AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-25, 02:59   Link #1041
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Even then she was controlled every step of the way by an old lady who did all the thinking and fighting for her.
And yet without her Chiyo would have been dead much sooner

It was 50 x 50 % fight, both did the best.
Old 2010-08-25, 03:46   Link #1042
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
And yet without her Chiyo would have been dead much sooner

It was 50 x 50 % fight, both did the best.
It was a total waste of potential for Sakura. She spent the entire fight being yanked around by Chiyo, her punches ultimately did nothing, and then she got herself poisoned. Hell, Sakura didn't even strike the killing blow.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 03:51   Link #1043
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It was a total waste of potential for Sakura. She spent the entire fight being yanked around by Chiyo, her punches ultimately did nothing, and then she got herself poisoned. Hell, Sakura didn't even strike the killing blow.
It was the perfect combination, Chiyo controls here movements while Sakura uses here 'strenght' to smash things. She did defeat the fourth kazakage and hiruko doll with just her punches.

The only reason she got poisoned was because she protected Chiyo. Also she was able to find the antidote for the poison, something even Chiyo was unable to do.

I agree she could have done a lot better especially after this battle, but saying she didn't do anything usefull that time is just not truth.
Old 2010-08-25, 04:30   Link #1044
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
It was the perfect combination
Oh yeah, perfect combination of a medic with superstrength and an elderly puppeteer. Both of whom have known each other for about 5 minutes.

Quote:
Chiyo controls here movements while Sakura uses here 'strenght' to smash things.
Okay, seriously, what was the point of controlling her like a puppet? She's not a puppet, she's a human being perfectly capable of moving on her own. And if Chiyo is controlling her movements how exactly does Sakura use her strength?

Quote:
She did defeat the fourth kazakage and hiruko doll with just her punches.
While Chiyo was controlling her.

Quote:
The only reason she got poisoned was because she protected Chiyo. Also she was able to find the antidote for the poison, something even Chiyo was unable to do.
I may have to reread this part, but you're saying that Sakura was able to come up with an antidote for that specific poision for that specific battle? How unrealistically convenient.

Quote:
I agree she could have done a lot better especially after this battle, but saying she didn't do anything usefull that time is just not truth.
All right, here's the thing, I think you might be missing the point or perhaps I haven't made my point clear. This was supposed to be a major battle for Sakura that could've showcased what she had learned during her three-year training with Tsunade and Kishi completely squandered all potential for it. Instead she was controlled by an old lady, did a lot of repetitive punching and produced a conveniently placed antidote.
Old 2010-08-25, 05:08   Link #1045
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh yeah, perfect combination of a medic with superstrength and an elderly puppeteer. Both of whom have known each other for about 5 minutes.
Their skill is what made them a perfect combination, not their personality's (it doesn't have anything to do with how much they new each other).

Quote:
Okay, seriously, what was the point of controlling her like a puppet? She's not a puppet, she's a human being perfectly capable of moving on her own. And if Chiyo is controlling her movements how exactly does Sakura use her strength?
Because Sakura didn't have an experience in fighting a puppeteer. Chiyo helped her move around Sasori's atacks while Sakura could still use her chakra for super strenght if Chiyo let her.

Quote:
While Chiyo was controlling her.
Still she beat them with her strenght, so what if she had help.

Quote:
I may have to reread this part, but you're saying that Sakura was able to come up with an antidote for that specific poision for that specific battle? How unrealistically convenient.
You can also say how unrealistically convenient is for Naruto to learn sage mode right before pain atack. Or how Sasuke used Amaterasu to stop Bee.

Quote:
All right, here's the thing, I think you might be missing the point or perhaps I haven't made my point clear. This was supposed to be a major battle for Sakura that could've showcased what she had learned during her three-year training with Tsunade and Kishi completely squandered all potential for it. Instead she was controlled by an old lady, did a lot of repetitive punching and produced a conveniently placed antidote.
Super strenght
Healing
Poisons

Considering that all Naruto learned was Odama rasengan and he is the main character. Than by all means Sakura did better than others.
Old 2010-08-25, 05:26   Link #1046
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Whilst Sakura didn't get off to a good start, she got better and after Chapter 269 Page 17 she started to put up a fight with Sasori without Chiyo's puppeteer strings and demostrated her great healing skills.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 05:44   Link #1047
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Their skill is what made them a perfect combination, not their personality's (it doesn't have anything to do with how much they new each other).
I never mentioned their personalities. Also, yes, how well you know a person does affect how well you work with them.

Quote:
Because Sakura didn't have an experience in fighting a puppeteer. Chiyo helped her move around Sasori's atacks while Sakura could still use her chakra for super strenght if Chiyo let her.
So what if she hadn't gone up against a puppeteer? Does someone have to be their to hold their hand every time they go up against an unfamiliar opponent? Also, you're pretty much reinforcing my point that Chiyo was doing everything for Sakura and she could only use her chakra if she "let" her.

Quote:
Still she beat them with her strenght, so what if she had help.
Hey, I just beat a video game! So what if someone had to play a good chunk of it for me?

Quote:
You can also say how unrealistically convenient is for Naruto to learn sage mode right before pain atack. Or how Sasuke used Amaterasu to stop Bee.
I can and I do. 95% of Naruto Part II has been complete ass and the Sakura/Chiyo/Sasori fight is no exception (and as for Naruto learning sage mode, at least there been a whole training arc building up to it before hand).

Quote:
Super strenght
Healing
Poisons

Considering that all Naruto learned was Odama rasengan and he is the main character. Than by all means Sakura did better than others.
Sadly, you probably have a point.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:45   Link #1048
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Let me repeat: For the second half the fight Sakura was fighting Sasori without Chiyo's puppet strings or absolute guidance.

And Sakura did not just simply have an antidote at hand. She made one beforehand based on the poison that Sasori inflicted on Kankuro. That's not unrealistically convenient
Old 2010-08-25, 22:20   Link #1049
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Let me repeat: For the second half the fight Sakura was fighting Sasori without Chiyo's puppet strings or absolute guidance.

And Sakura did not just simply have an antidote at hand. She made one beforehand based on the poison that Sasori inflicted on Kankuro. That's not unrealistically convenient
Okay, getting back to the root of the argument, Ulquiorra that the Sasori fight was pretty much the one moment she got in the spotlight and wasn't "pairing fodder." Well, that's fair enough. That fight had nothing to do with her relationship with Naruto and/or Sasuke.

I still hold that it was a poorly executed battle, but if you guys liked it then that's just dandy.
Old 2010-08-26, 10:35   Link #1050
xlilyx
Hello Friend ^-^ x

(I am only on the first couple of episodes on Naruto Shippuden so I don't know much about the romance in it but this is what I think about the couples) I love NarutoxHinata and I really hope that happens and I think they have a good chance of happening. But the same goes with NarutoxSakura as they also have a good change of happening. ShikamaruxTemari I can see happen but I prefer ShikamaruxIno but I guess it can go either way as I believe both Temari and Ino like Shikamaru but I like both of the couples. Same goes with NejixTenten or LeexTenten as both of them could happen but I don't really know which one has more of a chance but again I like both (I believe that in the manga Tenten likes Lee and in the anime Tenten like Neji). AsumaxKurenai I think is a great couple and I have always though they might have a chance. I don't think Sasuke and Gaara should end up with anyone.
Thanks for reading.
Old 2010-08-26, 11:17   Link #1051
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
It was the perfect combination, Chiyo controls here movements while Sakura uses here 'strenght' to smash things. She did defeat the fourth kazakage and hiruko doll with just her punches.

Exactly. It was a mutual effort between Sakura and Chiyo where without each other, the battle wouldn't have been a triumph. Sakura demonstrated tactful, analytical, and insightful strategical skills during that fight, particular skills that no other female rookie possesses to her extent. There is simply no debating these factors.

But anyway, I've stated it a long time ago, and I'll state it again - I wholeheartedly believe that NaruSaku is still what's most likely to happen out of all the potential pairings, given all the development and attention Kishi has given them throughout the course of the manga. Honestly, it's pretty obvious by this point that that's the route Kishi has chosen to go, though I do find some of the denial I'm reading to be quite entertaining.

On topic: It's been obvious for a long time that Naruto and Sakura are most likely to become canon out of any pairing in the series given numerous factors. Completely despite Hinata's confession (who I sincerely believe wont serve any other purpose beyond her confession), Naruto has shown to still be in love with Sakura. The mere fact that Naruto's feelings towards Sakura were once again reiterated by Kishi even after Hinata's confession, and Naruto completely disregarding Hinata for over 70 chapters now is a clear indication among many others that NaruHina's chances of happening are extremely unlikely. In addition, Sakura has shown on numerous occasions to harbor strong feelings for Naruto, which can very much be perceivable as romantic. I think it's also pointless to try to rationalize the sensibility and likelihood of SasuSaku, which is also extremely unrealistic at this point given that Sasuke to this day shows no romantic interest in Sakura and has attempted to kill her several times (not to mention Sakura deciding to take Sasuke's life as well). NaruSaku has shown the most mutual and consistent development out of any pairing, and has the necessary foundation to be able to establish a healthy and very likely relationship beyond what they already have.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-26 at 19:43. Reason: merged posts and took off spoiler tags since this is a manga thread...
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 15:46   Link #1052
Fruits Basket Fan

Honestly, at this point....it still seems too soon to claim which will be canon because Kishi decided to troll all pairings by making them still one-sided.....

I would be careful trying to paint which pairing has the most chance since none of them seem to be going anywhere.

And here is to hope that Naruto goes with Karin to make the shippers mad !

*I would laugh really hard if that happens...but I am mostly just joking*
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 18:56   Link #1053
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
Honestly, at this point....it still seems too soon to claim which will be canon because Kishi decided to troll all pairings by making them still one-sided.....

I would be careful trying to paint which pairing has the most chance since none of them seem to be going anywhere.

And here is to hope that Naruto goes with Karin to make the shippers mad !

*I would laugh really hard if that happens...but I am mostly just joking*
Kishi's doesn't care much for couple sadly.

Haha I think that would be awesome if Karin got with Naruto, I want to see her flirt with him and maybe possibly Sakura get jealous.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 21:47   Link #1054
sayde

KarinxNaruto doesn't sound too bad. Honestly, if I can't have NaruHina, I'll gladly embrace that pairing as the runner-up.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 03:30   Link #1055
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
KarinxNaruto doesn't sound too bad. Honestly, if I can't have NaruHina, I'll gladly embrace that pairing as the runner-up.
yup.. me too..
Old 2010-08-27, 09:57   Link #1056
james0246

KaruixNaruto is my preffered runner-up pairing...with HanabixNaruto my preffered pairing .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 11:38   Link #1057
Alchemist007
*Author

I've been disillusioned with my previously preferred pairing, and am willing to settle for KarinxNaruto. She's a nice girl at heart who knows the crap Sasuke became and decided to go the logical route in the end. Also the one time she saw Naruto she was somewhat impressed I think.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:39   Link #1058
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
KaruixNaruto is my preffered runner-up pairing...with HanabixNaruto my preffered pairing .
Hanabi? Karui?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 14:50   Link #1059
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Hanabi? Karui?
Just google them. It's not hard.

[edit]

Yes but now you've learned a valuable lesson, that'll save you more time.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-08-28 at 04:31.
Old 2010-08-27, 16:54   Link #1060
james0246

Hanabi - the adorable little sister of Hinata (that spends her free time beating up Hinata (j/k) ), I bet she'll grow to be the little spitfire that is needed to keep Naruto in line :

and Karui, our resident dark-skinned beauty, and the only woman to call Naruto on his BS (though her mind will be wiped like all others eventually):
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
official pairings