AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-14, 20:42   Link #41
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I love ketchup, but ketchup and rice are two things I would not mix, lol.

So yeah, I winced a bit myself when I saw ketchup squirted directly on rice.
Ketchup is good for many dishes, especially rice

Ketchup fried rice is actually very good, trust me
Old 2011-08-14, 22:10   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

To echo earlier posts:

Best part of the ep was the preview - although it ended up teasing a Takako/Enishi (puke) episode. The "Tohru confesses to Ohana" troll was fun, though. Perhaps a tiny hint that we're getting back into the same galaxy as the actual core plot?

I picked up the yuri vibes too, though I'm never sure if that's not just conditioning based on how common it is in anime these days. Yuri or no, I enjoyed those quiet moments with Nako and Eri as a change of pace from Ohana's exhausting earnestness and Minchi's acidity.

On balance, an OK episode - 7/10, which isn't bad for a show almost entirely devoted to omurice. Junji Nishimura directing (instead of writing, where his efforts with this series have been erratic at best) probably lifted things up a bit. Hiromi cameo (shameless self-promotion, Junji-sensei?) almost lifts it to an 8.
Old 2011-08-14, 23:02   Link #43
deadite

Actually a more accurate translation of Yuina's lie would be "Ahh, youth..."
Old 2011-08-15, 02:38   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Blog commenter suggests marriage next week could actually be Beanman's son... That'd be an interesting troll. It'd also explain why he was mentioned last week seemingly for no reason.
Old 2011-08-15, 03:04   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
The CR subs still gets the same point across though.
Old 2011-08-15, 08:18   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Shy girl x Shy girl yuri. Seems obvious, but I dunno if I've ever seen it before. Indeed, too bad Mizuno is probably just a one-off character.

Hell, her name is Mizuno. And we all know Nako == water. lol, whatever. Just leave me to my delusions.
I didn't catch that. More proof that those two are meant to become a couple!

In all seriousness, I just can't imagine Nako going out with a boy for some reason. That reason most likely being that she's been a giant yuri magnet throughout the whole show who has never shown any interest in boys unlike the other three main girls.
Old 2011-08-15, 10:52   Link #47
calorie

Liked this episode a whole lot more than the previous one. Omelette rice minus unnecessary drama resulted in a slow-paced, but more enjoyable episode. For me at least.

What I've also realized is that my favorite character has in fact become Minchi. This was supposed to be her episode but she still didn't have enough screen time.
Urusai hobiron! (that gave me a chuckle)
Old 2011-08-15, 14:11   Link #48
revive4563

Quote:
I don't think subtitles should be accurate always but actually "It's like I'm watching a teen drama" is overdoing for this part.

One another thing, if you are girl, when you call to girl who is not so close in the school in Japan, you have to add "-san" to her family name.
When you call to boy who is not so close, you have to add "-kun" to his family name.
I think this is a type of lady manner. You can use "-chan" to your friend. (or first name only, nick name, etc)

Only family name : Manly in a sense. There is a distance a bit.

Only first name : Friendly but possibly someone would feel it over-familiar, if they are not real friend.

-chan : Friendly. But basically, this is usable only to age same as you or a younger girl. Maybe s/he likes him/her at least. But if guy use this to guy, he might be gay.

-kun : This is usable only to age same as you or a younger man. e.g. Ohana never says "Tohru-kun".

-san :Honorific. Formal and safe for everyone. But in the class, you can use this only for girl.

In case of Yuina:"Ohana-chan" "Tsurugi-san" "Oshimizu-san"
In case of Minko:"Ohana" "Nako" "Yuina-san" (?)
In case of Nako:"Ohana-chan" "Minchi" "Yuina-san"
In case of Ohana:"Minchi" "Nakochi" "Yuina-san"

Therefore, if you're guy, you don't have to add something when you call to somebody.
So I laughed when girly Yuina said "Oshimizu!" to girly Nako in the subtitles.
I think "-san" "-chan" "-kun" are necessary in the subtitles.

Last edited by revive4563; 2011-08-17 at 06:43. Reason: incidentally...
Old 2011-08-18, 06:42   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay! finally I can find an entertaining episode after ep 14 .....
I can get enough of Minchi's cuteness in this episode....

and looks like something big will happen in next episode.... Enishi's marriage and 'someone' confession maybe??
Old 2011-08-18, 12:03   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I agree with the others that this was a good ep, but I guess I did not like it as much as others did. 7/10 from me, nonetheless.

I must admit that I have not been as put off by the "second half" of the season as others who have posted in here, but curiously the last two eps having the school as the "background setting" somehow struck me as strange ... not bad, mind you, just ... hmm ... I don't know ... unexpected, perhaps?
Old 2011-08-18, 21:30   Link #51
HandofFate

Ketchup Fried Rice is pretty good. I make it all the time.

I think its pretty popular is some more south asian countries.
I remember seeing it in a bunch of places in Thailand for example.
Old 2011-08-19, 14:08   Link #52
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

2 episodes wasted on omelette rice. The writer could have focused more on the school festival and Minko-Tohru interaction during the festival. But I did enjoy watching this episode especially Minko's reaction when she saw Tohru in their cafe.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:43   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finally watched ep20. Man, fucking omelette rice dominated the ep. When glasses girl labeled that piece as "friend" or w/e, just adorable. When Nako was being Nako, just adorable. When Ohana almost killed herself after ODing on omelette rice, just adorable.

Everything went better than expected.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:47   Link #54
Pengu

Was a nice little episode. Ohana and Nako scores points for me. I am just no liking the way Minko is. Ever since she met Tohru her whole life has circulated around him.
Problem is just what if he chooses someone else?
She would just break in one way or another as she is (almost) obsessed with him.
That is very freaky. She cares for nothing or noone else if it comes between her and Tohru and would hate anyone or anything that disturbs that. Crazy...
Old 2014-01-27, 19:03   Link #55
wereshrew

HELP!
man am I dense...so when Yuina says to Nako "oh why don't we trade you for her" when saying they should add Nako to the service team, who is she referring to ? Ohana ? and why does she want to swap her ?
I don't get any of that
edit_also LOL at that "consistently bad audio" post, this show has some of the best music I've listened to in any anime or live action series: so many beautiful, genuinely moving piano / violin pieces and some memorable tracks from nano.ripe (like high leap and saibou kioku) are just a few examples and the VA is also pretty stellar especially satsuki and ohana, but the entire cast just nailed their performance

Last edited by wereshrew; 2014-02-02 at 01:03. Reason: lazy, dismissive comments with no substance annoy me :(
Old 2014-02-07, 06:17   Link #56
ices
Working Hard

Ohana I guess...
Closed Thread