing Takako mind about marrying her son, if theres no Inn.

Relationships... I started watching this series expecting no love triangles relationships like "True Tears", because I get emotionally depress for the character. The genre of this series doesn't even have a romance tag on it. There was small misfits of relationships though, like Ko/Ohana, where the relationship was establish at the beginning, this relationship was to feed into Ohana development and perspective revolving "love". The side characters had their own clause, but the main focus of the series was on Ohana development and how she change herself from the beginning to now.
Old 2011-09-09, 14:59   Link #54
Khalil

Interest in this show has seriously quieted down, since it became clear there would be no Ohana x Tooru ending.
Old 2011-09-09, 15:49   Link #55
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Interest in this show has seriously quieted down, since it became clear there would be no Ohana x Tooru ending.
Did anyone seriously expect that? I mean, really?
Old 2011-09-09, 16:03   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was readying my rifle just in case...
Old 2011-09-09, 20:17   Link #57
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was readying my rifle just in case...
1 bullet for yourself?
Old 2011-09-09, 21:51   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Did anyone seriously expect that? I mean, really?
300 posts in the Tohru thread in a few weeks says yes. I never thought it had a snowball's chance in hell, personally.
Old 2011-09-09, 22:17   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Ko, how much of a pathethic character has become of him? Damn, he could have made a relationship with his meganekko partner because... he's been long away from Ohano with 0 answer after his confession at the first chapter, and then Jinrou says "Its a man's duty to sit and wait"? and Ko's "I haven't been drinking coffee by 6 months" Pfffftttt!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
1 bullet for yourself?
The bullet must be for thrusting P.A. Works .
Old 2011-09-09, 23:47   Link #60
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ko, how much of a pathethic character has become of him? Damn, he could have made a relationship with his meganekko partner because... he's been long away from Ohano with 0 answer after his confession at the first chapter, and then Jinrou says "Its a man's duty to sit and wait"? and Ko's "I haven't been drinking coffee by 6 months" Pfffftttt!!!!

The bullet must be for thrusting P.A. Works .
Did he really didn't drink coffee for 6 months?

If I recall correctly, Ohana been away for 6 months. Not sure the last meeting in that Café between Ohana/Ko was, that was the last time they drank those.

Now I'm curious about the time period of that time ^ anyone know (estimate)?