AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 10:31   Link #21
yuwing
mr. panty thief

i had a horrible, horrible dream..... i was raped by 4 girls.... they did this and that....

yuwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 11:13   Link #22
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
You do have them You just don't remember. People have an average of 2-3 dreams a night. I only remember them if I wake up suddenly or something...
Try this: before you go to sleep tell yourself that you WILL remember your dream. Go to sleep aware that you're falling asleep and that you're starting to dream. Your awareness will continue at a subconscious level. It's a psychological thing. It might work. Just know that you do dream, everyone dreams.
*sigh*

Thinking about what I dreamt about is about the first thing I do when I wake up.
Actually a couple years ago, I dreamt every day and I did remember what I dreamt about, every day.

Humm 2-3 dreams a night?! Might be true, cause sometimes I kinda know that I dreamt, but don't know what it was about. Not dreaming has to be possible, though..

I wonder when someone will discover "the mystery" behind dreaming...
But we don't know much about the human brain, so it'll probably be taking a while..

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwing
i had a horrible, horrible dream..... i was raped by 4 girls.... they did this and that....
I had this too !! Though it was only 2 if I remember correctly..;P Fun.
Old 2004-04-17, 11:52   Link #23
yuwing
mr. panty thief

wat is the reason for dreaming
wat is the scientific reasoning behind why we dream when we are asleeep.
yuwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:11   Link #24
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
wat is the reason for dreaming
wat is the scientific reasoning behind why we dream when we are asleeep.
IMO I think that it's a way for our brain to process, sort out, and store all the information that it receives. The brain collects alot of data. Some of the stuff we think is trivial gets ignored while the stuff we care about goes into RAM (yeah, we're computers). When we dream it takes everything that we've gathered and tries to sort it out the best way it can. If you remember your dream, it means that you're still thinking about something that's bothering you, if you forget...it just goes on the shelf until something recalls it. That's my take on it. I'm an engineer in training so I hope you weren't expecting really big confusing words or something philosophical.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 14:18   Link #25
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
IMO I think that it's a way for our brain to process, sort out, and store all the information that it receives. The brain collects alot of data. Some of the stuff we think is trivial gets ignored while the stuff we care about goes into RAM (yeah, we're computers). When we dream it takes everything that we've gathered and tries to sort it out the best way it can. If you remember your dream, it means that you're still thinking about something that's bothering you, if you forget...it just goes on the shelf until something recalls it. That's my take on it. I'm an engineer in training so I hope you weren't expecting really big confusing words or something philosophical.
I agree with that.

now i remembered one dream i have a long time ago. I was ten years old. I was on a vaction trip of some sort, but my little brother (who was 2 years old by that time) have died! i frequently dream that my brother dies, is really disturbing. Anyway my brother was death, but i had another one, who was exactly the same physicly but with a red skin! he looked like a tomatoe, that was so weird...

Another dream, I had this one last night, is very confuse. I was in a conference, with many of my university classmates and with many of my school classmates, the conference suddenly became a contest of some sort, but the conference was being held at a huge plane, then i wasn't myself anymore and i was seeing everything from a third person's view, in the room of the conference now turn into contest, the charcaters of saint seiya were there, and they were trying to pass some information throught the cameras of the auditorium yes now is an auditorium with cameras wich were broadcasting... I'd tell all the other stuff that happens later but it would be too long.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:03   Link #26
Sakuba
Student of the Fung Huo

i dreamt this twice now, once when i was 13 and once when i was 14.
the dream i dreamt was weird, i found myself walking down the park, to meet some of my friends, then suddenly this japanese castle appear out of nowhere, i walked in and then suddenly the empty castle was filled with guards, and cilivians. the sky turned black the torches were lit like magic, then this loud knocking comes from behind, i climb up this ladder which leads to the top of the wall, there standing by the door was this man, the guards let him in and locked the door, suddenly a sword in its sheath appeared in my left hand, i looked down and this man had turned into a vampire (like the one in hellsing) the guards surounded it and stabed it with their spears, then darkness appeared, and all i heard was screaming of pain and agony.
i then appeared at this shopping centre with the sword still in my hand, and for some strange reason this old man appeared and said "protect master bailey".
hearing this i ran in the direction of htis guy, behind me three vampires, had teared the old man in to four, then suddenly appear right next to this guy, i start telling him to run away, but then my right hand suddenly pulles the sword out of its sheath slicing a vampire in half, its body went up in flames, the sword was glowing, the other two vampires, grab this friend of mine, and tear of his head and arms.

without even finding out how it ended i woke up
Sakuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:55   Link #27
DCDraGon

well i've had my share of weird dreams. but instead i'll post a dream a girl at work had about me (er.. not that kind of dream )

if i remember correctly, im supposed to be sitting with this girl and a few of her friends at a bar, suddenly everyone starts disappearing one by one... she tells me to do something about it, but being the lazy guy i am, i don't do nothing. anyway, turns out the people who disappeared were actually killed.. and turns out the killer was none other than me.

I hope none of her dreams come true!... only god knows what i'd turn in to.
DCDraGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:59   Link #28
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I've had some weird dreams.
Ever since I put my FMP sig up, I'd hava a dream/nightmare about it every once in a while.
Man-Faye has only invaded my dreams several times. I always wake up to find my brother standing over me attempting to wake me up. Coincidence?
During the stage of my life when I wet the bed, I'd always dream of entering the bathroom just before I woke up to find a wet spot... TMI?
I've had some weird dreams about Blanka from Street Fighter when I was little. It was scary, because he'd tear me to bits and I'd wake up yelling...
DOA 3 leaves some pretty dreams...
I once had one where I was a girl. Odd stuff. I wouldn't shut up about shoes...

Anyone want more?
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 23:10   Link #29
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I've had some weird dreams.
Ever since I put my FMP sig up, I'd hava a dream/nightmare about it every once in a while.
Man-Faye has only invaded my dreams several times. I always wake up to find my brother standing over me attempting to wake me up. Coincidence?
During the stage of my life when I wet the bed, I'd always dream of entering the bathroom just before I woke up to find a wet spot... TMI?
I've had some weird dreams about Blanka from Street Fighter when I was little. It was scary, because he'd tear me to bits and I'd wake up yelling...
DOA 3 leaves some pretty dreams...
I once had one where I was a girl. Odd stuff. I wouldn't shut up about shoes...

Anyone want more?
SXT--it's a lot more often then you'd think, that most dreams about taking a leak invariably ends up in actual bed-wet. Also, in said variety of dreams, it doesn't have to be in a restroom, hence my use of "taking a leak." I remember reading something about this... also the same happened to me at the approprite ages(long ago--but the experience stays with you ). To counter the supposed "dream effect," when and if I was aware that I was dreaming of taking a leak, I would try like a bat outta hell to wake up--that actually helped in containing some damage
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 23:30   Link #30
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
SXT--it's a lot more often then you'd think, that most dreams about taking a leak invariably ends up in actual bed-wet. Also, in said variety of dreams, it doesn't have to be in a restroom, hence my use of "taking a leak." I remember reading something about this... also the same happened to me at the approprite ages(long ago--but the experience stays with you ). To counter the supposed "dream effect," when and if I was aware that I was dreaming of taking a leak, I would try like a bat outta hell to wake up--that actually helped in containing some damage
I soon learned this. As soon as I dreamed of tinkling, I'd try as hard as I could in my dream to wake up.
I ended my habit this way.
I felt sort of sad for this one guy I saw at my acupunturist. He was 14 and was still wetting his bed every night. I returned to learn that acupuncture had cure him. Good for him...
Old 2004-04-17, 23:48   Link #31
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I soon learned this. As soon as I dreamed of tinkling, I'd try as hard as I could in my dream to wake up.
I ended my habit this way.
I felt sort of sad for this one guy I saw at my acupunturist. He was 14 and was still wetting his bed every night. I returned to learn that acupuncture had cure him. Good for him...
interesting, I have never wet my bed EVER! one day when i was little i didn't pee in the night so my mom remove my diapers and since then i've never been in that unconfortable situation, my brother did wet the bed several times until he became 8 years old. The weird thing is that when in my dream i have to go to the bathroom i cannot find any, every single time i finally find some place to take a leak someone appears and because of the embarrasment i don't do it, it goes on and on like that until i finally woke up and rush like a maniac to the bathroom...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:38   Link #32
Phoenix_Dreams
Take that and Keep It!

Hmm my wierdest dream....

I was at an Anime Convention then all of a sudden Tyson came up to me and was like 'Sister!' then gave me a hug. Then all of a sudden i was back home and my dad told me my mom was dead and that we had to burry her in the Kitchen beside the table. Then i was back at the anime convention dressed like Domon from G Gundam and i was battleing Some dude with my gundam.

No Joke i had that like last week...scared the hell outta me..

Good times though.
Phoenix_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 05:02   Link #33
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Ahh, so the dream thread had finally been created..

My most vivid dreams are always my nightmares for some reasons:

I was standing in a fabric hall with some other workers, but they were busy and didn't pay any attention to me. Then I turned around and saw a part of the fabric with more light. I skated towards it, this part of the fabric was of a floor that goes up and down, several times. At the bottom of each slope, there was a sort of bassin, but the water was to dark to see through.
Eventually I was at the end of the end, so I stopped my skateboard. At my left was an opening. I went through it. Then I saw a teddybear sitting on the right side of a wooden bench. I looked at it for some times and then I walked further. All of a sudden, I heard a scream of someone who is an lot of pain, but somehow the scream sounded very angry. I turned back and ran back only to see that the teddybear was shredded and the bench was demolished.
After that I ran through the some entrance I came, only to find myself in my old house. Everything was almost utterly destroyed. I looked like it was burned down. I was standing in the middle of the house and was looking at the stars in the sky Then I saw my sister, together we found a place to hide in our house. It was very quiet, you couldn't hear nothing. Then my sister and I decided, if we were to survive who would have to make a run for it. So we did...
After running about 250m. my sister suddenly stopped. I stopped too, I asked what was going on. She said that we forgot to bring our dogs along, I argued that it was to late, we had to go now. But my sister started running back to the house. I cursed and ran after her.
At the house we got our dogs and made a run for it again. Then somehow the air felt more tense, it also seemed to become more dark. My sister suddenly stopped again. I heard her stop and turned around ready to curse her into hell for stopping again, only to see nothing. She and her dog were gone...
I heard growling and turned around. I saw my dog, teeth reveilled and growling, but that wasn't the worst part, her eyes were completely black. I took a step back, then she attacked..

I woke up (Who did actually read that?)

I was one of the most vivid dreams I ever had, the other one includes a 100feet tall Sesame Street Monster
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 08:46   Link #34
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:

I don't get it, how is this a "horrible" dream?
Old 2004-04-18, 10:17   Link #35
baka manko
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to baka manko
Because they were band camp girls and kept on using thier instruments
baka manko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 10:19   Link #36
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka manko
Because they were band camp girls and kept on using thier instruments
AHH!! Yuck. Band girls scare me the most...
Old 2004-04-18, 10:29   Link #37
Drunken_Boxer
o.0

Send a message via MSN to Drunken_Boxer
had a dream that i got slapped by a monkey
Drunken_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 10:50   Link #38
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
just slapped, or did you get bitchslapped by a monkey?
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 10:59   Link #39
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Boxer
had a dream that i got slapped by a monkey
HAHAHA...that's nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
I was one of the most vivid dreams I ever had, the other one includes a 100feet tall Sesame Street Monster
I think that I may want to read about that in the future.

I've been trying to spread my stories out b/c I don't want to just run out of things to type. I will eventually have to type about me being some kind of leprechaun running away from these guys before I forget. Maybe that'll go up on Tuesday.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 11:29   Link #40
Drunken_Boxer
o.0

Send a message via MSN to Drunken_Boxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
just slapped, or did you get bitchslapped by a monkey?

sorry jaz, but the last thing on my mind was finding out if the monkey is bitchslapping me or slapping me. but next time when if i have it ill pay extra attention.

Drunken_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams