AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 49 39.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 24.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 20.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-24, 15:00   Link #21
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Ryonosuke wondered how they can be human and also talked about god. Rider and Waver's relationship is the best. Looks like Caster's time has come to an end, but that cliffhanger!
Old 2011-12-24, 16:36   Link #22
Key Board
Carbon

horrible place to stop
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 16:46   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the best place to have stop would have been IH but i guess they couldn't stretch it that far.
Old 2011-12-24, 17:00   Link #24
kitten320

That was VERY weak for the last episode... I mean come on! Talk is good and I didn't complai but having 90% of talking in last episode is a very bad decision... just for that I tempted to give it 7!
But will cool my head and give it 8. Hopefully second part will pick up.
Old 2011-12-24, 17:03   Link #25
Kaiba

I'll admit I liked the talking, mostly because it cemented Waver as something more than "Baka baka Raida".
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:11   Link #26
Aqua Knight

Watched the episode. The problem is that last 3 episodes was mostly talk instead of action.
Old 2011-12-24, 17:13   Link #27
ookamigirl

I thought there would be more episodes, at least a double season.
Didn't expect it to be over so soon.
Caster is always the troublemaker..
Wish we didn't have to wait so long for the new season.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:37   Link #28
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Talking is action . I would think people would have realized by now that this isan extremely heavy dialog story. But oh well. Continue projecting your desire to see an extremely action packed show
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:40   Link #29
rpgman1

Geez, most of the anime this season ended on cliffhangers and this is no different. Then the ending remind me to wait until April 2012 to see the 2nd half. What a bummer. This felt very out of place for me and left me wondering what's going to happen next.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:50   Link #30
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Goddammit... its true they make this as split cour for just marketing purpose afterall, fuck Aniplex, still love them though.

Quote:
That was VERY weak for the last episode... I mean come on! Talk is good and I didn't complai but having 90% of talking in last episode is a very bad decision... just for that I tempted to give it 7!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Watched the episode. The problem is that last 3 episodes was mostly talk instead of action.

if they butch the dialogue, many people will bitch like for eps 11. And the true nature of F/Z and Fate universe is dialogue afterall. And the target of this show is TYPE-MOON fanatics not casual watcher, just look how Kara no Kyoukai sell hundred thousand of copies despite 99% content is talking n talking and being an "small part" TYPE-MOON universe and yet fan crazed over them.

I hope everyone reserve their judgement this show untill they see it in whole package. Its not really different to show like steins; gate that need about the exact episode number for build-up for the exciting part.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-12-24 at 18:07.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 18:14   Link #31
Cyz
"Show it to me"

What the heck? They should've just finished this in 26 or so. Does the people need break that they actually decided on season 2? Well, anyway it's disappointing since it still doesn't seem fit for a last episode because they mostly talk and the action part is very short and it's at the end. Well, better wait for season 2 then
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 18:15   Link #32
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I have to admit, in the beginning of this anime I'm a Saber fan due to me watching the sequel. Now I'm starting to like Rider a lot because of his personality about people, friends and life and Saber looks so puny in terms of character this anime.
Old 2011-12-24, 18:27   Link #33
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I have to admit, in the beginning of this anime I'm a Saber fan due to me watching the sequel. Now I'm starting to like Rider a lot because of his personality about people, friends and life and Saber looks so puny in terms of character this anime.
Saber will still have the coolest moment in this series though

Can't wait to see it in spring!
Old 2011-12-24, 18:42   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
What the heck? They should've just finished this in 26 or so. Does the people need break that they actually decided on season 2?
You didn't think all those wonderful Animation consistency are for free did you ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:21   Link #35
Mikoku

It seems it's a lot better to watch every series after they're finished so I wouldn't have to stand these long breaks with this kind of cliffhangers...
Well probably I'm gonna watch the first season at least one more time before 2nd airs.
Mikoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:19   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

There's too many people complaining about the series being dialogue heavy. I completely agree with Reck here: people should have realized a long time ago what type of series this is.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:28   Link #37
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I'll give a more thorough review of the series later, but my god, what an underwhelming ending that was. In fact, this was probably one of the most underwhelming 1st cour endings out of all the animes this season I've seen. 90% dialogue, caster STILL not dead and instead half the episode was devoted to Waver being emo. This isn't a mid-season episode folks, this is a FINAL episode of the 1st cour. I donno what the creators were thinking that making the last 3-4 episodes of Fate/Zero being dialogue heavy was a good idea.

6/10 for the episode give where we are (end of 1st cour dammit!) and that's being generous. What a disappointing series given it started immensely strong and I thought it might have been a contender for top 5 of the year. Fat chance for that now.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:34   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I came into this show expecting and partly knowing what it was going to be focusing on so the 1st half ending sits sort of well enough with me. I wanted and enjoyed all the talk the first half gave because it really expanded a lot onto the Fate universe and lore.

Of course, ending the 1st half on a cliffhanger was a huge kick in the nuts.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:36   Link #39
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I'll give a more thorough review of the series later, but my god, what an underwhelming ending that was. In fact, this was probably one of the most underwhelming 1st cour endings out of all the animes this season I've seen.
You know, this was a novel and this character development will come on handy later, three episodes of talking (interesting talking and good character development) are better than just kill off a bunch of people without any reason (like Mirai Nikki). And, no, this is a 26 episode series, the stop is just to let the quality consistent when the climatic and tragic second half comes. It's not really a first season end, is just a stop.

And I don't agree on series starting strong and then falling off, episodes 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 were the best episodes so far.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:38   Link #40
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
People still don't seem to understand that this series is not your typical action-packed shonen show. This is a Type-Moon production, which means that there is going to be a lot of dialogue. IMO, dialogue makes characters more three dimensional and more interesting.

Fate/Zero is still one of my Top 5 anime's for this year and the wait for the second half is going to be a killer.