AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-08, 00:55   Link #1
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

A little help? (possible spoilers)

I'm having a debate with a friend and need an expert's knowledge, as I am far too lazy to figure it all out for myself.

Forgive any spoilers, as I think MOST of this is spoiler-free, but some of it may not be. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Anyway, I was having a discussion with my friend when I mentioned that I had just gotten to the part in the manga with Itachi. He freaked out when I mentioned the name, and I freaked out back- I know that they don't mention Itachi by name in the show, but I need some help, here: He was trying to claim that as far as he knew, Sasuke was the only surviving member of the Uchiha clan, and that there had been no mention of an evil older brother that killed the entire Uchiha clan... hence, the guy Sasuke is sworn to take his revenge on.

However, I was pretty sure that this had already been covered in the anime. I know that they very very briefly cover the fact that Sasuke is sworn to kill someone very early during the Genin exams, and when Sasuke sees Kakashi's Sharingan he momentarily freaks and says something to the extent of "him?" or something like that... but I was sure that they went back another time (possibly during the curse seal portion) and showed Sasuke talking to his older brother after the murders and being angry with himself for being too weak to save his family...

I dunno. I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then, I'm always pretty sure I'm right, even when I'm wrong. Anyone able to back up my claims or totally destroy them? Thanks.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 01:12   Link #2
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I guess your right cause this is not an anime spoiler.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:43   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Since I was bored and my Naruto cds were near my comp, I rewatched ep 33, where Sasuke had his dream right before he wakes up. Sasuke doesn't see Itachi in flashback, but instead he sees himself as a young child. As far as I know Itachi has only been seen in short cuts that just show his eyes or referenced without actually saying his name so far. Since they have shown him with the sharingan, it's been established in the anime that there's another Uchiha out there who killed the rest of the clan, but I can't remember if they said it was Sasukes brother. I'd say you're both half right then.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:45   Link #4
Silver_shadow
Ramen all the way!!

yes itachi is sasukes older brother they say it in the anime when sasuke says his purpose in life is to kill a certain man. then they go on to speculate how the certain man is his brother itachi. and i think at some point in the anime though im not sure if they said this yet

Spoiler:
Silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 01:50   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_shadow
yes itachi is sasukes older brother they say it in the anime when sasuke says his purpose in life is to kill a certain man. then they go on to speculate how the certain man is his brother itachi. and i think at some point in the anime though im not sure if they said this yet

Spoiler:

you answered the worng question

1st episode: to kill a certain someone. they indirecly mention him at least.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 01:53   Link #6
Silver_shadow
Ramen all the way!!

bah iunno what the question is but i think i gave him enough info as that sasuke isnt the only uchiha alive. itachi IS his older brother and thats all that really matters
Silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 02:00   Link #7
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_shadow
bah iunno what the question is but i think i gave him enough info as that sasuke isnt the only uchiha alive. itachi IS his older brother and thats all that really matters
everyone knows that. what matters here is answering his question.

Quote:
He was trying to claim that as far as he knew, Sasuke was the only surviving member of the Uchiha clan, and that there had been no mention of an evil older brother that killed the entire Uchiha clan... hence, the guy Sasuke is sworn to take his revenge on.
if he knew that he was evil.. and that he killed the entire clan... and you didnt tell him that, then he is bitching ove nothing.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 06:15   Link #8
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
In episode 30, isn't there a flashback where itachi says "Foolish brother" in relation to hating him and detesting him, they then even show itachi's face, WITH the triple dotted sharingan. Isn't this enough evidence to show that sasuke isn't the only survivor of the Uchiha clan?

It all also happens at the beginning of the episode where, believe it or not, sakura insults sasuke
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 07:23   Link #9
Lost World
Banned

Geez people.

In episode 16, when Sasuke "dies" he tells Naruto that he didn't want to die until he KILLED HIS BROTHER. Then he tells Naruto not to die. Then he dies in Naruto's arms.

So, they never mention Itachi's name, but it's VERY CLEARLY been established that the man Sasuke wants to kill is his big bro...to those of us who pay attention anyway.

Also, durign episode 30, Sasuke hears Itachi's last words to him about getting stronger and coming after him. He clearly says "little brother"
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 07:58   Link #10
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Geez all of you Oro said it you have more potential than your brother bla bla.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 09:40   Link #11
GreyArea
Meatf***er

In the forest of death, Orochimaru and Sasuke both talk of Itachi, and Orochimaru mentions his name also.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 10:45   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Like people said in various post, first we knew that Sasuke want to kill a certain man to avenge his clan, then we learn that this guy is his brother, then we have a short image of his brother saying to Sasuke 'little brother' and at last Oro pronounces his name : Itachi.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote