Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 07:57   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

HP Laptop and a Blinking Caps Lock Key

I've been experiencing this oddity in my laptop for a while now, where the Caps Lock key will blink every so often for some minutes before going dark as normal. The only info I've googled about blinking caps lock keys on HP laptops are those relating to computers that won't boot - except that in my case, I'm typing this message from this particular HP laptop, which currently has a blinking caps lock key.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:07   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Does the capslock function work?

Most likely it is a damaged capslock LED; if it doesn't boot at times or just trips, it could be a faulty board.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 03:26   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well the Caps Lock function works even if the key is blinking. But given that said blinking is most often associated with an actual problem according to HP, I'm rather paranoid given how new this laptop is (only a couple of months).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 06:50   Link #4
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

RMA it. Should be a faulty LED or circuit board.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 06:43   Link #5
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

If it blinks in constant frequency, then it is not a hardware problem.
At least not with the LED itself.
It may indicate some problem, but what that is supposed to be can only be found in some HP manual I'd say.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote