AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 11:44   Link #801
ookamigirl

A little something - something about R.
This was actually pretty interesting to watch.
Seems like CIA is very interested in Koko at the moment.
That could prove to be very tiresome and dangerous.
It was really fun watching them practice an extraction ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 16:42   Link #802
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow. If the first season was good, then this one stands to be brilliant. Things are really starting to hot up now. There's the whole spy movie intrigue thing going down. It's getting serious.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 22:17   Link #803
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that got to suck cant sleeping on a night of a full moon
Old 2012-10-17, 22:54   Link #804
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I don't know about you guys, but I think Hex is hot
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 10:27   Link #805
klare

i think Bookman is a scary person, he has to take care of his agents, take care of his agents' helpers, maintaining the balance and handling people like Hex...

9000 round of ammo? im looking forward to next eps, im afraid their training may not be effective if the target is not Koko
Old 2012-10-18, 10:52   Link #806
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Jazz BGM is nice touch

Everytime you look at Black I swear you can feel your coronaries stiffening...how is he not dead of a heart attack yet...It's not his hands that's dangerous....it's his mouth...
To paraphrase Nikita, Black doesn't need to worry about assassins out to get him; he's doing a good enough job of killing himself on his own.

Also, I'm intrigued by Koko going for standardisation, after a season of letting everyone carry their own favorite gun. On the other hand, there are solid reasons for everyone carrying a standard rifle - even if it is the Magpul Masada, which at this point would have been superseeded by the Bushmaster ACR incarnation. Which means Koko went to Magpul and bought up all their spare Masadas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i think Bookman is a scary person, he has to take care of his agents, take care of his agents' helpers, maintaining the balance and handling people like Hex...

9000 round of ammo? im looking forward to next eps, im afraid their training may not be effective if the target is not Koko
Hex is following that old military adage: "There is no such thing as too much ammo." (There is such a thing as too much ammo to carry, which is why we have vehicles.)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-10-18 at 11:20.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 22:34   Link #807
dfens

For the teams standardisation only their rifles are all the same, caliber and mags but for their sidearms only if their pistol was not a 9mm did they have to switch to a Sig Pro 2022.

Jonah and Tojo still use their Browning Hi-Power MK3 and Beretta 92F haven't seen if Valmet switched over they never show her with a pistol again, I know Mao and Wiley did even though they had Glock 17's in 9mm.

As for the rifles Magpul still owns the design and can always make more of the Masada, they licensed the design to Bushmater which was bought out recently by Remington so they get a fee for everyone sold since they didn't have the factories/machines to make the guns in large volume themselves. But the ACR is not as good as the Masada and way over priced for what you get, they had a real winner on their hands and ruined it by making changes to it and calling it the ACR.

Was suppose to be 1500 MSRP but is 2350-2700, 1:7 twist not 1:9, and moving the charging handle forward makes it hard to charge the weapon with certain optics mounted. And the different caliber changes with a swap of a barrel and mags they would have made a killing if they could deliver on this promise alone.

I really wanted one but after handling one not at those prices maybe if it was a true Masada but I'm waiting on my HK MR556 instead.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 00:33   Link #808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kurosaki Maon - UNDER/SHAFT

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:36   Link #809
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show just has it. Scene after amazing scene, directed like a symphony. A half-naked Koko pressing up against Jonah on the side of the bed. The loopy brilliance of Dr. Miami conveyed so well by Toyoguchi Megumi. And Hisakawa Aya giving us the fearsome Hex.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:21   Link #810
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I think Hex is hot
Some things... just aren't worth dying for, mate. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This show just has it. Scene after amazing scene, directed like a symphony. A half-naked Koko pressing up against Jonah on the side of the bed. The loopy brilliance of Dr. Miami conveyed so well by Toyoguchi Megumi. And Hisakawa Aya giving us the fearsome Hex.
Seconded.

When the first season started airing after second episode, I read all the currently released manga.I just love how faithful the anime has remained to the manga and I always look forward to seeing a particular scene animated, week after week.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:35   Link #811
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Spoiler for eps 3:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 15:42   Link #812
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I always really liked Black, starting in the manga. He's the kind of character you don't really know where you have him. At one point he's your best ally.

At another, oh look, I'm dead now. Indirectly.

Really enjoying every single ep of this adaption. I can't stop smiling throughout every single episode.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 18:20   Link #813
kanon78
Confederate

This series is "criminally underrated". With the 3rd episode we are in for a treat, heading straight into the climax of this (R) arc.
Seeing it animated by a studio that deserve all credits for this faithful adaptation (so far) is more than enjoyable.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:04   Link #814
hoshino_crimsonwings

Brilliant episode, you really do feel like you took a punch when R got shot.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:59   Link #815
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What I found interesting was how at the end, it turns out that Black is a more morally suspect expy of Jack Ryan, being an Annapolis graduate who was commissioned into the Marines, but medically retired after a severe back injury, eventually ending up in a senior position at the CIA.

Also, fucking hells that was an awesome episode. R died like a boss. ;__;

I knew it was coming, but it was still a gutpunch.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 01:50   Link #816
Elestia

Really liking this new season over the previous one. The show seems to have a budget now and the direction has greatly improved too. Koko trying to protect R's identity was a great insight to how fragile she really is.
Old 2012-10-25, 02:38   Link #817
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I can only hope that Bookman ends up regretting trying to mess with Koko. Loved when he was being condescending at R's grave concerning Hexx, and Koko was too cool to let him know she'd already carpet bombed her to oblivion.

Also, even though it's been all but said that Koko puts up a good front, it was nice to see some flashes of what I presume are her real self. Especially when she blew up at Valmet with the, "I'm an arm's dealer! How the hell am I wonderful!" line.

I'm getting curiouser and curiouser over what her real goal is.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:05   Link #818
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3 order
i guess the saying don’t mess with koko or she will release the “kraken” on those who hurt one she cares.

R telling his cia’s boss mr.black to call-off hex’s attack but hex go with so R go all length save koko & johan cause if johan get “axed” cue koko SMASH!!!

so R get both them safe shot duel with hex give eye for an eye shot with R “bought it” & hearing it so koko calling in give hex the “future endeavors” B-52 bombs away after feeling valmet’s “milks”.

now koko & johan give R’s some flowers, drink, & meet cia contact mr.black onwards now give mr.black now dance to like it’s challenge to face koko?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:23   Link #819
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In a way, I look at Jormungand as a kind of jigsaw puzzle. The first season had to do the work of shaking all the pieces out of the box onto the table, but it’s only now that we get an appreciation for just how beautifully they fit together. I think of Death Note as a good trashy manga posing as high art and Jormungand as high art posing as a good trashy manga, and that’s really coming through with the work White Fox is doing with Perfect Order.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:05   Link #820
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Episode 3:

Oh man, this episode was just one big bomb with a fuse slowly running until the end. All the awesome action that was going on as well as the situation they were in made everything so tense and enjoyable to watch.

I really am going to miss R, and seeing Koko almost crack was something that can only witnessed once, whether or not I want to see that though is questionable

Lastly, what a way for Hex to go. She got what was coming to her though, no one pisses off Koko and lives for very much longer.

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen