AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-03, 17:10   Link #221
onepiecelover

Whatever anyone sayz I will never forgive 4kids for changing Sanji's ciggerates to a lolipop I bet you if only it had a better dubbing one piece would be a lot more famous, those stupid 4kids screwed it up.
Old 2007-01-05, 18:03   Link #222
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

Send a message via AIM to goozeygumgum
who cares about a stupid lollipop i think its actually cooler because its actually different from the manga. if the anime was just like the manga who would watch it??? and smokings stupid anyways!!!!!!!
Old 2007-01-05, 19:02   Link #223
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I didn't see the 4kid version, did they changed Smoker's cigaretes too?
cause it would be hella funny if he'd use smoke from Sanji's cigarete once and they woudl have to fiqure a way to make lollipop smoke XD
Old 2007-01-05, 19:11   Link #224
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Leaving the cool part the smoking thing has a lot more significance . If Sanji was given a lolipop in the orignal version .. there would be no Gojyo as we know today .

Gojyo ( saiyuki ) and Sanji share the same seiyu Hiroaki Hirata . Well that seiyu due to his Sanji role has been typecast to play parts where chracters are chain smokers . You could imagine what big of an impact that Sanji role had . Taking away a chracter trait like that is wrong and crossing the fine line

Hiroaki Hirata
Old 2007-01-05, 21:39   Link #225
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

im sorry i just cant picture it......
Old 2007-01-06, 20:31   Link #226
onepiecelover

This might help

http://opguide.bravehost.com/images/sd_sanji1.jpg
Old 2007-01-06, 20:40   Link #227
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

sorry man my computer says that immages on page not allowed....
Old 2007-01-06, 20:45   Link #228
onepiecelover

I dont know why that is but just goodle image Sanji 4kids then.
Old 2007-01-06, 21:23   Link #229
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
Could you directly link this image if its possible . I mean upload it yourself if you dont mind . Image is blocked
Old 2007-01-06, 21:30   Link #230
LoOnatick
1ne Love

I'm readin' the manga right now. Though I never actually watch the anime but I did saw a few dubs on 4kids. God...they can't dub for shit. I remember this one episode where the Strawhats were locked up in this cell, and this one dude (who in the original anime was smokin' a cigar) stood there talkin' and there were smoke comin' out of his face. At first I'm like "Hmmm what's that?" Then I had a chance to look at the original version and find out it was a cigar that got edit out.

Last edited by LoOnatick; 2007-01-07 at 17:16.
Old 2007-01-07, 10:24   Link #231
Strike101

Guys i'm new to one piece , I'm around Episode 30 on the Subbed Anime , but still couldn't get the hang of it , Lufie seems to annoy me a lot , how long does it take for the anime to get more interesting ? like Bleach when it reached around Ep. 15-16
Old 2007-01-07, 10:46   Link #232
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm, episode 30 is at the end of the Don Krieg arc, which was decent I think. You should at least check out the next arc (Arlong arc), which lasts until episode 44. If you still don't like OP then, then you might aswell give up since the Arlong arc is one of the best imo. It mainly revolves around Nami, since it takes place on her home island.
Old 2007-01-09, 17:53   Link #233
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
agree I loved Arlong Arc ........... where Luffy crush the gate of Arlong Park... oh yeah it's so cool.....
Old 2007-01-10, 00:36   Link #234
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I've known some people who say they didn't get into One Piece until Alabasta, but I don't know how they made it that far if that was really the case. XD
Old 2007-01-10, 00:41   Link #235
Lein
Hitsugaya fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike101 View Post
Guys i'm new to one piece , I'm around Episode 30 on the Subbed Anime , but still couldn't get the hang of it , Lufie seems to annoy me a lot , how long does it take for the anime to get more interesting ? like Bleach when it reached around Ep. 15-16
generally, people tend to recommend sticking till at least the arlong arc. though, i got hooked once zoro once introduced
Old 2007-01-11, 02:06   Link #236
onepiecelover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Could you directly link this image if its possible . I mean upload it yourself if you dont mind . Image is blocked
Ok found a beter link now, just go to this page and see how 4kids molested one piece

http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=2...postcount=4238

Ok found a cooler link to one piece

http://opguide.bravehost.com/general_edits.shtml

Last edited by onepiecelover; 2007-01-12 at 14:30.
Old 2007-01-12, 17:23   Link #237
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

Yeh right one piece gets better as you go on and on. it especially gets good at the part with baroqe works!!! thats probably my favorite part in one piece!!!!
Old 2007-01-12, 17:56   Link #238
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My fave was the Chopper Arc . My excitement did get a lil dim by the unnessecary Emoness of chopper at times .
Old 2007-01-12, 18:10   Link #239
Skat42345

Hmmmm i would like to say that I like Bleach more than one piece because Bleach has more action and better fight scenes and yes Bleach is too funny but so is one piece so yea....
Old 2007-01-13, 09:28   Link #240
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skat42345 View Post
Hmmmm i would like to say that I like Bleach more than one piece because Bleach has more action and better fight scenes and yes Bleach is too funny but so is one piece so yea....
Yeah... One Piece battles have been classified as the best of all time. Bleach battles are pretty short in comparison and it's the same giant sword every time. In Bleach, you don't see a different attack in EVERY arc, do you? Wait, are there arcs in Bleach? I don't think I've seen any. Maybe a 2-3 part episode would count, but not likely. As for humor, OP is more fresh. It's always original and only one or two jokes are ever used countless times. Bleach, on the other hand, is much like Naruto and Inuyasha in the sense that it has a lot of running gags that come up just about all the time.

The reason for this is said to be due to the fact that Oda had more fun making OP than any other anime creator could ever have making a series. He didn't make it just for money like others, so even fillers are worth watching.
Closed Thread