AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 08:39   Link #10061
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Pretty much happened as expected. Though it was interesting seeing a bit more of pisces. Fish weak against water? Huh.

Still waiting to see the tournament fight.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:46   Link #10062
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh wow, Mira, you're too much.

Uwaaah, they were taken down so quickly... It would be nice if the anime extended these particular fights to at least two per episode but I doubt that happening, expecially with the snycro-defeat. >< But drawing it out for one full episode would be good enough.

And once again, such pride in my lil Sky Dragon. :3

But seriously, they were this weak...? I'm doubting Long-nose more and more... Even if Fairy Tail has plothax working in their favor, the best executioners shouldn't be this weak...
Old 2012-11-30, 09:00   Link #10063
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Hum ?
I'm the only one who loved the fact they are all defeated in one chapters ?
Because i didn't wanted to fight for another 30 chapters ?
Nope. I'm totally fine with it.
Old 2012-11-30, 09:09   Link #10064
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm a bit disappointed that these guys ended up being trash...well, at least they put up a better fight than most trash.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:20   Link #10065
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Just a reminder that they were mages that were thought up via contest winners. So they were headed towards being not much more than a footnote anyway.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:46   Link #10066
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great chapter... seems like I put too high expectation on these executioner group...
they don't even put any cool fight at all...

Love how Mira ate that poison fog... it's a treat ^^
and Pisces is weak against water! lol!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:45   Link #10067
immblueversion

Well, now I hope they get back to the tourney.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:55   Link #10068
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
But seriously, they were this weak...? I'm doubting Long-nose more and more... Even if Fairy Tail has plothax working in their favor, the best executioners shouldn't be this weak...
No, they weren't weak, Fairy Tail was this strong. Do you really think that some random executioners are going to be as powerful as elite members of the most powerful guilds in the kingdom?

Seriously, Natsu's basically demonstrated that if need be, he could level the entire stadium with ease. Mirajane's likely in the same vicinity. Pantherlily trained with Gajeel, who should be comparable to Natsu. Lucy, Yukino, and Wendy are no slouches either. The Wolves aren't weak, they're simply out classed, in the same way that Yukino isn't weak, but was outclassed by Kagura.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:03   Link #10069
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
No, they weren't weak, Fairy Tail was this strong. Do you really think that some random executioners are going to be as powerful as elite members of the most powerful guilds in the kingdom?
But they weren't random executioners.. they are regarded as the strongest executioners of the Fiore Empire. The last i recall even Makarov was wary of going against the Fiore Empire [But i'd like to stress he ISN'T AFRAID], it just acknowledge that the Empire has pretty decent strength. Sides, the current rescue team isn't the 'Strongest' fairy tail members, not to mention other elite members of other guilds. Point is, i think Fairy Tail just basically became over powered and it isn't fair/hard to compare it with anyone else. I mean who can stop them from owning anyone they want, really... ever since Natsu single handedly took down both Sting & Rouge i couldn't place him anywhere in the meter charts.

I feel where Fairy Tail is concerned, power levels is insignificant because the author basically gives whoever he wants to gain victorious hax strength to win at any cost no matter the odds or however bs the method.

STILL, i'm totally cool with the rescue team owning the executioners because i can't wait to go back to the tournament and see someone whop Minerva's ass.

*Why did Leo not do anything... except look badass.
Old 2012-11-30, 11:19   Link #10070
seiftis
~defying fate

Well, what on earth, the executioners were defeated so easily. Would've preferred a tougher fight
Old 2012-11-30, 11:41   Link #10071
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
But really, Mashima should stop hyping fodder...
They are not fodder, Mashima is giving good guys the hax powers. Simple as that. No way it could have been that easy...

And... unfortunately, I see the similar fate to the rest of the Fiore's ''strongest'' fighters. It's like suddenly Mashima is writing for his five year old grandchild who wants nothing but wins on good guy's side.

I'm one of the rare ones who DON'T want to see Minerva's ass being kicked so easily....
Old 2012-11-30, 11:50   Link #10072
ranchan13

The only thing I'm certain of, in the future, Fairy Tail will be receiving an ass stomping, for a bit, before turning things around.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:21   Link #10073
immblueversion

Apart from Lucy and Yukino, it's like everyone was fighting these people for the sake of fighting them until they said "Eh, bored now," and just decided to trounce them all.

Old 2012-11-30, 13:23   Link #10074
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
But they weren't random executioners.. they are regarded as the strongest executioners of the Fiore Empire. The last i recall even Makarov was wary of going against the Fiore Empire [But i'd like to stress he ISN'T AFRAID], it just acknowledge that the Empire has pretty decent strength. Sides, the current rescue team isn't the 'Strongest' fairy tail members, not to mention other elite members of other guilds. Point is, i think Fairy Tail just basically became over powered and it isn't fair/hard to compare it with anyone else. I mean who can stop them from owning anyone they want, really... ever since Natsu single handedly took down both Sting & Rouge i couldn't place him anywhere in the meter charts.
1) Fiore's a kingdom, not an empire. A few chapters of poor translation should not have you calling them an empire.

2) Yes they're random executioners. Sure they're the strongest executioners, but they're just random people no one's heard of, and you're expecting them to easily match the some of the most powerful members of the most powerful guilds in the kingdom. Natsu's demonstrated that he could easily level the stadium if he so chose and took what were thought to be the strongest members of the strongest guild 2v1. Did you really think axe guy was going to be on the same level as him? There's no real reason "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom".

3) Makarov was reluctant to launch an out an out attack on the kingdom because they live in said kingdom. As easy as it would be to crush the kingdom's forces, it would make them outlaws, and turn the world against them. Lots of unpleasant fall out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
They are not fodder, Mashima is giving good guys the hax powers. Simple as that. No way it could have been that easy...
They are not fodder. Nor is Fairy Tail getting hax powers. The Wolves are strong, but Fairy Tail and Yukino is simply stronger.

Seriously, fodder is those Sabertooth guys that Natsu was backhanding out of the way when he attacked their hotel. The Wolves were actually a minor roadblock.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:34   Link #10075
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Random Speculation about Zeref, Ancologia, and Layla Heartphilia (& indirectly Lucy)

First what we know:

Ok, so we all know Zeref supposedly made Ancologia into a dragon from the dragon slayer he was before. However how did he do it? It was also implied Ancologia is Zeref's tool, to at least some degree, though how much free will he has is unknown. Ancologia can also detect Zeref from a vast distance, since when Zeref finally lost his good heart, Ancologia was summoned forth.

We also know Layla Heartphilia knows about the one magic Zeref possess, yet no one else seems to know about it at all. Which is odd. Layla was also sick most her life and "died" in the year 777 the year all the dragons disappeared.

We also know the Spirit King for some reason thought Lucy was special enough to visit in person when no normal spirit mage could ever do such a thing. Finally Loki and all Lucy's spirits can detect and communicate to some degree with Lucy without even being summoned.

-------------

Now my speculation:

So I'm wondering if Layla Heartphilia was the ingredient used to make Zeref into a dragon. Simply put, Layla was once Draco the Celestial Spirit Dragon. However what if Zeref got her key and stole her dragon hood status and gave it to Ancologia, which turned Layla into a mostly mortal human... that just might be the thing that both made Layla Heartphilia sick due to being absent from spirit world and disappeared/died in the same year as the dragons. Plus it explains why spirit king would care so much about Lucy's feelings, since if true in a sense Lucy would be one of his subjects and familiy. It would also explain how Ancologia could detect Zeref from where ever he was prior and possibly why Ancologia was flying all over the world (he was seeking Zeref).

Anyways just random speculation. I still don't have an guess as to what significance 7/7/x777 has or the dragon king festival... just a theory of the relationship of Zeref, Ancologia, Layla, and Lucy.

Tell me what you think about it.

EDIT: Oh as to the 400 year age gap... I suspect that would tie into Natsu and Gajeel being over 80 or stone statues Plus Zeref is over 400 years old and very young, so this really isn't a detriment to the theory. And Hades didn't age for the last 48 years of his life either...

---------------------

Random speculation about Arcadios personality swap over Zeref and what he's fighting for:

Maybe Zeref had Arcadios under some sort of spell to become his mindless slave (like Jellal to Ultear but on a more epic level since it's Zeref) and that's why he was acting all lets worship Zeref. However later Princess Hisui who also has powers like Zeref (if she's the robed girl, which I suspect she is and will be revealed next chapter based on the chapter title, since I believe last Chapter Hisui snuk away from the guards and I suspect it was to sneak away to meet up with Natsu and crew) noticed it and as a result freed him, that's why he's against Zeref and pro Princess now but wasn't then.

------

Oh least I forget... Hiro's twitter confirmed even though he doesn't really plan much for FT he does have at least 3 more arcs minimum actually that he wants to do (each arc pushing 1-2 years of late would mean 3-6 more years worth on FT,but based on the ever increasing amount of characters I'd wager 6 on the high end). However he did previously mention arcs like Fighting Festival just randomly came about on a whim. So we could get a lot more than 3 more arcs too.
Old 2012-11-30, 15:17   Link #10076
Ushio the Omega

Oh thank god the shit battle is over lets hope we have at least 2 fight(boring) free chapters next!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 15:44   Link #10077
kitten320

Sigh, I hate dragged out fights but that was way too fast! They are freaking executioners of high skill and yet they got destroyed in one chapter! What was the purpose of it all again?

The only thing I liked is Charle saying "I'm surprised he actually survived" because I share her thoughts.
Old 2012-11-30, 15:48   Link #10078
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Sigh, I hate dragged out fights but that was way too fast! They are freaking executioners of high skill and yet they got destroyed in one chapter! What was the purpose of it all again?

The only thing I liked is Charle saying "I'm surprised he actually survived" because I share her thoughts.
They are fanfiction from a random contest... get over it.
Old 2012-11-30, 16:20   Link #10079
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Hiro's twitter confirmed even though he doesn't really plan much for FT he does have at least 3 more arcs minimum actually that he wants to do (each arc pushing 1-2 years of late would mean 3-6 more years worth on FT,but based on the ever increasing amount of characters I'd wager 6 on the high end). However he did previously mention arcs like Fighting Festival just randomly came about on a whim. So we could get a lot more than 3 more arcs too.
Maybe he could get the anime adaptation to do the arcs he's not quite as serious about doing himself, kinda like the last filler arc if I'm understanding it right.

Old 2012-11-30, 16:42   Link #10080
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Maybe he could get the anime adaptation to do the arcs he's not quite as serious about doing himself, kinda like the last filler arc if I'm understanding it right.
Relying on google translate myself... but that sounds like a great idea. He does talk to the anime director quite often, he told him of cut plans to add Eighore (forgive spelling) to OS according to the q&a of volume 22... so the anime did it

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen