AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 18:00   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Psycho-Pass - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Psycho-Pass anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Psyho-Pass which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2012-11-02, 05:41   Link #2
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Some there's a couple of sentences in the ED when it shows Kagari and Kunizuka.
Anyone able to read the missing words?
Quote:
entire planet from the most isolated islands to the Antarctic continent linked by a complex quantum network and a cloud-array of small autonomous environment-based gene

[...?] providing an unending supply of power, humanity for the first time in its history [...?] [...?] in a literal paradise
Images
ED shots of from quote (warning 2 imgs: ~700kb each)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-02, 14:22   Link #3
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
Some there's a couple of sentences in the ED when it shows Kagari and Kunizuka.
Anyone able to read the missing words?

Images
ED shots of from quote (warning 2 imgs: ~700kb each)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is the best I can do, the last few parts are overlaid on their suits.

Quote:
entire planet from the most isolated islands to the Antarctic continent linked by a complex quantum network and a cloud-array of small autonomous environment-based gene[rators] providing an unending supply of power, humanity for the first time in its history [...?] [...?] in a literal paradise
This is very interesting.
Old 2012-11-02, 15:31   Link #4
Dark Wing

Could this be a description of the city, country, or world in which psycho-pass takes place in?
Old 2012-11-02, 17:36   Link #5
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Ah, yes it should be one sentence (damn that line break for tricking me! ), thanks Terizent.
Anyway, I think I got the last two words (with the help of Google) courtesy of this person: http://shirtlessly.tumblr.com/tagged/psycho-pass

Quote:
entire planet from the most isolated islands to the Antarctic continent linked by a complex quantum network and a cloud-array of small autonomous environment-based generators providing an unending supply of power, humanity for the first time in its history set foot in a literal paradise
Let the speculations begin (in the other thread, of course).
Old 2012-11-10, 10:53   Link #6
Terizent
Nonsense!

Question: Are we allowed to post information from magazine scans? Because I don't think that love profiles/blood types would really count as a spoiler, and would never really come up in the actual anime.
Old 2012-11-10, 15:32   Link #7
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
Question: Are we allowed to post information from magazine scans? Because I don't think that love profiles/blood types would really count as a spoiler, and would never really come up in the actual anime.
I don't think it would count as spoilers because that information has nothing to do with the plot of future episodes.

Edit: looks like someone figured out where that quote in the ending credits came from.

http://keikakudoori.wordpress.com/20...ka-no-monshou/

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-11-20 at 11:56.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:02   Link #8
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

This series is good atm?

Any similarity to other series out there?

The heroine has a personality or quiet type?
Old 2013-03-02, 14:11   Link #9
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just saw episode 1...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-03, 04:14   Link #10
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Yes, this show is dark.
Spoiler for Episode 1 response:
Old 2013-04-16, 13:16   Link #11
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What's the demographics of this series? Is it mostly female?
Old 2013-04-18, 06:02   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What's the demographics of this series? Is it mostly female?
I think it's primarily targeted for the older, young adult men, but the female audience also enjoys the show thanks to its superb character designs by Akira Amano (and I'm one of them ). The manga adaptation on the other hand, was published in Jump Square, a shounen manga magazine targeted to late male teens.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-04-18, 10:34   Link #13
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I think it's primarily targeted for the older, young adult men, but the female audience also enjoys the show thanks to its superb character designs by Akira Amano (and I'm one of them ). The manga adaptation on the other hand, was published in Jump Square, a shounen manga magazine targeted to late male teens.
XD I was thinking it was female dominated.... Thanks to the number of guys they can put in BL situations...
Old 2013-04-26, 13:36   Link #14
Randamu
Danna

Can someone list Shogo's Freud quotes?
"Get ready. Put the entirety of your spirit on the line and crush them here! Even if your flesh is torn asunder, be as a steel wall down to your last shard of bone! You must not let them take even a single step into Soul Society."

NEVER FORGET Yamamoto Genryusai Shigekuni
Old 2014-10-22, 00:46   Link #15
MiLOzz

Is Sybil system exclusive to Japan only? Does it exist all over the country or just selected cities or maybe only the city where story takes place? Is it still an experimental system or it's been in use for decades?

I'd like to understand this because there was a very cringe-worthy moment for me, in Ep. 14 of Season 1 a woman was beat to death with a hammer by a guy in front of a crowd. Everyone was sort of dumbfounded or in a trance like state, unable to comprehend what is happening before their eyes.

So have people of Japan been living under Sybil system for so long that they forgot what violence and murder look like? If so, how can the country maintain military power? Wouldn't all troops be considered blood thirsty monsters by Sybil, who need to be exterminated? What if another country or any outside force tries to invade Japan? Are they going to use Dominators on invaders?
Old 2014-10-22, 09:31   Link #16
GDB

It's all of Japan, and exclusive to Japan. As to how long it's been in effect, the story takes place in the year 2112, when Akane was 20 years old. Ginoza is about 8 years older than Akane, and we know Sibyl went into effect while he was a child. I found something that said, specifically, that he was 9 when Masaoka went into the rehab center. The conversations they had didn't seem to imply he immediately went there after Sibyl's introduction, and information online looks like it took about 2 years before he went into rehab after Sibyl came onto the scene.

So, Sibyl's been around for 21 years by the start of the first season of Psycho Pass.
Old 2014-10-24, 11:02   Link #17
maximilianjenus
[E]

how many episodes for season 02 ?
Old 2014-10-24, 12:50   Link #18
MiLOzz

Season 2 is scheduled for 11 episodes.

Btw GDB thsnks for the info above.
Old 2014-10-25, 15:36   Link #19
Zaku1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLOzz View Post
What if another country or any outside force tries to invade Japan? Are they going to use Dominators on invaders?
I believe they use droid for national defence
Old 2014-10-30, 19:12   Link #20
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Is the movie before or after season II?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a