AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 06:53   Link #601
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
On a side note, Mr. Biler(?) had a picture of Lynn Minmei. Someone pointed out it was Ranshe, but looking back that definitely looked like Minmei. I guess a diehard fan to what she accomplished in the first war and was hoping to see similarity feats of strength to future generations? Dunno, he's kinda unexplained but it isn't much.
It definitely appears to be Minmay in her DYRL costume, and not Ranshe or Dr. Mao (which I would have thought - or maybe it's another troll like SDF-1 on Gallia IV and that's someone in Minmay cosplay?). Yeah, I wish they'd explained that part better.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:56   Link #602
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
It definitely appears to be Minmay in her DYRL costume, and not Ranshe or Dr. Mao (which I would have thought). Yeah, I wish they'd explained that part better.
Leaning on my theory that Biler was one of the Zentradi that Minmei met through her charity concerts. But Biler's character also opens a story connection for any future macross series, which probably was the point.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:58   Link #603
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just like any Macross story. I think the love triangle plotline would be something like those bishoujo dramas, it would be more appreciable if one thinks less about the complications.

But overall the storyline is quite nice (just like MOST of the other Macross stories).

Anyway does anyone else here, like me, watch it just for the music? Or everyone follows the storyline as well?

P.S Anyway when is the next album release? I never had enough of Macross songs. LION and Northern Cross are both excellent pieces.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:03   Link #604
magnuskn

Well, put me in the 10$ pool for a continuation, not a retelling. This was just too open-ended to not resolve properly. Hell, they never really showed Battle Galaxy getting destroyed, just that last punch by Battle Frontier. And if anybody really thinks Grace is totally gone... ah, weŽll see soon enough.

I want the next Kawamori interview now! ^^
Old 2008-09-26, 07:09   Link #605
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I'm sure he will make a statement in a few days. Fans will chase him till the end of galaxy if he sits on his ass mor then he has to.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 07:12   Link #606
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Sitting on his ass, carressing his hands and going "...Exceelllllleent....." XDDD
Old 2008-09-26, 07:13   Link #607
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
AxS Wedding? LULZ, that's so incredibly cheesy, that sounds like something from lame fan-fiction.
In macross it's perfectly acceptable to have weddings and childrens. Just look at how many childrens that Max and Milia had XD
Old 2008-09-26, 07:15   Link #608
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
In macross it's perfectly acceptable to have weddings and childrens. Just look at how many childrens that Max and Milia had XD
Agreed. One of the things that Macross centralizes is love, so marriages are acceptable. Max and Milia, what a great couple.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:18   Link #609
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Like Ozma says, that's what it's all about. Not lame superdimensional fold networks.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:32   Link #610
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, wait, we already got some feedback from the Macross F staff regarding the ending?
No, I am just saying basically how this entire episode was constructed. Its really there for some last moment appeasement to Ranka fans, so they throw in somethings that did not really make sense.

Especially with how epic Episode 24 set out to be.

But as I said, the board reaction is:

WTF!?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:32   Link #611
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

Episode 25 was overall well balanced, I like open endings, it provokes less withdrawals caused by more definite ending of a show.

In the following movie, my speculation that is, Grace probably makes comeback with manipulation of a different space specie. Remember Grace makes of copies herself?? Which is why she didn't die from activating the black hole episodes back. So the Frontier crews would once again take up defense against new enemy. During which more details will be released in regard Galaxy's haywire developments. Finally, the best ending of the movie would be Ozma's wedding, xD........persuading Alto to make a choice, hence ending the love triangle.....
Old 2008-09-26, 07:36   Link #612
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Like Ozma says, that's what it's all about. Not lame superdimensional fold networks.
If a movie is needed for that then I won't have any objections.

Quote:
Sitting on his ass, carressing his hands and going "...Exceelllllleent....." XDDD
Right now he's probably smirking Gendo Ikari style. Better yet, he's resting in an onsen resort, on an electric massage chair saying "Fools....." Sagara style

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 07:37   Link #613
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Agreed. One of the things that Macross centralizes is love, so marriages are acceptable. Max and Milia, what a great couple.
I would prefer a AxR wedding. Brera can have a relationship with Sheryl (just like how Orange-kun and Sayako have one).
Old 2008-09-26, 07:40   Link #614
anyme

The dissapointed things in this Ep
-Sheryl is slapped ... by Ranka......... (When I watch that Ranka slaps Sheryl ,I feel it's pured revenge.)
-Grace is dead...
-Ranka's song that so fit the battle scene.
-Hime's no voted

The funny things in this EP:
-Ranka's healing magic.
-Sheryl & Ranka hugging like they know that Hime won't choose them (Yeah! Hime love the REAL SKY! Hime choose sky! Sky is the best! )

I have a feeling that someone gonna say "the director want to send the message to Ranka&Sheryl 's fans "Love&Peace" so in the end , Alto x Sky." .........................
.................................................. .................................
No wayssssss! I gonna believe this is his true intention. Love&Peace for both fans is a mask, money is his true face.
If Hime choose one from those two , it won't sale better than choose no one(or both). If he choose then no OVA, no extra money.......

Don't believe "Director loves both characters" "Love&Peace"
Believe that "Everybody loves money" & "OVA"

Maybe SKY= -S-heryl x Ran-k-a -Y-uri

I feel sorry for Mitchel. If his spirit know about the end of the story.....Varja.... even Luca is alive..... I feel really sorry..........
Old 2008-09-26, 07:40   Link #615
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well don't forget Leon, somehow I cannot imagine a smart bastard like him will be in jail for long. I have hopes that he will break out and do some evil things in the upcoming movie.

I sensing a lot of this in this thread.

Hahahahahahah!
Old 2008-09-26, 07:41   Link #616
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Anime is about business, lol. Fan tends to forget that.
Not that it justifies the ending..Kawamori could have done better is all I can say.

Then again, we'll have a movie. So let's just wait and see. X3
Old 2008-09-26, 07:48   Link #617
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
snip.......

Kawamori, I salute you. As a troll, you have achieved immortality.
Once again.....Well Played Kawamori........Well Played.

Old 2008-09-26, 07:49   Link #618
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post

You mean this?
Old 2008-09-26, 07:50   Link #619
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post

Don't believe "Director loves both characters" "Love&Peace"
Believe that "Everybody loves money" & "OVA"
Kawamori can take my money
Just don't it end here!

Overall i think Macross Frontier was very well done. I m usually very pessimistic about sequels especially one based on my childhood favourite. It's probably not the best story or ending but as a macross fan, i m pretty happy with it.

Great songs, memorable characters, interesting love story and OMG, Macross ATTACK x2.

And not to mention how awesome sauce it was to see Koenig Monster rush in and blow off Macross Galaxy's head.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:52   Link #620
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post

You mean this?
I had Mr. Burns in my mind but this one is win too!