AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2004-12-04, 19:27   Link #41
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
As you can see, even if 37,871 persons buys the DVDs (10% of 0.3% of 99.13% the entire Japanese populace), this anime rakes in profit.
Not to mention profits that come from selling additional novels, merchandise, music CD's and such (not all that money goes to the anime creators thoug). And there is always the possibility that an American or other company picks it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STFan
Two more episodes of Maria-sama ga Miteru Spring Season are out!!! OMFG!!! THANK YOU!!!
*goes out and gets wasted*
Hmm for me that would be *watches the ep's, then goes out and gets wasted *

Quote:
Originally Posted by naugth
Well, real or not she looks damn good, so it'd better be real
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 21:48   Link #42
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by naught
that one looks pretty photoshop-ed to me. but one can only hope
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 22:04   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... well it would be good if it was real... maybe it's my skeptical nature but some parts of it doesn't look like Marimite's characteristical drawing... like Kanako's face being a little rounded up, her nose not being as pointy , some parts of the coloring getting out of the outline....

but anyway it serves as a light of hope

Last edited by Proto; 2004-12-04 at 22:19.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 01:13   Link #44
baik!
baik the cow!

Send a message via ICQ to baik!
yup, doesn't look like original work at all. but we can still wistfully dream, can't we?
baik! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 02:26   Link #45
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
that one looks pretty photoshop-ed to me. but one can only hope
Fan art

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cam84600/Mkanamite11.htm
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 09:04   Link #46
wao
OK.

Ah, dangit. It did look mostly official but I doubted it slightly because I wouldn't put the character designer to make a mistake in the leftmost picture where below the waist she seems to get thinner which just looks out of place... also the 3/4 profile looked slightly different from the art style.

It looks quite convincing though, the lines were very clean and the cel shading looked quite professional.

For those that can't understand Japanese that site says that it was fan-made and not official. I think it's the site of the person who made it. Dunno.
Old 2004-12-05, 12:16   Link #47
Lyca

tbh I was really surpised that a second season was made at all, never mind the hope of a OVA or even a 3rd season. I don't feel so bad about the end of a series when I think about it that way. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that there will be more to come.

In the meantime I would like to remind everyone that can afford it to buy the DVD's so at least you know you have supported Mariamite in some way. At the end of the day its money that makes an ongoing series not just fans
Lyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 21:47   Link #48
Proto

Well there was some massive update at the official marimite webpage... however i think it only has to do with a rerelease in March of the 1st season DVD's, and the release dates of the next DVD's of the second season... if my limited Japanese understood it correctly
Old 2004-12-13, 02:06   Link #49
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
Well there was some massive update at the official marimite webpage... however i think it only has to do with a rerelease in March of the 1st season DVD's, and the release dates of the next DVD's of the second season... if my limited Japanese understood it correctly
The DVD that'll be released in March is a 75-minute compilation of the entire first series narrated by Fukuzawa Yumi.

Summary of what's included in that DVD:

1. Special cover art by Matsushima Akira

2. 75-minute compilation of the first season of "Maria-sama ga Miteru" narrated by Fukuzawa Yumi + audio commentaries of the entire eight seiyuu cast members

3. Different "Next Episode" previews, including versions done by the eight members of Yamayurikai, Tsutako-san, Minako-sama, and Mami-san. Compared to the original comical versions, these include serious versions and comical version done by the other casts (the original was done by Sachiko-Yumi duo)

4. Rough sketches and illustration gallery

5. Warning messages by the Yamayurikai members ("please sit back and don't watch too closely to the TV" etc.) + other random menu pictures

6. All TV commercials related to "Maria-sama ga Miteru"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 13:55   Link #50
lordwu

Man, they are really squeezing every bit of cash from marimite fan's wallet. The TV series was already a compact version of the novel and now they are going to do a "summary" version of it. Is this a sign of the show doing well or not well?
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 00:34   Link #51
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Man, they are really squeezing every bit of cash from marimite fan's wallet. The TV series was already a compact version of the novel and now they are going to do a "summary" version of it. Is this a sign of the show doing well or not well?
I think third season of marimite will not be in the near future. I agree with your opinion that marimite sales team is trying to get every penny from their marimite works. At this rate, I wonder whether Geneon USA has a problem to license marimite from them.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 16:29   Link #52
Proto

Maybe you guys are right in the money squeezing part (Latest update of the main page)

Though I have to accept some of those thingies look quite nice.... too bad they don't accept overseas requests
Old 2004-12-18, 03:35   Link #53
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

They will release an image character songs CD in January 2005 according to Geneon Anime Press Jan 2005 booklet.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 15:22   Link #54
Proto

Another update at the main page... the milking season goes on and it's a christmas promotional this time it seems...

PS: And it seems either they screwed up with the post date, or I am the new Rip van Winkle

Last edited by Proto; 2004-12-23 at 15:37.
Old 2005-12-21, 19:35   Link #55
Tsunehiko
J.K.T.

Send a message via AIM to Tsunehiko
Maria-sama ga Miteru Series III OAV

I was wondering if any fansub group has announced that they will take up the new Maria-sama ga Miteru series that's starting next year? If not yet, please do! (^_^)
Tsunehiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 20:48   Link #56
Kuro

I hope it's the same people that did the TV series.

Either way, we have a looong way to go.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 02:08   Link #57
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Thread moved, because:

1) The OVA isn't even out yet, let alone fansubbed
2) There is a Maria-sama ga Miteru forum
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 12:05   Link #58
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

i am now surprised that they spend so much money just for an esp...

which conclude to me that for anime like bleach and naruto, they spended million of dollars to produce it...
friendshipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 23:09   Link #59
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I'm just happy to see there will be an OVA..

I regret not buying the novels when I saw them in Japan... so pretty~ Though it would take me forever to read. ^__^;;

It took me a few minutes going through this thread to realize that I had read through it a long time ago~ @__@;
Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 22:34   Link #60
Razor-X
Human

Responding to some stuff said a year ago.... (stupid forum hack)

I think the reason ~Haru~ didn't receive as much acclaim is because of the change in subject matter. A lot of the first season was much more lighthearted (aside from the excellent Ibari no Mori sub-arc which rose this to my 1-2 top anime slot ^_^). While the first episode of ~Haru~ started out strong (it was a nice recap of the previous series), the series immediately dropped us into the Rose graduation arc. I liked this arc a lot.... but I also thought it was really sad, since I had gotten attached to all the characters. Overall, in my opinion, the drama of ~Haru~ was much more than the first season (the whole ``Yumi's facial expressions'' thing was more-or-less ignored in the ~Haru~, while it gave a nice lighthearted touch in the first season). I loved the drama a lot (I really loved the switch to drama in ~Haru~ ^_^, even if it's a bit on the nice side....) , personally, but I guess it makes it less of an ``entry-level'' anime for those not in Japan (since in Japan, I don't think it's really possible to be entry-level in that, I may be wrong though) and a little off-putting for someone who watches more popular anime (again that's me, I can't guess at non-American cultural values so....). Unfortunately, TV doesen't work like cult books do.... ah well :\. Also, I'm sorry if this came out sounding like a review (you can see my massive Marimite review at AniDB though, totally about 1940 words, a Haru review coming after I finish my finals, and why I'm not studying for them now I don't know!)
Razor-X is offline   Reply With Quote