Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-23, 03:03   Link #81
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
??
lol, it feels like it nears the ending. I hope it is.
well Kubo did say two more arcs and thats it...
Old 2010-09-23, 03:09   Link #82
sayde

He definitely mentioned 2 more arcs. But he never said anything about that being it.
Old 2010-09-23, 04:13   Link #83
ArchEnemy

hmm i can't help but feel that this fight (or lack there of) was over way too quick. i mean the show down between ichigo and aizen was being built up for-freaking-ever, and it just ends like this?

i guess there are some new intriguing developments concerning the soul king, but i feel like the aizen vs ichigo fight didn't live up to all the hype.
Old 2010-09-23, 04:17   Link #84
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i'm kinda intrigued as to why aizen referred to the spirit king as "that thing".

i was under the assumption the spirit king would have been a very old soul with a crown, or something. now, it reminds me of "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe" from doctor who - a creature that merely "allowed" humanity to survive, and would occasionally eat any human that managed to figure out its existence. with the help of a dude with white hair.

Spoiler for This thing:

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-23, 06:34   Link #85
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchEnemy View Post
hmm i can't help but feel that this fight (or lack there of) was over way too quick. i mean the show down between ichigo and aizen was being built up for-freaking-ever, and it just ends like this?

i guess there are some new intriguing developments concerning the soul king, but i feel like the aizen vs ichigo fight didn't live up to all the hype.
Well look at the comments this fight was getting I guess. Tite Kubo probably just thought since this is a mini arc I am done. I want to hurry up now and move towards a new story, but yea that was weird. AAAAAH 3 seconds later *sealed*
Old 2010-09-23, 06:57   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wait a minute, did Ichigo just destroy the entire fucking town with that stunt? What about all the people? What the FUCK did he just do?!?!?!
Old 2010-09-23, 07:06   Link #87
JustRob

Did you forget? Ichigo facepalm-dragged Aizen to a deserted area outside of town.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:13   Link #88
Aqua Knight

What is the significance of this page (20 or 21)? I mean why Ichigo's face is shown in here? Or he's just depressed he lost his powers?
And Ichigo's sword also disappeared

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-23 at 09:34. Reason: Don’t post images with watermarks leading to illegal scan sites...
Old 2010-09-23, 07:25   Link #89
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Did you forget? Ichigo facepalm-dragged Aizen to a deserted area outside of town.
Oh right, I forgot about that.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:39   Link #90
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
What is the significance of this page? I mean why Ichigo's face is shown in here? Or he's just depressed he lost his powers?
And Ichigo's sword also disappeared

maybe he doesn't want to look at the sight of aizen being sealed up.
protagonists always have sympathy for the villians.

It's Showtime

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-23 at 09:34.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:59   Link #91
MartianMage

Quote:

Actual fights were never Kubo's forte anyway.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:11   Link #92
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wait a minute, did Ichigo just destroy the entire fucking town with that stunt? What about all the people? What the FUCK did he just do?!?!?!
I laugh at the thought and your confusion
Old 2010-09-23, 08:20   Link #93
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
I hope it's all just an illusion.
ya think? it would be impossibly epic if the whole thing was just one big illusion made by aizen))))
Old 2010-09-23, 08:27   Link #94
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Aizen this chapter: NOOOOO! not my mullet!!
Quote:

I guess the majority of people feel this way. It was definitely very anti-climatic.

I'll give this arc credit for being unconventional. Despite all the clichés in Bleach so far, Kubo threw the basic rules out the window . There was no epic drawn-out stuggle and the hero did not defeat the main villain with a spirit bomb. Instead, Urahara basically did a kill-steal (though a window of opportunity was left open for Aizen to possibly return). Plus, we have Yammi apparently outliving every single bad guy. when most probably pegged him to be among the first to die based on his introduction.

With Aizen seemingly out of the picture for now, the story could go almost any direction if Kubo's planning it to go on for a while. That kind of potential is appealing, but there's now a huge emptiness to fill with Aizen no longer driving the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
i'm kinda intrigued as to why aizen referred to the spirit king as "that thing".

i was under the assumption the spirit king would have been a very old soul with a crown, or something. now, it reminds me of "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe" from doctor who - a creature that merely "allowed" humanity to survive, and would occasionally eat any human that managed to figure out its existence. with the help of a dude with white hair.
I've always believed that the spirit king was something more abstract than some white-haired old dude with a crown. Given all Kubo's recent talk about "transcending dimensions" the king might be someone/something most beings can't even perceive in its true form.

What's interesting to me is that Aizen implied Urahara is serving directly under him.

Old 2010-09-23, 08:32   Link #95
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I guess the majority of people feel this way. It was definitely very anti-climatic.

I'll give this arc credit for being unconventional. Despite all the clichés in Bleach so far, Kubo threw the basic rules out the window . There was no epic drawn-out stuggle and the hero did not defeat the main villain with a spirit bomb. Instead, Urahara basically did a kill-steal (though a window of opportunity was left open for Aizen to possibly return). Plus, we have Yammi apparently outliving every single bad guy. when most probably pegged him to be among the first to die based on his introduction.

With Aizen seemingly out of the picture for now, the story could go almost any direction if Kubo's planning it to go on for a while. That kind of potential is appealing, but there's now a huge emptiness to fill with Aizen no longer driving the plot.

I've always believed that the spirit king was something more abstract than some white-haired old dude with a crown. Given all Kubo's recent talk about "transcending dimensions" the king might be someone/something most beings can't even perceive in its true form.

What's interesting to me is that Aizen implied Urahara is serving directly under him.
oh c'mon...you know how kubo is. he could pull any stunt, as long as its trolling. so wait for it. the fight might not be over just yet

p.s. yes, we so need those left out chars now e.g grimmjow.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:41   Link #96
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxy1069 View Post
oh c'mon...you know how kubo is. he could pull any stunt, as long as its trolling. so wait for it. the fight might not be over just yet

p.s. yes, we so need those left out chars now e.g grimmjow.
That much is true. But I don't think even Kubo would go so far as to have Aizen break out of Urahara's seal the very next chapter. I could see him making a return when Ichigo's powers are returned (however that happens)

Speaking of which, if this really is the end of the battle for now... Does that mean Hacci has to make good on his promise to Soi Fon?

And yes, there needs to be some GJ and Nel in the near future...

Old 2010-09-23, 09:10   Link #97
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
the real question is, why did SS just so happen when teleporting the town to another dimension decide it was a good idea to teleport a deserted area 3 times the size of the town as well.
(not to mention that all 4 pillars that the held the town in the dimension were clearly fought on the fringes of the town... not in some canyon...)
(also don't forget there's also no good reason why aizen didn't just blow up the pillars after beating up everyone so that he didn't have to travel and the town would have come to him, with would have elimiated ichigo's Hyperbolic time chamber)
(also don't forget that some captains/characters completely disappeared after ichigo reappeared)

This is bleach I could keep going with plot holes all year long.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:19   Link #98
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
never thought i'd see regular aizen's face again - maybe urahara should have tossed his old glasses in the seal with him...

... i'll bet you this, though. momo unseals aizen. that's what you get for not being able to kill the prick.
LOL. i can imagine that happen, after which bleach would be gone to the dogs. but we don't even know if she's still alive...stupid hitsugaya
Old 2010-09-23, 09:39   Link #99
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
the real question is, why did SS just so happen when teleporting the town to another dimension decide it was a good idea to teleport a deserted area 3 times the size of the town as well.
(not to mention that all 4 pillars that the held the town in the dimension were clearly fought on the fringes of the town... not in some canyon...)
(also don't forget there's also no good reason why aizen didn't just blow up the pillars after beating up everyone so that he didn't have to travel and the town would have come to him, with would have elimiated ichigo's Hyperbolic time chamber)
(also don't forget that some captains/characters completely disappeared after ichigo reappeared)

This is bleach I could keep going with plot holes all year long.
It's not that a deserted area was transported along with Karakura Town, it's just that Karakura Town itself was transported to outside Rukongai, which is deserted.

Try to think things through...
Old 2010-09-23, 10:13   Link #100
Lunarskylar

so deicide apparently ends at 23 chapters
TWENTY FUCKING THREE
oh kubo you troll

wait, 23.. meaning 23 weeks... plus maybe 3 weeks with no chapters in btwn
it's been deicide for half a year -___-