AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 08:55   Link #101
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
so...i guess maybe not.

Why'd it shut down in the first place?
Low viewership.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 15:46   Link #102
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
With the relaunch of Toonami next Saturday, i wonder if they'll start airing Fairy Tail.
Toonami has been revived for realz? Link/Source please?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 16:18   Link #103
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Toonami has been revived for realz? Link/Source please?
https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/sta...66436597743616

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 17:21   Link #104
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Wink

Thanks Krono .
Old 2012-05-21, 00:02   Link #105
immblueversion

So. I looked at one of the Funimation forums. Someone said that they looked at a mobile app showing the Funimation schedule and noticed a DVD/Blu-Ray banner containing picture of Carla, who doesn't appear until season two. They went to ACEN 2012 and asked whether we'd be seeing season two anytime soon. The answer?

"Yes."

Old 2012-05-21, 12:12   Link #106
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So. I looked at one of the Funimation forums. Someone said that they looked at a mobile app showing the Funimation schedule and noticed a DVD/Blu-Ray banner containing picture of Carla, who doesn't appear until season two. They went to ACEN 2012 and asked whether we'd be seeing season two anytime soon. The answer?

"Yes."
I consider that confirmation =D

It's hard to get a second season for any dub these days since fans have to buy the DVD. This makes the DVD i bought worth it all.

One day when I'm wealthy i may buy all the DVDs or Blu-rays.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 08:56   Link #107
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I'll be honest: I haven't bought any of the DVDs yet, but it's not because I don't want to, it's just that I'm waiting for Funimation to re-release the first season in more compact sets. I doubt that it'll be in one release since 48 episodes is likely too much, but I'm waiting for some 24 episode sets. If it isn't released before the first season two DVD/Blu-Ray release, I'll settle for the part 1-4 sets despite my dislike for them.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:19   Link #108
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'll be honest: I haven't bought any of the DVDs yet, but it's not because I don't want to, it's just that I'm waiting for Funimation to re-release the first season in more compact sets. I doubt that it'll be in one release since 48 episodes is likely too much, but I'm waiting for some 24 episode sets. If it isn't released before the first season two DVD/Blu-Ray release, I'll settle for the part 1-4 sets despite my dislike for them.
Same here, I'm waiting for those 24 episode sets.
Old 2012-05-23, 13:32   Link #109
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Here we go again, FUNimation will be at three conventions this weekend: FanimeCon, Animazement, and Anime North.

Let's hope for an official announcement.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 15:28   Link #110
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Here we go again, FUNimation will be at three conventions this weekend: FanimeCon, Animazement, and Anime North.

Let's hope for an official announcement.
Hiya, I guess there were no official announcements?
Old 2012-06-30, 17:21   Link #111
immblueversion

It has come to my attention that Vic Mignogna still seems to do voices for Funimation, albeit periodically. Also, I heard he's picky about voicing characters. But in the event that he's interested to be in the dub of this show (and in the event that they continue the dub), I would very much like it if he were to voice Ichiya, Hibiki, Cobra, Hughes, and/or Zancrow.

Old 2012-06-30, 17:23   Link #112
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wish Vic would just leave Viz to stay in Funimation permanently, same with Patrick, Laura, Travis, and the others. Hmm, I can see him voicing all of them except for Ichiya. Let Kyle Hebert voice him just so we can match Japan in making Aizen voice Ichiya.
Old 2012-06-30, 17:29   Link #113
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, I can see him voicing all of them except for Ichiya.
Not if he used something like his voice as Tetsuju from "Oh! Edo Rocket".

Old 2012-07-28, 16:34   Link #114
Krono

Well Funimation's picked up more episodes of Fairy Tail, and the Fairy Tail movie:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ail-film-akira

Quote:
Funimation has the home entertainment rights to the Fairy Tail film, Fairy Tail: Hōō no Miko. The film revolves around a mysterious girl named Éclair who appears before Fairy Tail, the world's most notorious wizard's guild. She lost all of her memories, except for the imperative that she must deliver two Hōōseki (Phoenix Stones) somewhere. The stones may spell the collapse of the magical world, and Natsu, Lucy, and the rest of the Fairy Tail guild are caught up in the intrigue. Hiro Mashima, the creator of the original Fairy Tail manga, is in charge of story planning and visual design for the film's all-new plot, and he is also drafting the guest character designs and image concept art. The film opens in Japan on August 18.
Quote:
The company has also acquired home entertainment rights to an additional 24 episodes of Fairy Tail,
Old 2012-07-28, 17:13   Link #115
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Only 24 more episodes? Why not 48 more?
Old 2012-07-28, 17:41   Link #116
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Only 24 more episodes? Why not 48 more?
Don't know. Though assuming the news report is accurate, I suspect it has to do with the cost of all the other things they're picking up at the same time.
Old 2012-07-28, 21:18   Link #117
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

About time they get more episodes to bad its only 24 but at less they got the movie to make up for it
Old 2012-07-28, 22:44   Link #118
immblueversion

Imagine how well these next episodes (and movie) will have to sell.

Old 2012-07-28, 23:08   Link #119
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Imagine how well these next episodes (and movie) will have to sell.
Well, thinking about it a bit more, they're apparently treating the timeslot change as the start of season 3. Which makes a certain amount of sense seeing as that seems to have become the renew point for the series, and the arcs are being structured with that in mind. If they defined season 2 as 48 episodes long like season 1, that'd make it 49 to 96, which would end the "season" right at the start of the Tenrou Island arc, then run them into a similar problem for a potential 48 episode "season 3" ending in the middle of the current filler arc.

So what it looks like they're doing instead is keeping it how it worked out in Japan, with "season 1" being 48 episodes, "season 2" being 24, "season 3" being 52, and "season 4" also likely being 52. Yeah, one season ends up being short, but they keep things in logical story telling blocks, and avoid ending anything in the middle of an arc.

So given a choice between licensing a 24 episode block, or licensing a 74 episode block to get a release that doesn't end during an arc, they opted for the 24 episode block. Probably aided by the likelihood that when they say to the Japanese companies that they want to license season 2, the Japanese end likely thinks of that as "season 2" themselves. And since they're buying fewer episodes at a likely similar per episode price point to season 1, they go ahead and spend the money to grab and announce the rights to the movie at the same time to help keep fans of the series from being disheartened at the shorter season length.
Old 2012-07-29, 00:16   Link #120
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Well, thinking about it a bit more, they're apparently treating the timeslot change as the start of season 3. Which makes a certain amount of sense seeing as that seems to have become the renew point for the series, and the arcs are being structured with that in mind. If they defined season 2 as 48 episodes long like season 1, that'd make it 49 to 96, which would end the "season" right at the start of the Tenrou Island arc, then run them into a similar problem for a potential 48 episode "season 3" ending in the middle of the current filler arc.

So what it looks like they're doing instead is keeping it how it worked out in Japan, with "season 1" being 48 episodes, "season 2" being 24, "season 3" being 52, and "season 4" also likely being 52. Yeah, one season ends up being short, but they keep things in logical story telling blocks, and avoid ending anything in the middle of an arc.

So given a choice between licensing a 24 episode block, or licensing a 74 episode block to get a release that doesn't end during an arc, they opted for the 24 episode block. Probably aided by the likelihood that when they say to the Japanese companies that they want to license season 2, the Japanese end likely thinks of that as "season 2" themselves. And since they're buying fewer episodes at a likely similar per episode price point to season 1, they go ahead and spend the money to grab and announce the rights to the movie at the same time to help keep fans of the series from being disheartened at the shorter season length.
Huh yeah, that makes total sense now that I think about it, thanks alot for giving us such a detailed explanation !