AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 07:29   Link #1041
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
disagree.... lol
I can't suggest any other seiyuu for Aria......
only Rie can voiced her.....

anyway, enjoy it first... guys!
we do know that there are a lot of potentials in this anime
so watch it until the end.... ^^
So the best way now to get an anime adaptation is to have a twin tailed tsundere loli in your work it seems.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:35   Link #1042
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well okay, it was seen in couple shots as 2ch has discovered in the image above but in highspeed motion like that you hardly pay attention to small details like that.
yep. that's why I said they were hardly noticeable, I didn't even notice it myself... 'till I saw that pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm. Interesting thought. In my opinion, there was something from that scene that was missing, and it was, surprisingly, some pantsu. But don't get me wrong, it would have made sense to show it, but not cause a rift of blatant fanservice by zooming in on it, as if Kinji had super-vision. Showing it from that faraway camera view they used would have been the sensible fanservice, and zooming in on it would be the series-ruining fanservice.
agreed. even if the last sentence is a bit arguable.
Zooming in on it only once for example, I don't think it would have caused that much of a problem.
Zooming in and out on it every damn scene on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
only people obsessed in panchira will even spot that when those two was thrown off from the explosion.
no wonder the pic came from a 2ch poster, right?
Old 2011-04-16, 07:46   Link #1043
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Kinji does have super vision in HSS ^^

I don't think there's anything about him that isn't super, in HSS Oo
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 08:07   Link #1044
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
agreed. even if the last sentence is a bit arguable.
Zooming in on it only once for example, I don't think it would have caused that much of a problem.
Zooming in and out on it every damn scene on the other hand...
A one time zoom, yeah would have helped here since her guns happen to be so close to her pantsu, and it would also have looked like a part of that focus too

But constant zooms, and with a silly sound effect, it would have seriously undermined the type of setting this series has. Say for example, I'm perfectly fine with Rio Rainbowgate's boing boing sound of zoomed in boobies, because it's really one of the series' driving points and its "plot" fits with it nicely
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:06   Link #1045
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Look like a lame and idiotic copy of the great Shakugan no Shana.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:21   Link #1046
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Hmm, your words are short, but sharp and to the point

Though I wonder what could it possibly have in relation to Shana, besides... small girl with familiar voice saves special guy, enters his humble abode, and... did I miss something?

If Aria's gun starts talking with a deep voice, then I'll say okay, but...
Old 2011-04-16, 09:22   Link #1047
tsunade666

^ the story of those two are so different so why does it end up as a copy? Just because of Rie's voice. It's been compared to her other works -_-

Her voice is easily noticeable from each work that ended up as a trade mark. First look at the story before saying a poor copy. The setting and all. It might be a get generic because it's hard to create something original now a days with lots of works published. You can easily spot a similarities.

If I compare the first episode of s1 of shana and Aria episode one. I can say shana kicks the enemy and yuuji is still weak. While Aria = pink and twin tail no similarities at features of shana from the first episode. Because Shana is quite silent when they first met. Kinji is bad ass in Hysteria mode. Can't be even compared to Yuuji which you saw on first episode.

Judging everything from first episode and comparing it.... right -_- great deal.

I don't even see any similarities of IS too. So I can't understand why Aria is the summer IS.
Old 2011-04-16, 09:32   Link #1048
mangatron

^-Hmm hm that's the answer I'm looking for

Quote:
I don't even see any similarities of IS too. So I can't understand why Aria is the spring IS.
And that's something I didn't even want to think about, and yet still don't think about, and yet still wonder the exact same thing, other than the 2 having novels for a source...
Old 2011-04-16, 09:42   Link #1049
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Because a light-hearted action/gunji series is somehow a copy of a relatively dark and melancholic fantasy story.....right, very insightful.

How......wrong......amazing, do critics even know anything about what they are trying to bash these days anymore....

Also, do I smell sarcasm in your "great Shakugan no Shana"?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-16 at 09:57.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:51   Link #1050
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
I don't even see any similarities of IS too. So I can't understand why Aria is the summer IS.
yeah. not so many similarities, I guess. besides... um, TBS X MF Bunko J time slot, harem, ecchi, etc.

btw, as lolitron pointed out, it's spring not summer.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:22   Link #1051
ZeKeR
Superbad

why LOLItron is into Aria is because she be a TWINTAIL (DAMMIT cure that disease already. Himeji's infected as evar and both your fetish will spread AGAIN).

well at least it didnt bore some of the people... (inb4 Hikari is nao smitten by gigolo Kinji lol jk sorry) and there are some lolis that have yet to come into the fray (that part time teacher is present so it means this will reach V3 to V5...
Old 2011-04-16, 10:30   Link #1052
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Are you kidding? You must not have seen many lame openings then. The series KNOWS it's a generic opening and it actually makes fun of itself for doing it. That negates anything "lame" about it.
That's called Lampshade Hanging btw. And no I don't think it was lampshading that. It was certainly lampshading at just how unlikely a girl falling from the sky would be, but it didn't lampshade on how ridiculously lame everything else was. I nearly facepalmed when he shouted "There's a bomb on the bike!"

Last edited by Haak; 2011-04-16 at 10:55. Reason: typo
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:35   Link #1053
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

It would be a sad, sad world if the author had to have Kinji riding an ATV in the middle of a desert before a bomb strapped to be it would be considered 'not lame'.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:37   Link #1054
tsunade666

well there is really a bomb below his seat. he even checked it. But the girl still jumps from the girls dormitory and still getting close to him despite their is a bomb in it.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:43   Link #1055
Midonin
Last Engage

Hate to bring up comparisons to Infinite Stratos again, but this is more from a merchandising perspective. Character songs for the core five girls will be released with the DVDs/Blu-Rays. In order: Aria, Shirayuki, Riko, Reki, Jeanne.

More and more companies are including them with the DVDs instead of actual CDs these days....
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:51   Link #1056
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At the end of the episode I asked myself why nothing made any amount of sense at all, and then I realized I asked myself the same thing when I started with Infinite Stratos, and finally concluded that asking whether the show would make any sense at all is asking the wrong question to begin with.

Here's to hoping that unlike that show it'll have a Charlotee character somewhere along the line to make it more bearable, and not crash and burn near the end of the cour's run.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:04   Link #1057
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

You made a very witty comment and I'm sure that you're very proud of yourself.

Now, could you explain what about the show didn't make sense <3
Old 2011-04-16, 11:07   Link #1058
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How about the fact that they try to reduce crime rates by training children to be mercenaries...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:08   Link #1059
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's called Lampshade Hanging btw. And no I don't think it was lampshading that. It was certainly lampshading at just how unlikely a girl falling from the sky would be, but it didn't lampshade on how ridiculously lame everything else was. I nearly facepalmed when he shouted "There's a bomb on the bike!"
Seriously. The sad thing is that lampshade hanging of the show's initial setup can get overused too, just like any trope. I watched this show right after Denpa Onna. The protagonist of that show lampshades how unlikely his living situation is in the first few minutes of the show. So when I opened up Aria and was immediately greeted by the exact same thing, I facepalmed pretty hard.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:19   Link #1060
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How about the fact that they try to reduce crime rates by training children to be mercenaries...
That's outside the realm of imagination, not insensible.

Please actually state 'what does not make sense.' Something that is completely incongruous, such as, "Why didn't the bomb manic just explode the bomb after the segway was destroyed."

...which will be explained later.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere