Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 02:27   Link #1
yakumo-chan

Ragnarok online 2: Legend of the second

a new ragnarok has been announced!

its called Legend of the second

Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of The Second (Korean: 라그나로크 온라인 2: Legend of the Second) is an upcoming remake of Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World (Korean: 라그나로크 온라인 2: The Gate of the World) the MMORPG created by Gravity Corp. of South Korea and is the sequel to the popular MMORPG, Ragnarok Online.

In July 2010 it was announced the first iteration of the game had been scrapped, and a new version, Ragnarok Online II: Legend of the Second, would be developed in its stead. The new iteration of Ragnarok Online II returns to the systems and mechanics of the original Ragnarok Online while keeping the 3D engine. The game engine was changed several times since it's predecessor opened its long running closed beta in 2007. It was mentioned that the new version of Ragnarok Online 2 will be using the Gamebryo engine.[1] The previous iteration used Unreal Engine 2.5

The game's Closed Beta Test is set to start on August 31st, and all past testers of Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World will get access to the CBT if they activate their accounts on the website

Ragnarok Online 2 will still have the classic characters such as Swordsman/Knight, Mage/Wizard, Archer/Hunter, Thief/Assassin, and Acolyte/Priest. The only difference is that they all have changed their looks! Ragnarok online staffs have assured a new kind of leveling, new environment, and new collectibles.

Players will surely drop their jaws in amazement upon knowing that the 2D characters are upgraded to full 3D modes. Pets, cards, and the signature music should also be looked forward to for it also have undergone drastic changes.

The long wait has come to end folks! Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second is on its way to you. August 31, 2010 will surely be a date!
Old 2010-07-11, 04:43   Link #2
Zekori

I've been back and forth from RO hell I must admit (from it's English Alpha), like WoW eventually it gets its icy grasps and I kill time unless there isn't a new game in which I can hang with buddies with. So I'm kind interested in this one succeeding, so long as they manage to keep grind to a reasonable level, something they sorta managed to perform with the Renewal System.

Although the return of a card system, gently "screw" the card system. But I guess I could manage if they're balanced in a way that only a handful are merely useful in specific situational if that.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 05:26   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh God RO. pRO obliterated my first year of college. The temptation is there but sweet Jesus I will never go back to Midgard.

Hopefully.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 05:28   Link #4
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Well, if this means a fresh start with no obscene economic and martial domination of one particular faction (this means guild or alliance), I might be in, rolling a mage this time. IF the vertical firewall trick can be done in this one. RO and I, it's a love-hate relationship.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 09:40   Link #5
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought it had come out long time ago, but I guess it's still CBT...haven't heard the news about it until recently. The last time I've tried it, I can't seem to play it in my Vista... >_>; (if it was Ragnarok 2 that I played)

Heh, guess when it came out, I'll start playing with Mage again. I hope the skills for this game is not much different than the predecessor.
edit+

sorry, i read it wrong lol.
I guess it's a remake from the old RO 2, huh ?

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2010-07-12 at 07:11.
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 16:26   Link #6
meko

If you would like to see some gameplay / quests from CBT, here is some on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...59132A5ACF9159
meko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 07:37   Link #7
Lumir

More info on the card system in RO2!

There will be bronze, silver, and gold versions of every card. Bronze being the most common and Gold being the rarest and best version of each card.

More info here...

http://ro2legend.com/forums/general/...rd-system.html
Old 2011-01-05, 08:27   Link #8
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
A Better question is if they will released RO2 on Mac computers as well. If they do that, maybe they can put alittle dent in WoW.
Old 2011-01-05, 15:48   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hate to say this, but this game isn't coming to the US for another year or two. It's been in beta for like over 5 years over in Korea.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 02:06   Link #10
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Hate to say this, but this game isn't coming to the US for another year or two. It's been in beta for like over 5 years over in Korea.
This is a new version of ragnarok. Hence it has the title "Ragnarok 2 Legend of the Second" instead of "Ragnarok 2 Gate of the World" (Gate being a scrapped project as the fans didnt like it). Its a completely new project going back to the roots of RO1 and listening to what the fans want.

But you are right this game isnt coming out for awhile because its going to be polished before any serious release. They will have 2 betas this year and im guessing next it will be out.
Old 2011-01-06, 02:39   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Curiously what's the system requirements?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 04:36   Link #12
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Curiously what's the system requirements?
Im not informed about the requirements, but I know they are not crazy. A standard dual core or maby even a single core cpu with a decent vid card should suffice.

BTW Closed Beta Test 2 was announced. But only those that where in the CBT1 can participate I think. CBT2 has been labeled the R-Care Test and it starts on the 25th Jan.

Also if you didnt get into the CBT1 you can view the upcomming content and info on a dedicated forum website with a caring community that will be streaming and posting the new info.

http://ro2legend.com/forums/
Old 2011-01-13, 19:59   Link #13
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Im not informed about the requirements, but I know they are not crazy. A standard dual core or maby even a single core cpu with a decent vid card should suffice.
Well good thing the requirements are not as heavy as the majority of games this year. I got quite addicted to RO almost to the extent of my addiction to WoW in someway, so can't wait to try this out.
Old 2011-01-13, 20:21   Link #14
Yuno
Balanced Diet

RO... a game that had been apart of my life for almost nine years. I remember playing in beta. I remember struggling with my clunky old computer so I could play it. My first real MMO, where so many memories were formed. It was always such a simple game, but the community was quite good. I remember meeting a dear friend there, who him and I created such a great team. RO was in my life as it changed drastically from when I first played it. Eventually though I couldn't play it any longer, and now I hear news of RO2? I must confess that for nostalgia's sake I may take a look at the game. Since RO was the only game I played the class I wished without much fear. In WoW I have always wanted to play a healer, I even have a max level healer, but so much is keeping me from it.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:36   Link #15
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No private server for this yet ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 10:16   Link #16
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
RO... a game that had been apart of my life for almost nine years. I remember playing in beta. I remember struggling with my clunky old computer so I could play it. My first real MMO, where so many memories were formed. It was always such a simple game, but the community was quite good. I remember meeting a dear friend there, who him and I created such a great team. RO was in my life as it changed drastically from when I first played it. Eventually though I couldn't play it any longer, and now I hear news of RO2? I must confess that for nostalgia's sake I may take a look at the game. Since RO was the only game I played the class I wished without much fear. In WoW I have always wanted to play a healer, I even have a max level healer, but so much is keeping me from it.
QFT. I had a similar experience but I kept going back to RO every so often. There was something magical about the game when it first came out. The community was all in the same situation, all having fun and really working together at times. Now RO1 is like a pure grind/quest MMO with so much content new users could get lost.

I remeber playing a swordsman into crusader. It was tough but I had 2 aco/priests with me as we all plowed through orc dungeon to level up and reach our second class. I can even recall taking down the ultimate boss back then, Dark Lord. He was super hard and dropped some epic stuff... Fun times indeed lol.

I just wonder how this new RO2 will feel now that we have games like Tera, Aion, and Blade and Soul on the rise. I hear Tera is something special from some OBTers.
Old 2011-01-22, 16:12   Link #17
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Ah, those brought back so many memories. I remember having to grind out my assassin endlessly. I used to have a Crusader friend who was always with me. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed how unforgiving it can get when mobs stacked up onto you. With both of us typing "Run!" to everyone in our path. Only to have several players then running, until we realized us as a group could do better.

The community was good as you stated, each of us were doing our best to grind out to the next level. I remember the joy of taking down Dark Lord. It was a whole guild effort. WoE was fun, though quite laggy for me. Probably wouldn't be now though.

It sounds like they scrapped their original idea for RO2 and went back to the RO feel. What ruined RO for me was the sudden advancement of level cap and third jobs. I knew then that it was time for me to step aside and let the next generation pass me. Since I was no longer measuring up. I'm hoping it can do well, because as I grow to have WoW ennui I am wonder what else is out there for me.
Old 2011-01-22, 20:21   Link #18
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
Ah, those brought back so many memories. I remember having to grind out my assassin endlessly. I used to have a Crusader friend who was always with me. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed how unforgiving it can get when mobs stacked up onto you. With both of us typing "Run!" to everyone in our path. Only to have several players then running, until we realized us as a group could do better.

The community was good as you stated, each of us were doing our best to grind out to the next level. I remember the joy of taking down Dark Lord. It was a whole guild effort. WoE was fun, though quite laggy for me. Probably wouldn't be now though.

It sounds like they scrapped their original idea for RO2 and went back to the RO feel. What ruined RO for me was the sudden advancement of level cap and third jobs. I knew then that it was time for me to step aside and let the next generation pass me. Since I was no longer measuring up. I'm hoping it can do well, because as I grow to have WoW ennui I am wonder what else is out there for me.
Haha yea those mobs where SUPER scary. And as a GC sader back in the day I had to make em to lvl super fast. Grand Cross was legendary back then lol. Sometimes id have to run and when you see a mobbing GC sader running if you are in the way you know you need to run to lol. I remember once when i joined a new server that had just started and when most people got to orc dung to level no one could! Why? Because orc lord was right at the entrance camping it and owning noobs LOL! It was a massacre. Noobs would try to gunn it and run in but get stuck by traps and get owned lol.

I also remember back when GH (glast hiem) used to be the chill spot for all the high lvls. We would camp there and farm items. Try to take on Dark lord. Ah man back then even if you were in a small group it could become large without even having to ask other for help, people would just heal you randomly, buffs, also save you from mobs. Good times... Good times...
Old 2011-01-23, 03:25   Link #19
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Yes, we'd all camp at the cross in the center of the map. While little aco's would run out and try to heal bomb to level. It was super funny. Then when they were in danger the higher levels would run out and save them. When I got to level 80 all I did was hang out around there.

I remember that, Orc Lord used to be such a pain during those times. I remember having to try and figure out a new leveling spot to avoid him. Eventually I bypassed orc dungeon and did Lutie.

I remember when Prontera would be come so crowded GMs would summon Abyssal Knights and Lord of the Dead to ride through down killing everyone. Since it was lagging us so bad. Ugh, the prices in that game >.< When people complain about being broke in WoW I tell them it's nothing compared to RO.
Old 2011-01-23, 12:41   Link #20
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Oh crap, I was just talking about my fond memories of the first RO with a bunch of friends from high school.

I'm somewhat skeptical about this one. Gotta see more first. But with so many MMO selections coming to us in the near future (Terra, Old Republic, Warhammer 40k, etc) I'm not sure if RO2 can captivate me...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote