AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-08-05, 15:16   Link #1161
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Whats everyone thoughts on Leeds getting docked 15 points? I think its overly ridiculous, we've been docked 25 points now altogether for the whole administration crap, its a disgrace, The team and fans suffer the harshest punishment ever because we're stuck with a corrupt chairman!!! Arghhh so irritating.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 15:31   Link #1162
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
Yeah good job United, first trophy of the season
More of a Shield than a trophy
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:10   Link #1163
gin-3
who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Whats everyone thoughts on Leeds getting docked 15 points? I think its overly ridiculous, we've been docked 25 points now altogether for the whole administration crap, its a disgrace, The team and fans suffer the harshest punishment ever because we're stuck with a corrupt chairman!!! Arghhh so irritating.
too bad for Leeds, many good today player comes from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
it still a good achievement, both team struggle to win (in press conference both said they really want to win, and some yellow card comes out in this match), it hard match, unlucky for Chelsea can't play some of their main players because of injury, and Malouda made exiting appearance, great goal he made, great solo run!

and there's something weird about United formations, they put Evra on left winger and put two defensive midfielder on center (Carrick and O'shea), i think they really gonna make 4-2-3-1 formation for this season.

i still wonder how vd Sar can block all those penalty
gin-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 15:28   Link #1164
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
The more important is that they beat the worst enemy in a direct match
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:42   Link #1165
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Gosh the season starts 5 days!!!!

I cant wait
Old 2007-08-06, 22:11   Link #1166
gin-3
who am i?

Quote:
Gosh the season starts 5 days!!!!

I cant wait

yes me too, it will be full of great saturday night (my time), no more crap movies
Old 2007-08-07, 11:15   Link #1167
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

gin-3 which team do you support?? United??
Old 2007-08-07, 15:14   Link #1168
arcadeplayer987

I want Arsenal to win this season but I don't think they have enough power for this, United is too powerful
Old 2007-08-07, 15:51   Link #1169
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Dont underestimate. Our players have had another year to play, and learn each others game. If Wenger brings in a genuine winger, and maybe another striker then I would expect us to win.

Yes United are looking strong, so are Chelsea and Liverpool. Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Boro & Man City have improved. This season will be probably the best we have seen.
Old 2007-08-08, 14:39   Link #1170
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Setting up an Animesuki league if its alright with people, just a free fantasy football league thingy, hope people join!!!

Once you have a team created, the code for the league is 369242-137261

Hope people join!
Old 2007-08-08, 15:24   Link #1171
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:

Setting up an Animesuki league if its alright with people, just a free fantasy football league thingy, hope people join!!!

Hope people join!
I'll join the league. Thanks for making one

I'm A.T, if anyone was wondering.
Old 2007-08-08, 22:26   Link #1172
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm in as well .. 3rd member in the league now..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 07:40   Link #1173
gin-3
who am i?

Quote:
gin-3 which team do you support?? United??
yup, united

Quote:

Hope people join!
umm, little busy right now, maybe later
Old 2007-08-09, 10:58   Link #1174
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin-3 View Post
yup, united

umm, little busy right now, maybe later
Deadline is August 11th 11:30am (GMT)

Very short notice, join as soon as you can.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:22   Link #1175
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Come on people, join up!!!!!

I'm in such a fired up state now after the 71 clubs voted against Leeds. Our fans are planning on boycotting their matchday programmes, booze and food, that along with extra policing costs will hopefully annoy other clubs, especially as they won't be making any money from us, disgraceful, political losers. They voted not for the sake of football but to be spiteful and make sure we're not promotion challengers.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:35   Link #1176
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Dont underestimate. Our players have had another year to play, and learn each others game. If Wenger brings in a genuine winger, and maybe another striker then I would expect us to win.

Yes United are looking strong, so are Chelsea and Liverpool. Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Boro & Man City have improved. This season will be probably the best we have seen.
But Arsenal is weaken than last season, because they lost Henry, Baptista and Lyungberg
Old 2007-08-09, 15:38   Link #1177
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Come on arcadeplayer987 & Last_Hope!! You two join up aswell. We've only got 3, thats not enough.

Come on people join up!!
Old 2007-08-09, 15:42   Link #1178
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
But Arsenal is weaken than last season, because they lost Henry, Baptista and Lyungberg
But were not really that weakened. Yes losing Henry was a big blow, but he was injured for the majority of the season. Baptista played very poor for us, and just couldnt adapt quick enough. Its not his fault, but he had many many chances & games to prove his worth, and he simply didnt perform in the Premiership. As I've mentioned before, Ljungberg isnt half the player he was. He has lost his main quality, his pace. He can no longer run past defenders weith ease.

Van Persie scored 11 scored before he got injured. And that was in January, if he hadnt broken his foot, I'm sure he would of gone on to score 20+ goals. Adebayor will have improved, and Eduardo will score 10+ definetly. Most of our squad has improved. And it looks like Wenger will be playing Eboue right-midfield. Which is a big plus, after those great performances against Inter & PSG.
Old 2007-08-09, 22:27   Link #1179
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Beside Henry, losing Baptista and Ljungberg (if last season stat to be judge) is not that big of a blow.

And Henry do get injured as well last season, and the squad still performing.

I just hope we can improved our away form >.< It was a disgraced last season .. 7 wins out of 18 PL matches? >__<

I really hope Eduardo and Persie can gel fas.. with Adebayor, we have 3 strong forward now.. and we have Bentner as well... 13 goals for Birmingham last season right?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-10, 04:14   Link #1180
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Somehing funny
============

ARSENAL
What do they need to do different to last season? - SCORE. SOME. GOALS. It's not rocket science, but Arsenal really do need to cut out the artistry in front of goal, otherwise nothing will change.
Most important new signing? - Eduardo da Silva, because the pressure is already on him to be The New Thierry Henry and he needs to start the season well or risk endless comparisons.
Scapegoat of the season? - Alex Hleb. He's not a bad player by any means, but not even Arsene Wenger seems to know what he's really for.
What to watch out for - Arsenal to take eight matches before scoring a single goal and Arsene Wenger to drop Robin van Persie because he scored it with his shin.
Where will they finish?> - Fourth
Their 2007/08 in one word - Fussy

CHELSEA
What do they need to do different to last season? - Stay fit, basically. And it's not been an encouraging start so far, with most of the first team squad out injured, but Jose Mourinho will hope that they are just getting it out of the way early on.
Most important new signing? - Florent Malouda. It's tempting to say Tal Ben Haim for the role he'll be playing as defensive cover for John Terry, but Malouda's wing-play could revolutionise Chelsea and turn them into a team who actually attack quite a lot instead of whenever they think it's absolutely necessary.
Scapegoat of the season? - Whichever of Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack fails to improve on last season's uninspiring performances. Or Glen Johnson if he continues to be a really rubbish right-back.
What to watch out for - Jose Mourinho's new mellow outlook to evaporate ten minutes into the opening game when one of his players blatantly dives and isn't awarded a free-kick.
Where will they finish? - First or second, depending on injuries
Their 2007/08 in one word - Fitness

LIVERPOOL
What do they need to do different to last season? - Win the Premier League. That's the be-all and end-all for Liverpool this year. Having not been champions since 1990, the club that rightly prides itself on its history would be getting perilously close to two decades without the title if they don't start challenging seriously very soon.
Most important new signing? - Fernando Torres. While Yossi Benayoun is being tipped as a crucial signing by those in the know, the real difference between Liverpool being a very good team and Liverpool being champions is whether Torres lives up to his billing and becomes their star striker/goal machine.
Scapegoat of the season? - Harry Kewell. Seemingly fit and ready for the new campaign, Harry Kewell is well overdue to make some kind of positive impact at Anfield. If he limps off five minutes into his first game, you can probably expect a few boos.
What to watch out for - Harry Kewell to limp off five minutes into his first game. Rafa Benitez to rotate the team to within an inch of its life and get to the Champions League final again.
Where will they finish? - Third
Their 2007/08 in one word - Expensive

MAN UNITED
What do they need to do different to last season? - Do much better in Europe. The thrashing of Roma aside, United were poor in the Champions League and having regained 'their' title at home, the focus will be back on Europe this year. Fergie's signings tell you that much.
Most important new signing? - Owen Hargreaves. Having been pursued for over a year, he's finally at Old Trafford and it's in Europe that he will hope to have most impact in that holding role, particularly against the likes of AC Milan.
Scapegoat of the season? - If Gabriel Heinze stays, he can't expect to be too popular. Other than that, it'll be the usual suspects of Fletcher, O'Shea and Silvestre, with van der Sar added to the list if he repeats last season's mistakes.
What to watch out for - Lots of attacking options, lots of goals, lots of fun.
Where will they finish? - First or second, depending on injuries
Their 2007/08 in one word - Attack!

Lastly (since i'm too lazy to copy edit the rest of the team in PL)
WIGAN ATHLETIC
What do they need to do different to last season? - Wigan seriously need to improve after a couple of seasons of steady decline. Unfortunately, the signs are not good, with new boss Chris Hutchings not yet inspiring much confidence with his signings of his record in the top flight.
Most important new signing? - Jason Koumas. A player who has flattered to deceive for too long, it is time for Koumas to deliver at the highest level and Wigan really, REALLY need him to be good.
Scapegoat of the season? - Titus Bramble. Who else?
What to watch out for - Wigan to lose a lot of games. Not many people to watch any of them.
Where will they finish? - Relegated
Their 2007/08 in one word - Titus

I LOLLED HARD at Wigan

How very true eh especially for those top 4
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
football, soccer