AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 15:44   Link #21
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Dont forget that bake is a reverse Harem.

Hitagi is the hardest to get so he gets her first.

Tsubasa would've jumped into his bed so he 'gets' her last.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:26   Link #22
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
A complete off tangent wondering

Spoiler for Nisemonogatari:
I hope you're joking, that's sacrilege
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:43   Link #23
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

What you mean by Reverse Harem... Last time I heard, Reverse harem requires lots of guys..
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:30   Link #24
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Reverse as in the main guy gets the hardest girl to get to first early on.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:39   Link #25
Clarste
Human

That doesn't make much sense given that harem implies nothing about order.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:42   Link #26
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Reverse as in the main guy gets the hardest girl to get to first early on.
Oh... I misunderstood..
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:42   Link #27
Raiga
tl;dr

Maybe call it a reverse-dating-sim?
Old 2009-10-27, 21:32   Link #28
Clarste
Human

^ Spoiler tags? How annoying to have it spoiled for me.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:36   Link #29
Raiga
tl;dr

I know the urge to spoil is hard to resist but please resist for all of us unspoiled peoples' sake D:
Old 2009-10-27, 23:27   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

For Zetsubo who "don't understand spoiling" and for anyone with similar problem: anything that you are giving away based on your knowledge on the source material that has yet to be covered in the anime counterpart is a spoiler. Can't get much clearer than that...............

While it wasn't much of a spoiler considering this is one of those stories that I can follow, I'm still annoyed by having to read it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 05:49   Link #31
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Gotta say, that I found cat-eared-still-sane Hanekawa to be quite charming. Perfect 'Wanna take home' material....

or so Rena would say.
Old 2009-12-02, 17:47   Link #32
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

I honestly don't think Tsubasa would just jump into bed with him. The entire reason Koyomi didn't even go after her was because he was sure he would have gotten rejected. If she was really that easy then it would be obvious and she would be his girlfriend long before he meets up with Hitagi.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 18:27   Link #33
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I honestly don't think Tsubasa would just jump into bed with him. The entire reason Koyomi didn't even go after her was because he was sure he would have gotten rejected. If she was really that easy then it would be obvious and she would be his girlfriend long before he meets up with Hitagi.
Actually, the main reason he didn't go after her was because he felt that he owed her big time almost immediately after they met so she never had the opportunity to seduce him.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 18:32   Link #34
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
LOL.... wrong on so many counts.

Koyomi had no fear of rejection.

He has only his beliefe in repaying his life debt to her.

If he been able to repay that that debt before he met Hitagi, then they would prossibly get together as a couple.

The debt is the reason he is the vice president, the debt is the reason he does whatever she asked and works late after school with her keeping her company. Because he feels he owes her.

In his mind he owes her big time. Sadly it is the main block infront of them as a couple.

However, one more thing to bear in mind... Hitagi is actually more Koyomis type of girl.

Notice also that Hitagi had a debt repayment issue with Koyomi but she quickly got over that when she realised that it would hinder her progress with him romantically.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:41   Link #35
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
LOL.... wrong on so many counts.

Koyomi had no fear of rejection.

He has only his beliefe in repaying his life debt to her.

If he been able to repay that that debt before he met Hitagi, then they would prossibly get together as a couple.

The debt is the reason he is the vice president, the debt is the reason he does whatever she asked and works late after school with her keeping her company. Because he feels he owes her.

In his mind he owes her big time. Sadly it is the main block infront of them as a couple.

However, one more thing to bear in mind... Hitagi is actually more Koyomis type of girl.

Notice also that Hitagi had a debt repayment issue with Koyomi but she quickly got over that when she realised that it would hinder her progress with him romantically.
No.....i don't think you're right on that one. When Hitagi said she wanted to repay him it was only a lie so that Koyomi would confess to her. That being said, Koyomi didn't like her romantically until after she confess to him herself.

I'm pretty sure that if Tsubasa confessed to him before Hitagi did, he would have definitely went out with her instead. It's just as what Hitagi said, it was 1-99 record with her and Tsubsa with the one win on her confessing faster.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 20:50   Link #36
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No.....i don't think you're right on that one. When Hitagi said she wanted to repay him it was only a lie so that Koyomi would confess to her. That being said, Koyomi didn't like her romantically until after she confess to him herself.

I'm pretty sure that if Tsubasa confessed to him before Hitagi did, he would have definitely went out with her instead. It's just as what Hitagi said, it was 1-99 record with her and Tsubsa with the one win on her confessing faster.
hmmmm....

Yeah... I see my error.

I am currently under alot of stress as I am being audited by the Tax department.

Even though I have paid my taxes and they are up to date.

Their system stilll hasn't managed to record my payments and is now threatening leagal action.

So I guess I had my wires mixed.

I guess that happens when your government is threatening you with jail or whatever.
Old 2010-01-01, 02:34   Link #37
Yuutsu

Eh, I like Hanekawa Tsubasa. She has cat ears and doesn't afraid of anything.

Though I don't quite get her hesitance in pursuing the feelings she has for Koyomi. To me, it seems as if she wants to get inside Araragi's pants but is oddly reluctant to pursue that desire. During the whole bicycle scene in episode 13, she was just exuding subtle hints of disappointment and jealousy (?) at the fact that Araragi was so popular with the women. I wonder if there's an underlying reason for why she is reluctanct, or if it's just simply the fact that she doesn't have feelings for him and that I'm mistaken.

Last edited by Yuutsu; 2010-01-01 at 14:55.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 12:43   Link #38
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Eh, I like Hanekawa Tsubasa. She has cat ears and doesn't afraid of anything.

Though I don't quite get her hesitance in pursuing the feelings she has for Koyomi. To me, it seems as if she wants to get inside Araragi's pants but is oddly reluctant to pursue that desire. During the whole bicycle scene in episode 13, she was just exuding subtle hints of disappointment and jealousy (?) at the fact that Araragi was so popular with the women. I wonder if there's an underlying reason for why she reluctance, or if it's just simply the fact that she doesn't have feelings for him and that I'm mistaken.
Hanekawa does want Koyomi, but was taking her time.

Like Hitagi she too wanted to get him to confess to her.

It is only natural for a woman to preffer the man to confess to her is it not ?

So she took her time.

Because Araragi was originall anit-social and did not have any friends but her, she took it for granted that she had all the time in the world to make him fall for her.

So she paced herself, spending delightful evenings at school with him.

The thing is, she did not expect Hitagi to move in so swiftly and take him right from under her nose.

Infact, Hitagi sensed Hanekawas intention and stepped up her pace rapidly changing tactics as the need arose to get Koyomi fascinated with her... when the coy strategy and suggestions did not work Hitagi had enough of that and simply.. confessed herself.

This was something Hanekawa, being the straight laced good girl type, would not do.

The fact is in certain situations it seems Hitagi is more flexible than Hanekawa.
Old 2010-01-03, 13:05   Link #39
Tabasco

I could see that, to a point.

It seemed to me that she friend zoned Koyomi for pretty much all the series, she didn't even seem too upset when he started dating Hitagi in earnest. But lately, especially the latest episode, makes me wonder if she isn't tired of being seen as his genius best friend/safe girl.

That, and the retinue of girls he's assembled is probably helping too...
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 13:44   Link #40
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I could see that, to a point.

It seemed to me that she friend zoned Koyomi for pretty much all the series, she didn't even seem too upset when he started dating Hitagi in earnest. But lately, especially the latest episode, makes me wonder if she isn't tired of being seen as his genius best friend/safe girl.

That, and the retinue of girls he's assembled is probably helping too...
Tsubasa did not "friend zone" Koyomi.

Instead she took things for granted and waited for him to confess.

However, Hanekawa has been building up stress her whole life and Koyomi's company helps her to forget that stress at home and school and she feels at ease around him.

So she gets him to become her vice president so she can keep him with her often. She was in no rush to seduce him.

However she transformed into the cat when she did not see Koyomi for a while to relieve her stress. the first time was during golden week.

Ever since Koyomi has been constantly with her and so she was once again comfortable.

When Hitagi becomes Koyomi's girlfriend this stress Hanekawa out for four reasons.

1. Jealousy.

2. He starts paying more attention to Hitagi and even her friend Kanbaru. So Tsubasa's time spent with Koyomi has been reduced and her stress starts to slowly build up again. Especially while she is most lonely in the evenings wandering around the town or in the library, since she does not ever want to go home, In the evenings Koyomi is with Hitagi.

3. Koyomi starts asking Hanekawa advice on his new relationship with Hitagi. This adds more stress to Hanaekawa. Koyomi is cluless about how Hanekawa feels about him.

4. Hitagi succeded in getting Koyomi to think seriously about life and university and his future. Something that Hanekawa failed to do. His gradual change into a more reliable person was what Hanekawa wanted for Koyomi and she wanted to be the reason for that change. However Hitagi is the one that triggered that change and he is doing it to spend a future with Senjougaraha Hitagi. More stressssssssss

Tags
characters