AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 132 80.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 12.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 4.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-10, 18:10   Link #161
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
But why could he see the video after failing and not before ??
Because he didn't have his experiences from time leaping to save Mayuri and his feelings for Kurisu before. He wouldn't be able to see the message until he experienced that loop and bonded with Kurisu, then lost her.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:21   Link #162
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

In 2015, i Think the time mahcine was not made. Suzuha is from 2036. If Okabe from 2015 was using the time machine, it would create a new timeline.

For Okabe from 2015 to be real, Okarin must kill Kurisu one time because Okarin from 2015 is this Okarin from the future.
Old 2011-09-11, 02:13   Link #163
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
You meant 2025?
Old 2011-09-11, 04:31   Link #164
Alucard24

Well, I still have questions

1. How did he managed to send the video ? Was it Suzuha ? Because there is a very low limit of data you can send to the past.

2. For the "turn on the TV" he didn't say the channel xD

3. Suzuha said they can't change the location of the time machine : what if there was a big tree at that same place 200 years ago ?? They are on a rooftop : if they appear when the building isn't done, will they fall ? Wich mean they can't go back to the future because they would materialize inside the building !

4. there is still a "grand father" paradox : Okabe build a time machine because he killed her but in the first place he didn't ! It happened only because Suzuha came back to take him there.
Old 2011-09-11, 08:47   Link #165
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:

1. How did he managed to send the video ? Was it Suzuha ? Because there is a very low limit of data you can send to the past.

3. Suzuha said they can't change the location of the time machine : what if there was a big tree at that same place 200 years ago ?? They are on a rooftop : if they appear when the building isn't done, will they fall ? Wich mean they can't go back to the future because they would materialize inside the building !

4. there is still a "grand father" paradox : Okabe build a time machine because he killed her but in the first place he didn't ! It happened only because Suzuha came back to take him there.
1. He improved the D-Mail in the future.

2. There's a first channel that pops up, it's the news channel.

3. Good point.

4. That specific future!Okabe actually experienced what our current Okabe has, because that's what he has. This is why he's able to recognize what Okabe is thinking, because he's experienced it too.
Old 2011-09-11, 08:57   Link #166
Marina2

Quote:

1. Future Okabe enhanced it ,so it can send larger data.
2. It's a big news. Most channals will broadcast it. Suzuha can tell them anyway.
3. Okabe knows which location is safe to place time machine in past, present and future because of he have lived though it. They can just move it to another location before using it anyway.
4. I'm not good at explaining those paradox things. I'll past this question.
Old 2011-09-11, 18:56   Link #167
soulshunters

because after failing saving kurise and killing her himself, okabe devote the rest of his life (he die in 2025 in both timeline thats why he cant time travel with suzuha so instead he send a d video before he die) into improving d mail for 15 year and finally can send way larger than 16 bit?

and for why future okabe needed okabe to kill kurise is because he needed to improve the dmail to d video, so by killing her it make okabe vote the rest of his life to time machine to save kurise.
if he doesnt kill her or save her, he would just move on with his life.
Old 2011-09-12, 14:40   Link #168
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
3. Okabe knows which location is safe to place time machine in past, present and future because of he have lived though it.
Well yes but I lived for a long time in the same too but I don't remember ALL the places I visited 15 years ago .... And how did she do when going to 1975 ? Okabe wasn't even born at that time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshunters View Post
if he doesnt kill her or save her, he would just move on with his life.
Exactly ! And it is what happened until Suzuha came..... in a time machine that wasn't invented because Okabe moved on with his life. See the problem ?
Old 2011-09-12, 15:08   Link #169
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Not sure if this topic was already discussed, but don't you find strange the future Okabe while knowing what had happened in the alpha worldline, now is trying to avoid the WWIII for the past? Now that I think about it, I recall they had this Attraction Divergence thing which it made of any events become a fact whatever the circumstances where, just like the present Okabe trying to save Mayuri in the beta worldline. I know the series sometimes has had its flaws (not very important though), but we need some explanations imo. I'm kinda guessing their doing the same way as they'll save Kurisu... beats me.

*sigh* Finally the end tomorrow. Wish I could find other series enough to satisfy me as much as S;G. Argh... gonna miss this series
Old 2011-09-12, 17:10   Link #170
Nihokon

http://jtk93.x29.jp/ is a legit URL, if anyone hasn't posted this yet.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:19   Link #171
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
I know the series sometimes has had its flaws (not very important though), but we need some explanations imo.
They're trying to do the same thing that they did that actually saved Mayuri. Trigger an event to push the divergence meter past the 1% and move into a new world line. Instead of the Alpha/Beta line, they're trying to go to Steins Gate.
Old 2011-09-12, 19:29   Link #172
soulshunters

Quote:
Exactly ! And it is what happened until Suzuha came..... in a time machine that wasn't invented because Okabe moved on with his life. See the problem ?
Well.. we never know what will okabe do in the future or maybe at some point he thinking he might able to save her and send a d mail to his past okabe and say dont give up time machine there is still hope...

since if present and future co-exist at the same time then we really cant be sure if the present will change due to future okabe dmail can some how change it...
ex. how the hell july 28 he got that d video in the first place
Old 2011-09-12, 20:21   Link #173
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
http://jtk93.x29.jp/ is a legit URL, if anyone hasn't posted this yet.
The bottom line works out to the MIME/Base64-encoded message
Quote:
これって誰か解読できてたりします?
"Can someone decode this or something?" Can't work out what the rest says.
Old 2011-09-12, 20:27   Link #174
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
No, it doesn't change anything if it's her father who kill her. In the end, Okarin will still try to save her. However, the Okarin from 2025 who find a plan to save her is the Okarin who killed Kurisu.

Another possibility :

The Okarin who find a way to save Kurisu is the one who killed Kurisu. Even if it's him who killed Kurisu, it will not change what will happen after : we will still have the three week and all. However, in the end he will try to find a way to save Kurisu. Since, he's te one who knows how to save her, he told Suzuha from 2036 to do what she did in episode 23 because when you're using a time machine you're not in the same timeline anymore. That's why you can use a time machine. So, by using a time machine, the Suzuha from 2036 reached a new timeline where Okarin didn't kill Kurisu. But this Okarin can't read the D-mail of Okarin from 2025 (who killed Kurisu) so, Suzuha need to be sure that Okarin kill Kurisu. Etc...

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-09-12 at 21:00.
Old 2011-09-13, 06:47   Link #175
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They're trying to do the same thing that they did that actually saved Mayuri. Trigger an event to push the divergence meter past the 1% and move into a new world line. Instead of the Alpha/Beta line, they're trying to go to Steins Gate.
While it's true... i just find it too ackward that the present Okabe won't suffer the same WWIII as the future. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as I recall, this time they won't be using a time machine nor will they undo the messages to change the events pushing the divergence number and they won't even try to change the past this time like they did in beta worldline. Wait... I better wait for new ep today *goes buy popcorn*
Old 2011-09-13, 08:43   Link #176
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
The only reason Okabe was willing to move on with his life was because he thought there was no way of saving Kurisu; Suzuha's arrival showed him there was, and even if he was reluctant to use time travel again, he's not the kind of guy to do nothing when he knows there's a way of saving someone he loves.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:26   Link #177
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshunters View Post
Well.. we never know what will okabe do in the future or maybe at some point he thinking he might able to save her and send a d mail to his past okabe and say dont give up time machine there is still hope...
I like that idea :-). That way, the TM would still be created.
Old 2011-09-15, 10:08   Link #178
klare

congrats to those who guessed Okarin is the one who stabbed Kurisu

funny that the answer to save Kurisu and the world is actually so simple, nice idea and story
Old 2011-09-20, 07:49   Link #179
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
1. Future Okabe enhanced it ,so it can send larger data.
Wasn't that because Okabe used LHC to create mini black hole and greatly compress the data, like the way time leap works in compressing 3.2TB brain data into 36kb?
Old 2011-11-22, 09:30   Link #180
OkabeRintaro24

i,m very obsessed with makise kurisu.

i,m gonna buy the dvd of steins gate this december...
Closed Thread