AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 02:05   Link #301
deranged_02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Does the speed the girls are developing seem realistic to most people? They're certainly progressing sensibly from the basic skills to advanced ones, but I've heard it said before that they're becoming good too quickly.
It looks fine to me. I mean, they know their limits so they're trying their best to 'cover' those.
deranged_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 10:59   Link #302
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hell yea...this series simply produce the most priceless of priceless expressions

ep 10
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 11:05   Link #303
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Meh the only episode 10 raws I can find won't even play well. Sigh...

Well there's enough one-sided Kyouko romancing for Tomoe to last me the wait for the subs of 9 and 10. Also epic Tama annoyed face at 14:30-ish.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-09-12 at 11:24.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:28   Link #304
Oppius
Banned

When I watched this show, I think someone else should remake Princess 9 someday. I bet that show would be better than Taishou Yakyuu Musume if it remaked since it was in shoujo demographics, unlike Taishou Yakyuu Musume which is a seinen.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:40   Link #305
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
When I watched this show, I think someone else should remake Princess 9 someday. I bet that show would be better than Taishou Yakyuu Musume if it remaked since it was in shoujo demographics, unlike Taishou Yakyuu Musume which is a seinen.
It's been awhile since I saw Princess Nine, but I remember feeling kind of negative towards it near the end. Although it's possible that I may feel differently about it if I were to try it again today.

Still based on current memory of Princess Nine and based on what I've seen of Taishou Yakyuu Musume so far, I prefer the latter. Well, this does have the unfair advantage of Kyouko.

Also, I've learned over time that shows can be good or bad regardless of their demographic.
Old 2009-09-17, 13:06   Link #306
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Spoiler for 11:

Just one more episode to go for one of the better series of the season.
Old 2009-09-17, 21:31   Link #307
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 23:34   Link #308
ThoHell

Spoiler for episode 11:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-09-19 at 10:08. Reason: please use spoiler tags to discuss unsubbed episodes...
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 00:59   Link #309
Greenish Growth

I'm going to need another pick-me-up, light-hearted kind of show after this one's over.

It was nice being able to watch this show during slightly downer times.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 02:07   Link #310
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm assuming you guys know episode 9 dubs by Doremi are out?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 13:39   Link #311
Ghostfriendly

Indeed they, and none too soon. Nice to get some development from Sousuke, pity the Koume-stalking guy got off so lightly. Hopefully Sousuke and Akkiko will get to respect each other more....Saburo was incredibly cute here, with his bet, he really knows more about Koume and relationships than the stalker-guy.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 07:24   Link #312
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Nothing much to say to ep 11 but simply; fantastic

Spoiler for episode 11:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-09-19 at 10:07. Reason: please use spoiler tags to discuss unsubbed episodes...
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:55   Link #313
FuzzyWuzzy

I hope they win. I hope she can use the magic ball or knuckleball and wow the guys.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 15:29   Link #314
Ghostfriendly

I was thinking after watching ep 9 that the Asaka headmaster might have a point about the match reflecting on the school. If Asaka lose to a girls team, the loss of face might prevent them from entering competitions in future, or even lead to other teams refusing to play them.

I can't see the girls letting them win to save them from something like that though; they'd more likely have to vindicate Asaka by beating any teams that refused to play them!
Old 2009-09-20, 16:06   Link #315
zindrel

What do you base your assumption of the girls' team being stronger than Asaka's on?
It's not very logical that they would win, the gap in experience is just too wide. Although, it might be possible if the boys don't take them seriously at first and the girls manage to get a decent lead. Otherwise, the relatively realistic setting would be destroyed.
zindrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:21   Link #316
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Waiting on the subs is hard, but I will persevere!
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:29   Link #317
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zindrel View Post
What do you base your assumption of the girls' team being stronger than Asaka's on?
It's not very logical that they would win, the gap in experience is just too wide. Although, it might be possible if the boys don't take them seriously at first and the girls manage to get a decent lead. Otherwise, the relatively realistic setting would be destroyed.
Relatively realistic, but very idealistic. The girls would have to get very lucky, but after all this work, they can't end the series satisfied with a loss.
Old 2009-09-20, 17:24   Link #318
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

I think a close, tough loss for the girls would serve the storyline as well as an outright win. One of the underlying themes of this show is "Guys, you must take the ladies seriously, on their own terms." I think Koume and Akiko will gain that respect just by staying competitive. Actually, I think Koume has gained that respect from the right person already.

Of course, I'm rooting for them to win. Because the other underlying theme of this show is "SQUEE! Cute anime girls in period costumes playing baseball!" So how can I not?
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 22:11   Link #319
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Of course, I'm rooting for them to win. Because the other underlying theme of this show is "SQUEE! Cute anime girls in period costumes playing baseball!" So how can I not?
That logic is good enough for me. I'll be rooting for them as well. Especially since the team includes Kyouko.

As for their chances to win, I look at this way. It ultimately could go either way. The expert has the better chance, but they do sometimes lose to the amateur. Also winning once and winning multiple times are two different things.
Old 2009-09-21, 13:01   Link #320
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I couldn't stop thinking of Osaka from Azumanga Daioh when I saw this.

EDIT: Oh looks like everyone mentioned it already lol

Tags
baseball, japan, seinen