AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-12-06, 11:49   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Kai (2nd Season) - General Discussion

Those who can read Japanese:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20061206

For English-only members:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1024

Ah, the most trusted source of info for upcoming anime, Moonphase!!!
C'mon, let it be Kyo-Ani!! Pretty, please~?

Info will be posted as more information are released. By now you should all know the term: "If MoonPhase doesn't know, no one knows." Hence, don't bother to ask incessant questions (i.e.: what chapters, is it a remake, etc. etc.) Speculations are of course, welcome.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 11:50   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Has there been any indication of what part of the story this will cover? Just the chapter(s?) that were never animated? Or could it be a rehash of some kind? I'm afraid I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to Higurashi.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 12:15   Link #3
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
This is great news. I'd be happy if it were already animated arcs remade or new arcs...
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 12:36   Link #4
Gains
Rain lover

If KyoAni takes it then we can rejoice.

Problem is how many episodes would it take to create a great Higurashi.

Considering the arcs that we know:
For remake, we have got 2 branches. Visual Novel (8 arcs) and PS2 (9 arcs?). 26 episodes=impossible. It would be just the same as DEEN.
Animating just Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, I think 12-14 episodes would not be enough but I don't know whether 24-26 episodes would be too long.
Or KyoAni (I wish) might use the Fumoffu way and did Higurashi Daybreak

My wishes:
Please no weird face contortions.
Please use music from the visual novels.
Please do the whole Meakashi Epilogue with Confession as the BGM.

Now, who would you want as Hanyuu's seiyuu? I'm dying to hear "Auauau~" in the anime.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 12:45   Link #5
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
Now, who would you want as Hanyuu's seiyuu? I'm dying to hear "Auauau~" in the anime.
I'd imagine she already has one in the drama CD, and as far as I know all the seiyuus in that are the same as in the anime.
Old 2006-12-06, 13:00   Link #6
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

My wishes:
Complete remake. 52 episodes for everything.
Please, replace that stupid crappy seiyuu for Keiichi with someone with a more 'fitting' voice.
Less focus on horror and more on characters and story.
No Studio DEEN.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 13:20   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I just wanna see Hanyuu and hear "au au au", that's all. =)

Addendum: Who would you fit Keiichi more than the one we heard? I meant this question for those who have played the games and have a better insight of his personality.
All the other VAs were perfect as their characters imo.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 13:51   Link #8
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Oh gosh! I'm almost finished watching the current series, and now I'm torn as to whether or not I should read about the un-animated chapters on the forums.

It'd be fantastic if they redid the whole series and made it longer and more fleshed out, though. I have loved watching this show, but I'm hesitant to recommend it, because I don't think I would enjoy it as much without the tips and such being posted at these forums.

Oh well. I'm excited about this no matter what. ^^
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 14:18   Link #9
Kisuke06
I see...

Ah, it would be amazing if KyoAni animated it.~

I do hope that we get Minagoroshi-hen, Taraimawashi-hen, Tsukiotoshi-hen and Miotsukushi-hen. But I won't complain if we get just Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen.

A complete remake would be nice too.

Well, let us wait~
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 14:50   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
It's pretty much set that the voice for Hanyu is Hocha. Well at least the advertisement voice for Higurashi Matsuri sounds very much like her.

Moe~. On one hand you have her saying "uguuu~" and now we can hope to hear her lovely voice saying "auauau~."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Please, replace that stupid crappy seiyuu for Keiichi with someone with a more 'fitting' voice.
Well it's too late for that. They've chosen Kira Yamato Hoshi Souichirou ever since the first drama CD. Besides, you kinda get used to his voice - his voice is perfect for a prepubuscent teen undergoing the first stages of adolescence.
Old 2006-12-06, 15:03   Link #11
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

What about Satoshi's seiyuu? I only realised when rewatching Meakashi-hen, but he sounds a bit too much like a girl...
Old 2006-12-06, 15:05   Link #12
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
C'mon, let it be Kyo-Ani!! Pretty, please~?
They did mention the possibility of animating Higurashi, but even if that's the case, considering Kyoani's 2007 schedule, it'll be pretty long wait.

Well, the fact they called it "second series" instead of "second season" is interesting too. Will it really be a remake, I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
What about Satoshi's seiyuu? I only realised when rewatching Meakashi-hen, but he sounds a bit too much like a girl...
Satoshi is voiced by Kobayashi Yuu, after all.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 15:05   Link #13
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Oh God, I just read this in a thread @ 4-chan

I Cannot explain how happy it makes me. I wanted this even more than Nanoha StrikerS ^^
Old 2006-12-06, 15:11   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Because Satoshi's voice was done by Kobayashi Yuu. In all fairness though, Yu-tan's is one of my seiyuus on my "watch-for" list.

But there is one thing I would really want: more scenes with the MILF, Akane-sama!
Old 2006-12-06, 15:36   Link #15
Keriaku
Thought Being

I hope they animate the new arcs from the PS2 games and maybe even the manga only arcs.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 16:58   Link #16
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

I knew it! I just knew it! If Kanon and Negima got remakes, there would be no way in hell that Higurashi wouldn't get at least a continuation. Remake would probably be best, it will be so nice to see the first series with decent character design.

I doubt we will get Kyoto Animation though, that might be a bit too much to ask for. But hey if that does happen what are the bets that Tomakazu Sugita (SHnY's Kyon) will be the new voice for Keiichi?
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 18:14   Link #17
Ialdaboth

OH YES !!

Please, let it be a 13-episodes series with Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen. Miotsukushi-hen would be a nice bonus.
Old 2006-12-06, 18:33   Link #18
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

C'mon people. As much as we'd like, KyoAni can't do everything. Anyway, if they get the same director back, I have no qualms with this going to DEEN again. Higurashi's never been about the animation as it is the atmosphere. But, if it goes to a Madhouse or even a BONES, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Absolutely ideally, this would be a 10-13 episode animation of Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen. I don't see the point in a total remake overhaul, KyoAni Kanon 2006 style. Higurashi only had two major flaws, IMO: animation and incomplete story. Everything else was minor... music (I agree, it wasn't outstanding) to even K1's seiyuu choice (I didn't like him either... nor Satoko.... but everyone else was golden), but none of these are enough to justify a total start-from-the-beginning-again.

The big question, IMO, isn't the "who's involved", but the dates. I think the quicker this happens, the better for all involved.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 18:56   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm a lil' shocked - though it all depends on what the plan for this is. Looking forward to hearing more news~
Old 2006-12-06, 19:12   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I wonder if they'll be animating the manga side-story arcs:

Onisarashi-hen or Yoigoshi-hen

Or the original chapter arcs featured in the PS2 game: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri
Taraimawashi-hen
Tsukiotoshi-hen
Miotsukushi-hen
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote