AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-14, 04:03   Link #101
Sylvanthious

Condor Hero

Wow, this show is really something special.
Old 2003-12-14, 05:43   Link #102
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
yup i read the novel before, very good
Old 2003-12-14, 05:45   Link #103
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
Indeed. Too bad it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.
Old 2003-12-14, 14:39   Link #104
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
yup i read the novel before, very good
Yup... the anime's pretty good.

However, I still don't think it comes anywhere as good as the novel itself.

I'm expecting a season two for this anime... since I can't see how the series can conclude @ 26...

can someone tell me if season one actually concludes the story by shortening it? Or does it end with Youka getting his arm chopped off?

(It seems that all Condor Hero games have split the story into 2, using the arm incident as the cutoff... that or the part where they'll get separated for 16 years...)
Old 2003-12-14, 15:01   Link #105
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
I'm expecting a season two for this anime... since I can't see how the series can conclude @ 26...

can someone tell me if season one actually concludes the story by shortening it? Or does it end with Youka getting his arm chopped off?

(It seems that all Condor Hero games have split the story into 2, using the arm incident as the cutoff... that or the part where they'll get separated for 16 years...)
Neither one actually. If you think about it, though, neither one is the best place to end a series - whether or not the studio intends to finish the title. You're already in the second arc of the novel at that point.

Last edited by LynnieS; 2003-12-14 at 16:02.
Old 2003-12-14, 15:18   Link #106
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Neither one actually. If you think about it, though, neither one is the best place to end a series - whether or not the studio intends to finish the title. You're already in the second arc of the novel at that point.

Thing is that Condor Hero's already been released for a while already.

The source that Live-Evil uses is already subbed in chinese... and LiveEvil only wrote on top of those subs.

So, all 26 episodes have been available already... it's just that they're not subbed in english.

I'm just curious to know whether anyone's seen the 26 episodes... and whether he/she'd mind telling me what point the anime ends at.

As for the story being in the second half of the arc, I don't really think so.
Spoiler:

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2003-12-16 at 10:56.
Old 2003-12-14, 16:01   Link #107
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
Thing is that Condor Hero's already been released for a while already.

The source that Live-Evil uses is already subbed in chinese... and LiveEvil only wrote on top of those subs.
Live-evil (cute word trick, BTW ) uses both regular Japanese raws and the Mandarin fansubs. Not entirely certain if their translator goes by the Japanese spoken words only, or if he backs up his translations by the Chinese text where available, though. I suspect that it's done purely through Japanese only, but you'll need to speak with someone from the group.

Quote:
So, all 26 episodes have been available already... it's just that they're not subbed in english.
Given the series ended back in, I think, 2001, yeah, the episodes have long been out. It just wasn't a hot series and, I believe, was never released as a R2 title for purchase.

Quote:
I'm just curious to know whether anyone's seen the 26 episodes... and whether he/she'd mind telling me what point the anime ends at.
Right after the valley mini-arc and heading to meet and
Spoiler:
Guo Jing. I'm going by visuals here since I don't understand the language my VCDs are in.

Quote:
As for the story being in the second half of the arc, I don't really think so.

Spoiler:
so it's not even near the halfway point.
I've added spoiler tags to my quoting of your post since there are people here who haven't seen the series or read the novel.

These are what I consider to be the story arcs, and are solely my opinions. The first main arc goes through the first half of the novel and end with the valley trip. The second main arc ends through the
Spoiler:
and covers the third quarter of the book, and the last arc covers the last quarter of the novel and ends with everyone on the mountain (not to mention the bit of foreshadowing of the final novel's main plotline).

Edit - Fixed context problem.
Old 2003-12-14, 19:21   Link #108
Ainana

For People who don't know already...

For people who don't know already, the Legend of the Condor Heroes Live Action 2003 is about Youka's uncle and is the story that comes before the anime Condor Hero. It also gives you a lot of background on stuff like Youka's father and his relationship/interaction with Youka's aunt and uncle and even the daoist monks, who were actually Youka's father's teachers.

Animesuki has episodes 1-3 out for this. It might be interesting to check out.
It goes even as far back as Youka's grandparents.
Old 2003-12-16, 06:33   Link #109
e99y

Thumbs up

i just watched all available 16 eps. whew. i can't wait for the ending of this anime series. 2 thumbs up for this title. recommended.
Old 2003-12-16, 16:17   Link #110
mr_ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I hope Koko finds out that it wasnt Youka who raped her soon because I cant stand it anymore, its eating me up inside everytime I see them together. They seriously need to resolve this issue already.

The preview for ep17 looks exciting, too bad it'll be a long wait though but I take quality over speed subs anyday.

Unfortunately you will have to wait awhile for Koko to find out...
BTW, where did you see the preview?
The only ep17,18 that I know of is in cantonese.
Old 2003-12-16, 16:48   Link #111
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

He said "preview". At the end of every episode is a preview for the next episode. That's what Keitarou20 was referring to.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-17, 21:24   Link #112
ixspa

Smile definitely a good time-burner

I did enjoy this anime up until ep 16 which animesuki has to offer so far. Hopefully Live-Evil will have the remaining 10 eps available soon enough but what sucks is the fact that the story is kind of cut into a bunch of fragments(which all you fellow novel readers can point out already) but other than that the anime is cool.
Old 2003-12-21, 06:59   Link #113
divideby0

Smile

i must admit one of the true perks of knowing Chinese is being able to read this novel in it's native language and understand all the words that lose meaning/ impact after translation.
Old 2003-12-23, 01:20   Link #114
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is one of only two shows to get that honor.
What's the other one?
Old 2003-12-23, 01:36   Link #115
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is one of only two shows to get that honor.
What's the other one?
Well... you could try checking the series page for every show we list until you come across my other recommendation. Or you could use the search function to find out what shows I recommend most often in the suggestions forum and check those to see which one has my other recommendation. Or else I could just take pity on you and tell you that the other show to get that honor is Princess Tutu, but then you wouldn't have to work for it so I don't think I'll do that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-26, 03:26   Link #116
stpam

Talking All I wanted for Xmas was Condor Hero

And lord and behold my wish came true
Old 2003-12-26, 03:58   Link #117
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just finished watching it. Really good episode. Of course they are all really good episodes... :sigh:
Spoiler:

Old 2003-12-26, 18:57   Link #118
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Weird usally Tofu would create a new thread whenever they release a new ep of Condor Hero. It was a nice Christmas present indeed thanks to Tofu and LE for putting it out.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-26, 19:06   Link #119
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Spoiler:
According to the novel (if I'm not wrong, read that last year)
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-26, 19:31   Link #120
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
According to the novel (if I'm not wrong, read that last year)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread