AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 06:40   Link #1
Vash002
Ready to Boast

No Bra

No, it's not an Ero-manga.

No Bra.
Author: Kawatsu Kenjiro
Genre: Comedy, Ecchi & Shonen Ai.

A comedy about living together with a very cute girl-
Spoiler for Summary:

I have just read 11 chapters and I gotta say that I love this manga. The main character, is a very lucky guy- oh god...
Old 2008-07-22, 07:05   Link #2
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i've finished the series, and all i could say is that it ended the way it should be(well, at least for me)

id give this a 7/10. good read but not for all because of some social issues presented.
Old 2008-07-22, 08:39   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
it's a catch 22.
what makes Yuki so hot and interesting is the fact that he is a guy -- yet you can't "like him that way" if you are a guy and aren't gay -- yet it is mostly hetereosexual guys that like Yuki. If he was a girl he would have just been an average manga-girl since he is so much like the caricature archetype of manga girl. It is interesting no?

In short -- all heterosexual men are gay for Yuki, and if they aren't they really are homosexual.

Truly, this is what Happiness SHOULD of been about.
Old 2008-07-22, 12:29   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I took a look into this, cause the name sounded pretty hot... but it wasn't what I was expected. Its interesting, but there is a lot of issues. First off, is it really "love" when you are attracted to a female appearance? I mean, there was no real personality interactions, it was mainly just about the physical appearance. I guess its like you go out to a bar, meet a hot chick, and you take her back home, and once the clothes comes off, and reality hits home... the shit just the fan didn't it? The main protagonist is obviously only attracted to "females", so the question is, how will he react from seeing a noodle in between the legs? He's just extremely wrapped up in Yuki's outward appearance.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:36   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It's annoyingly hilarious just how "weak" the main protagonist is. The slightest sexual desire totally overthrows his rationality and keeps him from doing whatever he was going to do, but I'm glad that in the end he found the will to resolve everything.
Old 2008-07-22, 18:10   Link #6
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
i've finished the series, and all i could say is that it ended the way it should be(well, at least for me)

id give this a 7/10. good read but not for all because of some social issues presented.
Is the entire series available in English, or is that only up to Chapter 11?
Old 2008-07-22, 18:18   Link #7
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...I'll admit, Yuki might be trouble for me, especially since we share the same freaking apartment, but I'd have to go with the other chick. Athlethic girls FTW in my book - always and forever.
Old 2008-07-22, 20:05   Link #8
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
Is the entire series available in English, or is that only up to Chapter 11?
the raws are finished ages ago but the scanlation hits up only until 11 (try to look at the gap between the releases, and they are waay too long)
Old 2008-07-22, 21:18   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...I'll admit, Yuki might be trouble for me, especially since we share the same freaking apartment, but I'd have to go with the other chick. Athlethic girls FTW in my book - always and forever.
Yuki is the very epitome of TRAP, the only series I know that main hero(ine) is a trap
Old 2008-07-22, 22:21   Link #10
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now I remember. Saw this series once, but didn't continue reading it since the main male lead was falling over a guy that looks like a girl. But overall I liked the plot since it has a unique twist and humor in it.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:32   Link #11
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yuki is the very epitome of TRAP, the only series I know that main hero(ine) is a trap
u should read Mai Otome

i've been lookin easy dl for this title for ages... good read
Old 2008-07-22, 23:38   Link #12
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh I know about the trap, but at least its not trying to seduce men into a trap, lol.

Its girls falling for him, rather than guys falling for him.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:47   Link #13
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Meh, ugly, wimpy male lead is ugly (and wimpy).

Did I ever mention I hate such a lead? Good. You'll hear it again though. I really hate such a lead.

He deserves neither the clearly transsexual childhood friend nor the athletic girl. He sucks, he looks like a fish (com'on, the author even makes a caricature of that), he wears goddamn Hawaiian shirts, and he's as shallow as his dick. I'm sorry, but even a literary masterpiece can be ruined if such a guy is on the lead role, so this manga wasn't very entertaining while I read through it despite the redeemingly qualities of that nice, err, guy, on the cover.
Old 2008-07-23, 00:04   Link #14
excelence

any of u guys didn't hate the male lead on this kind of genre?

... err whatever the fact that yuki is ... err i hate the fact, but that makes thing interesting lol
Old 2008-07-23, 05:06   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Breastseses FTW. So, yeah, wouldn't have had that much trouble resisting Yuki.
Old 2008-07-23, 06:22   Link #16
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I guess the art helps - This must be this manga-ka's first series, his drawings are....a lil below mediocre when compared with others. You can tell when he tries and when he doesn't really care about a particular scene.

Still, if the series got animated, it would be worth a watch or two. lol If anything, the big guy would be worth a few laughs.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:17   Link #17
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
any of u guys didn't hate the male lead on this kind of genre?
Cool male leads exist. An interesting character is harder to create than an easy-to-make archetype of "Awkward Reaction Guy Template" though.

Case in point: we are quite willingly fawning over God, a.k.a. Keima, a.k.a. otamegane over in the other thread.

Hence, I reserve my right to rant, rave, and verbally assault wimpy male leads with no redeeming points at will. You are, of course, allowed to berate me for being all negative when I should've been fapping at the trap rather than complain, but oh well.

Oh, and Hawaiian shirts are only cool when they're worn by Cuban mafioso with awesome names like Don Antonio Mendoza or something, not fish-heads with a fashion problem.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:36   Link #18
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ok, the main guy lead do get more of my attention that his ...uh... male friends

And I thought it was a joke the mangaka made when drawing himself -_-'
Old 2008-07-23, 07:45   Link #19
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Gah, anyone who still have the raw please send me a link to it.. with cherries on top.

I couldnt stop laughing reading this series XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-23, 08:28   Link #20
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question: can we be sure that Yuki is a boy? If it's so, what happened that can make us readers so sure at that fact?

I smell fishy in this plot

Tags
comedy, crossdressing, ecchi, shounen, trap