AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 12:57   Link #1281
pampz21
ShipCore

Oh syet....looks like its going to get interesting....and wtf Oga suddenly became popular.....and the most interestin is that shockingly Aoi's jealous!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 15:03   Link #1282
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Oh syet....looks like its going to get interesting....and wtf Oga suddenly became popular.....and the most interestin is that shockingly Aoi's jealous!
no I dont think Aoi is jelous.... she is mostly curious about Oga about who or what he (or bell) is.... she might be angry that he keeps a secret from her (well that last power flash was not normal after all she noticed that and the girls too...)... or she might be angry (she belived what glass guy said taht that show was prepared by them) that Oga worked with the horse-man behind her back...

still I think that she is angry that she is left out in the dark (in last chapter she was trying to hear what Oga, Hilda and rest on the roof were talking about).... she wants to know what is going on.... but oga wont say anything so she does the "cold attitude"...... and mostly the rest of the girls misunderstood her problem (as beign popular with girls now...[talking about Oga and bell] )
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 16:14   Link #1283
Mentar
Banned

Hahaaaa ^_^ ... that was a sweet setup chapter again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Aoi has been jealous right from the start ... remember how she tilted when she saw Hilda with Oga for the first time?

It goes beyond simple jealousy though - looking at her expression on page 2, she's looking more serious and concerned than angry. She knows that something is amiss, but she doesn't know what. So she's going to keep an eye on him, and she'll be trying to find out what the deal is.

I think I've figured out one of the major reasons why I like Aoi so much: She's the Hinagiku of Beelzebub
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:51   Link #1284
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 77:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:36   Link #1285
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
O-o-oga, could we go home together? FUK NO <--- xDDD
BABY BEEL-chan's fanclub
Don't stare a hole in her ass

ah just classic

dabah dabah duh

Tojou's (future) girlfriend-wife oh noes lolz. And here i thought she'd just be added to Oga's harem aswell D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 05:39   Link #1286
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Tojou's (future) girlfriend-wife oh noes lolz. And here i thought she'd just be added to Oga's harem aswell D:
I'm glad she isn't. Giving some other characters some depth is just good. Besides, Oga is properly equipped already

My predictions from the crystal ball:

o Aoi will be the one to fight for Oga's human side. Just like Hilda is trying to bring out his demonic side

o Aoi will continue to investigate Oga/Beel/Hilda's background.

o Oga will seriously lose it, probably within the next 5 chapters. Aoi will have to intervene to pull him back.
Old 2010-09-19, 06:28   Link #1287
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahaha not everyday you hear "Oh, it's the child raising badass"

The little touch of BL actually makes for some pretty funny moment

oh and its CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!....or at least a very bad ass vers of him if thats possible.

@Mentar I like that thought, Aoi-chan is the Hina-chan of Beelzebub, that works for me
Old 2010-09-19, 16:38   Link #1288
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The little touch of BL actually makes for some pretty funny moment
Best part of the chapter, by far.
Old 2010-09-19, 22:37   Link #1289
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I said before that the character designs of beelzebub were hardly original but to rip off both Vincent valentine and Jack Sparrow really just made me shake my head.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:33   Link #1290
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I said before that the character designs of beelzebub were hardly original but to rip off both Vincent valentine and Jack Sparrow really just made me shake my head.
More like jecht from final fantasy.

Which makes it even more epic/awesome.

It's a common character archetype, which is fine by me. At least the author does it right. Doing everything in a badass way, being the new teacher of all things, this is great to me.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 23:43   Link #1291
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
*shrug*

Saotome-sensei looks different from both, even though certain features are similar. No idea where you see the problem.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:56   Link #1292
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
It's a common character archetype, which is fine by me. At least the author does it right. Doing everything in a badass way, being the new teacher of all things, this is great to me.
Really? Because i find it boring. Another GTO delinquent teacher who smokes, I thought this character archetype became outdated back when fujisawa came out with kamen teacher. But then again beelzebub's mangaka has ripped off so many manga's its getting hard to tell.
Old 2010-09-20, 01:25   Link #1293
Iron21

Quote:
Really? Because i find it boring. Another GTO delinquent teacher who smokes, I thought this character archetype became outdated back when fujisawa came out with kamen teacher. But then again beelzebub's mangaka has ripped off so many manga's its getting hard to tell.
And what are these "supposedly" manga he has ripped off. Ripped off is a pretty strong word you using here.

The way you seeming to put ripped off can be applied to almost all of the successful manga out right now. That is why people use the word heavily influence by when it comes to manga, definitely when it's shounen manga.

Not totally original is the phrase you're probably looking for.

The only time I really heard Beelzebub ever compared to something else; was Psyren. That's only because he was a assistant for that manga.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 01:28   Link #1294
konart

Quote:
You can say the same about almost every shounen manga
Old 2010-09-20, 04:39   Link #1295
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
And what are these "supposedly" manga he has ripped off. Ripped off is a pretty strong word you using here.

The way you seeming to put ripped off can be applied to almost all of the successful manga out right now. That is why people use the word heavily influence by when it comes to manga, definitely when it's shounen manga.

Not totally original is the phrase you're probably looking for.

The only time I really heard Beelzebub ever compared to something else; was Psyren. That's only because he was a assistant for that manga.
and he came up with something way better
Old 2010-09-20, 04:57   Link #1296
Mentar
Banned

While I see the point Poetic Justice is making, I think it would be unfair to label Beelzebub as a show prone to rip off other shows. If anything, I'd give the author props for creating some REALLY unique concepts and ideas.

I mean, seriously. Raising the demon emperor as a hoodlum? I wonder what he was smoking. And it's working oh so well
Old 2010-09-21, 03:54   Link #1297
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
While I see the point Poetic Justice is making, I think it would be unfair to label Beelzebub as a show prone to rip off other shows. If anything, I'd give the author props for creating some REALLY unique concepts and ideas.

I mean, seriously. Raising the demon emperor as a hoodlum? I wonder what he was smoking. And it's working oh so well
As someone who's read a ton of shounen manga, I'd argue that there hasn't been anything remotely unique to beelzebub's characters and story, Not even an ounce of originality. Which is why i used the word ripped off. Because its one thing to take elements from the established shounen progression, An entirely other to randomly copy/paste ideas entirely from other mangas.
Old 2010-09-21, 08:48   Link #1298
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
As someone who's read a ton of shounen manga, I'd argue that there hasn't been anything remotely unique to beelzebub's characters and story, Not even an ounce of originality.
Okay. So, in which other show is a badass required to raise the upcoming ruler of hell, with the help of a demon maid?
Old 2010-09-21, 17:35   Link #1299
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

to the ppl above, i don't see why a smoking teacher has got to be something ripped off. I mean, smoking isn't that unconventional, a significant amount of ppl do. Most badass chars do or atleast should or are implied to.
Oh and btw, Jack sparrow was nowhere near as GAR as Saotome-sensei, badass yes, GARRR - no.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:52   Link #1300
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
As someone who's read a ton of shounen manga, I'd argue that there hasn't been anything remotely unique to beelzebub's characters and story, Not even an ounce of originality. Which is why i used the word ripped off. Because its one thing to take elements from the established shounen progression, An entirely other to randomly copy/paste ideas entirely from other mangas.
Not this again. *facepalm*

Back on topic

Spoiler for New Teacher:

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence