Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 04:21   Link #1041
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
If there is a RPG game for this anime, I'd imagine the battle system to be either like Valkyrie Profile or Ar Tonelico 2 where Ayumu and Sera are the frontline fighters while Haruna and Yuu are good for defense as both of them can cast barrier and should just stay at the back.
You know, even Ayumu can be in the back while he is charging magic and getting much cuter as he powers up. I would love it if this show gets a game like Ar Tonelico, cosmosphere would bring a new meaning of fun with these girls

* runs off to watch the newest episode *
Old 2011-02-15, 04:49   Link #1042
SidVicious
Anime addict

Sakura-chan as Yuu’s voice = win.
Old 2011-02-15, 05:51   Link #1043
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Actually, depending on the extent, having blaring sound on your headphones may be good too, and much more practical. Still, I wonder just how powerful Yuu is. For instance, can she use it on humans only, or can she use it for plants and animals, or even inanimate object? Like maybe telling the ground to open up and swallow Kyouko, or controlling the nearby plants to attack her...still, even the former is already crazy powerful.
She can use it on plants, and in fact she did it in this episode (albeit unwittingly in this particular case). When she uttered the word "die", the tree behind Kyoko died. I think the land became barren as well but it's hard to tell since there wasn't much grass on the ground to begin with. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Yuu's power can affect all living things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for space and personal opinions:
Oh, I am well aware the girls are the main attraction. However, it's not like Korezom has bad girls. In fact, they're far better (well, that's just a matter of taste I suppose) and certainly more exotic than the girls in IS. We've got:
  • An insanely moe necromancer who wears armor (<- this is important) and has a tragic past.
  • A ponytailed vampire ninja with an incredibly glamorous body who loves to trash-talk (I love it).
  • A tsundere flat-chested magical girl who wears shirts as oversized as her own ego. Oh, and she walks around half-naked most of the time.
  • An evil twin-tailed girl with (sentient) huge boobs. Also, she's a zombie, a vampire, and a magical girl.

What's there not to like? They're just as cute and appealing as the girls in IS (Charlotte excepted). Furthermore, I enjoy the fanservice in Korezom a lot more than IS'. The twister game was wonderful... and the blood sucking... yummy!

As I was typing this, I was thinking about the fact Hikasa Yoko plays two big-breasted tsunderes with ponytails this season, and about how much more I like Sera (Who does mangatron like the best by the way? I'm guessing Sera since she's in his sig. Don't say you like them both equally, that's cheating!) when it occured to me: one of the reason IS is so popular might be its voice cast. It's top-notch, no doubt about that. In fact, it's the very reason I started watching it. On the other hand, Korezom's voice cast isn't as prestigious. Hell, one of the girls doesn't even talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
When you have a cliche for each viewer, what you end up with is a popular product. Not necessarily a good one, but a popular one. That's it, basically. KoreZom is usually a mockery of those very cliches that have such wide appeal.

It definitely isn't the service because what IS has in quantity KoreZom kills in quality, both mature and moe, the only real contender in the latter category being HanaKana's cute French reverse trap, whose novelty will definitely wear off soon (sadly).
I couldn't agree more with this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because... The girls are cute in IS. That's pretty much it. You see, the sad thing is that a "good" or "interesting" anime doesn't necessarily become popular. An anime could be empty and just "Hey look, cute girls" or "Hey, fanservice" and be more popular...
As for this anime... To be honest, it is average at best. There are lots of average anime this season (Because, it is Winter, month-meaning and weather-meaning), and this doesn't stand out at all.
It's obviously no masterpiece, but it's above average, at least among the anime I'm watching this season. And way above average when compared to anime of the same genre. It's got a little je-ne-sais-quoi that makes it stand out from the crowd for me.
Old 2011-02-15, 06:05   Link #1044
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's obviously no masterpiece, but it's above average, at least among the anime I'm watching this season. And way above average when compared to anime of the same genre. It's got a little je-ne-sais-quoi that makes it stand out from the crowd for me.
Probably at the hands of another studio it would have fared better. Animation is OK; art somewhat inconsistent; the BGM is good but at times inappropriately placed; the biggest problem is the series composition, especially the transitions from a scene to the next is at times atrocious (4th episode comes to mind, 6th to a lesser extent). What shines here is the original material, specifically the interraction between very flawed characters. Oh! and extra points for GAR protanist

These points aside, it is unfair to compare it with IS, since the later is just another mindless fan-service show.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:11   Link #1045
larethian

this comparison vs zombie and IS. well since Hikasa Youko is in both of them, it doesn't really matter.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:19   Link #1046
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
this comparison vs zombie and IS. well since Hikasa Youko is in both of them, it doesn't really matter.
surprisingly she also in other fanservice anime in this season

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:30   Link #1047
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

volume 1 is finally complete. Is that Tomonari's VA from the preview? Can't wait.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:55   Link #1048
Tenshi_
Dewgong >w<

Wtf was the ending?? the pig squealing?? and bunch gay machos wearing hundoshi?? lol this show is very intriguing and it gets better each episode XD

But dayum, Yuu's power is over-powered and so much win; except she needs to pay a great amount of price for it though...
Like someone said before, if Kyouko had one life only she would of got owned.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:16   Link #1049
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I tend to think Yuu would have stopped once Kyoko is down to her last life anyway. She absolutely does not want to kill unless she really must have to. This King of Night must have been so evil that Yuu had to purge him for humanity's sake.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 07:38   Link #1050
tsunade666

Wow awesome and bloody episode. I didn't expect it to be that way. Yuu was overpowered in her magic power but lacks fighting capabilities.

Ayumu really painted the sky with red blood on this episode.

Really fantastic.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:58   Link #1051
hoarfrost

Got my hopes up there towards the end that we were going to see more cute Kyoko, then she gets snatched away. Well, doesn't that just suck.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 08:17   Link #1052
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
There have been flaws in this series' execution so far, but I thought this episode was devoid of them. My one complaint was that Ayumu's transformation sequence kind of ruined the heavy mood. They should have cut it.
My small problem with the episode was that it was all over the place. It went between drama, comedy, horror, horror so over the top that it becomes funny, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler:
Yuu shaking her head repeatedly = *dies of moe*

I'm a bit disappointed that Dai-sensei didn't join the harem...
Old 2011-02-15, 08:19   Link #1053
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Probably at the hands of another studio it would have fared better. Animation is OK; art somewhat inconsistent; the BGM is good but at times inappropriately placed; the biggest problem is the series composition, especially the transitions from a scene to the next is at times atrocious (4th episode comes to mind, 6th to a lesser extent). What shines here is the original material, specifically the interraction between very flawed characters. Oh! and extra points for GAR protanist

These points aside, it is unfair to compare it with IS, since the later is just another mindless fan-service show.
Animation and art aren't perfect, but they'really good for a DEEN show. The fight against the giant whale was pretty nice, for example. I expected production values to be a lot worse to be honest. I agree there are problems with series composition, but I've never had any complaints about music placement. The BGMs fit the mood of the scenes more often than not.

You might be right about the fact it's the original material that's shining. If that's the case then the problem becomes "why are the IS light novels so much more popular than Kore ha zombie desu ka LNs?" (erm, actually, I have no clue which is more popular in light novel form )

IS ended up being a mindless harem show, yes, but is that really what it aimed to be? I remember they promoted the action a lot. I don't think it's that unfair to compare the two. In fact, between the two, I thought Korezom was going to be the one focused on mindless fanservice. Oh, how mistaken my expectations were!
Old 2011-02-15, 08:23   Link #1054
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Spoiler for space:
never said zombie has bad girls... infact, I rated it as my 2nd best anime of winter season. and I fully agree with everything you said.
it's just, I'm a sucker for mecha-girls-fanservice. That's the only reason I placed IS as my 1st fav. this season.
and yeah, great fanservice in zombie too. Just, it seems a bit out of place when the anime tries to get serious... boobs and blood usually don't go together. But, I enjoyed it anyway.

Quote:
As I was typing this, I was thinking about the fact Hikasa Yoko plays two big-breasted tsunderes with ponytails this season, and about how much more I like Sera when it occured to me: one of the reason IS is so popular might be its voice cast. It's top-notch, no doubt about that. In fact, it's the very reason I started watching it. On the other hand, Korezom's voice cast isn't as prestigious. Hell, one of the girls doesn't even talk!
well, IS-like shows often have top-notch voice-casts, don't they?
I mean, it's one of their saving points, so it's a given...

but, in the end, it all comes down to what serenade said:
Quote:
An anime could be empty and just "Hey look, cute girls" or "Hey, fanservice" and be more popular...
Old 2011-02-15, 08:46   Link #1055
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

that was very brutal episode...
Ayumu turned the night sky into red (the BGM makes the whole of it)

that Kyoko is almost naked..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 09:00   Link #1056
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
never said zombie has bad girls... infact, I rated it as my 2nd best anime of winter season. and I fully agree with everything you said.
it's just, I'm a sucker for mecha-girls-fanservice. That's the only reason I placed IS as my 1st fav. this season.
Ah, yes, mecha girls! I'm not into that at all so I didn't think about it. That's as good a reason as another.

Quote:
but, in the end, it all comes down to what serenade said:

Quote:
An anime could be empty and just "Hey look, cute girls" or "Hey, fanservice" and be more popular...
And I'm arguing that this anime has equally cute girls and better fanservice
It's even got a main character that doesn't make me want to punch him in the face everytime he opens his mouth.
Old 2011-02-15, 09:28   Link #1057
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Ah, yes, mecha girls! I'm not into that at all so I didn't think about it. That's as good a reason as another.
to each his own, I guess.

Quote:
It's even got a main character that doesn't make me want to punch him in the face everytime he opens his mouth.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-15, 11:01   Link #1058
Kyouka
Is Here

do you think we might get another opening?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 11:07   Link #1059
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
do you think we might get another opening?
no, it's single season.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 11:30   Link #1060
tsunade666

But there are single season with change in opening but so far I haven't heard anything about change in opening song.

ichika is so dumb. The dumbest probably male lead I ever see that I don't care anymore what happens to him and his bl love. Good thing charle is saving the show.

Now this episode warrants me of a blu-ray copy. Almost naked kyoko demands it and also Yuu. I wonder what will happen in dvd/blu-ray if the censoring will be removed.

Dai-sensei.... what to say. She looks scary when she said if Ayumu killed kyoko she will kill ayumu and it looks like she's not bluffing either. And unlike Yuu. Dai-sensei looks like a fighter. Just to be expected of the teacher of the masou-shoujo.

Ayumu really likes Yuu. It further proves it to me. When he ask if the king of night Yuu's lover. I like main lead that at least had a backbone and know what's his feelings are for and not super dumb dense and into guys.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen