AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-17, 03:41   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

Romance anime

Hello good citizens of AS. It's summer again and around this time I like to watch a good romance anime.

So I'm looking for a romance anime that is relatively recent. Preferably within the last two years. But if you have an older suggestion that's fine too, just specify that it is older. And for the sake of staying on subject in this thread, don't give me an old suggestion by itself. Present it to me with a newer one if you have one.

Also, I love drama in a romance, but please nothing depressing.

Now I can't remember everything I've seen before ( cause I haven't watched romance anime in a while) but if this helps I enjoyed:

Da Capo (loved it)
Toradora (loved it)
Itazura na Kiss (OK)
True Tears (Pretty good)
Ichigo 100% (loved it)

I did not enjoy:

Myself, Yourself (Too depressing)
Maburaho (Way too depressing)

You don't have to respond based on the examples of the shows I've watched, just trying to give you somewhere to start.

You're help would be greatly appreciated.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2011-05-17, 04:07   Link #2
Zakoo

Seems like you don't mind the incest ending huh huh. What about trying Da Capo Second season ? Personnally I love da Capo If with the kotone ending ( i believe it was her name huh? )

Well then, let me check my MAL list ... hmm spice and wolf firstly. Asura cryin' is good also but with no particular ending and some mecha.

Oh yeah, before I give everything, do you have some favorite type of girl ? You know, tsundere, yandere, loli, everything ... Well, most of the anime I give are with tsundere ( and often loli )

Angel beats, Clannad ( pretty sad ) , Sola ( depressing, but that's so damn beautiful that I can't help but to say it! ), Busou Renkin ( add some action though ), chrono crusade ( careful for the ending same as Sola ), Chobits ( Clamp like it's a good shoujo ), ef a tales of memories/melodies, H20 Footsprints in the sand, Karin ( with vampires but quite good tehehe ), Haruka no himitsu, shakugan no shana (action and not finished ), Special A and kaichou wa maid-sama.

Bold anime are my favorites, the oldest anime must have 4 years, but they are all really good if you love romance anime you have to watch those! Well, enjoy.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2011-05-17 at 04:24.
Old 2011-05-17, 10:48   Link #3
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Since you dont mind Drama, go for Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, don't know about it being depressing or not though, as for me it is one of the best romance animes made thus far. KGNE, if i am not wrong, aired around 6 years ago.

Check out also Peach Girl and Lovely Complex. Perhaps one of them may be your cup of tea. And I'll recommend Ai Yori Aoshi for some good romance ( forgotten if it does contain drama or not ). And by the way, all those listed are aired some time ago.

Have a good time!
Old 2011-05-17, 15:06   Link #4
Ragna92

Canvas 2
Shuffle
KimiKiss pure Rogue
Old 2011-05-17, 15:11   Link #5
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm going to second Clannad and also recommend Clannad: After Story, its sequel.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-05-17, 15:13   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Folks have already mentioned Ai Yori Aoshi, KimiKiss pure Rouge, and Clannad and it's sequel "After Story"(very dramatic at times).

Off the top of my head I would add Kimi ni Todoke seasons 1 and 2 (surprised this one has not been mentioned) and
Amagami SS.
Old 2011-05-17, 16:06   Link #7
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Hmmm.....
Clannad
Strawberry Panic
To Heart
Canvas2
Old 2011-05-17, 18:26   Link #8
cheese4u
da big boss

Thank you all for your suggestions, but please no more Clannad. Not only has it been mentioned like twelve times already, but I've already seen it and didn't really like it. It's one of those over the top depressing ones that I eluded to in my original post.

Here's a few more that I enjoyed, just in case you need it:

Special A (great balance between comedy and drama)
Ouran High School Host Club (very lighthearted)
Tonagura (funny and sort of unique)

These are all of a more lighthearted variety. I love drama, but if you have something more comedy oriented that is welcomed too.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2011-05-17, 20:05   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think you would like:

Kimi Ni Todoke
- the cotton candy of anime romance

You might also try Cross Game The first episode will probably make you cry, and there will be sad moments through out the season, but overall I would not call it a sad melodrama (like Clannad), much more of a focus on the healing aspect.

An older one you should look at would be Maison Ikkoku, the great grand-daddy of most anime romantic comedy. Still #1 in my book.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-05-17, 21:54   Link #10
Elegance

My Bride is a Mermaid- Mainly comedy, romance, drama
To be honest the ending is cheezy, all im gonna say but it will not make u depressed.

Eureka 7-Mecha, romance, drama

I second Ouran.
Old 2011-05-18, 02:59   Link #11
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'll second Amagami SS .

And also suggest Hatsukoi Limited and Otome Youkai Zakuro.
MAL
Closed Thread