AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-11-27, 13:34   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

I am thinking of buying a new PC.

Current PC:

Core2duo E6600
4 GB RAM
HD5670 (before was a GTX 8800 that died)
PSU 600W

This is the PC I bought in 2007. It was a high end pc at that time.

I had to buy at that time because I couldn't watch some 720p anime since it lagged and for games since it wasn't powerful enough. Right now even with this PC I have no problems watching anime at 720p but I can't play most recent games since the min spec is 4 core cpu.

At that time I spent 1300€ it was worth it but only 1 thing annoyed me was after 1 month the memory price dropped 40%. T_T

Right now I am thinking of buying a new pc in december or january. But I don't want to spend much so I won't be buying a high end PC. So what I am thinking in buying is:

The link to site is for the only PC shop in my city. It's in portuguese...

239€
INTEL Core i5-4570S- 2.9GHz 6MB LGA1150
link to CPU list

88€
MB ASUS Chip Intel B85 SK1150 4XDDR3/HDMI mATX - B85M-E
link to MB list

90€ 2x for 16 GB
DIMM KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11
link to RAM list

229€
VGA ASUS TURBO GTX960 OC 2GB GDDR5 3DP/1HDMI/1DVI
link to videocard list

Which PSU to buy? What "Wattage"?
link to psu list

Total 646€. Missing PSU + case + 2 SSD.
The SDD I will probably spend 130€.

The game I have in mind is The Witcher the wild hunt. What kind of performance will this PC have? Could I get cheaper components?

For the video card there is VGA ASUS GTX750TI PH 2GB DDR5 DVI/HDMI at 150€. yes I know... the better the video the card the better the game runs.

At this rate I am afraid it will reach 900€. 900€ is a lot in Portugal where we are in crisis.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2015-11-27 at 14:27.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 13:43   Link #2
IceHism

Wouldn't get an S processor. I5-4670 or i5-4430 would be better

Don't get a gtx 960, radeon r9 380x or 390 if you can find it on sale are way better in a price to performance ratio. They generally cost about the same as the gtx 960

for PSU, I recommend seasonic or superflower. Corsair is okay . can't really go wrong with seasonic, pick a PSU and look up specific reviews on it to see if it has any problems and buy if it generally works well.

If it is within your budget, I would also recommend upgrading to skylake instead of staying on haswell but its your call as it is just a bit more expensive.

If you need help to organizing it all together, I recommend you to use pcpartpicker.com to do so. Very handy website or I could make parts list for you if you want.

Last edited by IceHism; 2015-11-27 at 13:55.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 01:52   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

I am trying to make a budget PC that doesn't sux and that shoud last for a few years like my last one.

There is so many choices in market that makes you confused. The site I linked should be trusted so much coz all portuguese computer shop sites kinda sux.
Old 2015-11-28, 21:07   Link #4
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I am trying to make a budget PC that doesn't sux and that shoud last for a few years like my last one.

There is so many choices in market that makes you confused. The site I linked should be trusted so much coz all portuguese computer shop sites kinda sux.
I don't know your budget so telling me that is useless.

Its not confusing at all. You could start with some of my suggestions if you want.
Old 2015-11-29, 01:53   Link #5
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I don't know your budget so telling me that is useless.

Its not confusing at all. You could start with some of my suggestions if you want.
I just want it to go down from 900€ something like 700€. If I don't buy the case and use the old one should save some.

I referred the site coz it's the only computer ship near me. If I went to buy online stuff I would get cheaper stuff but then again it would be pain in the ass to return in case of defect. And in case of warranty thing it would be awful too.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2015-11-29 at 02:16.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 20:14   Link #6
IceHism

I don't know why you won't order online cause delivery and warranty really is not a issue 99% of the time and i haven't had a defective part yet
but i'll go with what you want.

pick this psu. http://chip7.aeiou.pt/produtos/infor...ctivo-atx.html
But honestly, all the PSUs on your list are of dubious quality. I doubt many of them will supply their rated watts so its best to pick a high number like 600 in this case

honestly, your selection is just really shitty. Those prices are ridiculously overpriced and the selection is way too tiny.
Old 2015-11-29, 20:56   Link #7
larethian

Just to add on, you really need to get a quality branded PSU. Other wise it can cause a lot of woes in future. I don't know how Antec ranks now but I used to use Antec when I was still using desktop more than a decade ago. It comes with a very long warranty (3years?) and technical documentation that clearly states its operating ranges, guaranteed performance with lots of graphs and tables (which I used to be able to understand ).

You usually also want to use some kind of online power calculator for your parts and you want to have a buffer of about 20% wattage at computed peak operating usage. This will make your PSU last and allow you room to add another hard disk in future.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 04:12   Link #8
Tiberium Wolf

Ok. I could go to another store but that one going to take me 45m +1h(trip to the city) trip since it's in city where I work.

PSU
link
So what about the brands for 600w psu in this list?
Old 2015-11-30, 11:57   Link #9
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
PSU
link
SeaSonic, Corsair and Cooler Master are well known brands, and as has already been mentioned the first two are on the list of dependable power supplies.

Also I'd suggest you drop the core i5 4570S and go for the core i3 4170 since it will beat the crap out of your old C2D, but if you want quad core processing on a budget then I would suggest going for an AMD board and getting either an AMD Athlon X4 860K CPU or a Kaveri A8 or A10 APU which should cut the processor cost in half.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 12:45   Link #10
IceHism

Quote:
Ok. I could go to another store but that one going to take me 45m +1h(trip to the city) trip since it's in city where I work.

PSU
link
http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-p...600-600w.html?
Old 2015-12-07, 07:46   Link #11
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

With that GPU and processor I'd say a 750W power supply unit would be more than sufficient if you're going to be adding a bunch of peripherals or harddrives. I'd say a 600W would do the job as well, though keep in mind power supplies degrade over time, so a 600W power supply probably wouldn't last more than 4-5 years before you start to approach borderline minimum system power requirement. Also make sure it's Gold Certified, if possible. Corsair or Thermaltake are my preference, though honestly there's plenty of other good brands as well.