AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-30, 19:53   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Kami nomi/TWGOK licensed by Sentai Filmworks

Hooray!

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Towa no Quon, The World God Only Knows (Updated)
Old 2011-09-30, 20:28   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well holy cow, would you look at that. The series is getting localized after all. Well the anime at least.

I won't deny the anime still had a chance to be unlike the manga, but I find it amusing only a few days after discussing this it ends up happening after all.

Guess the number one question now is who the character's English voice actors are going to be...
Old 2011-09-30, 21:18   Link #3
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely some one got this hope it gets dubbed
Old 2011-09-30, 22:47   Link #4
D-Gold
Aurum

Well I plan to get it. I hope sells come out good.
Old 2011-09-30, 23:24   Link #5
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

This is a definate Buy for me, dub or no dub. I do hope it gets a dub even though I love the way Kanae Ito voices Elsee.

Great job Sentai. I hope the OVAs get released too. (even if it's just Crunchyroll doing the OVAs)
Old 2011-10-01, 10:10   Link #6
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Finely some one got this hope it gets dubbed
Since they're releasing the BD of this, it's a really good indicator it's going to be dubbed.
Old 2011-10-01, 14:40   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Awesome news, was waiting for this to get licensed and it finally happened.
Old 2011-10-17, 21:49   Link #8
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Sentai Filmworks Confirms License of The World God Only Knows 2nd Season

So both seasons are licensed, with the first season coming to DVD/BD in January, 2012.
Old 2011-10-17, 23:54   Link #9
Solafighter
Hige

Good news.
Old 2011-10-18, 01:22   Link #10
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It should come out with a free PFP XD.
Old 2011-10-18, 06:56   Link #11
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

If they are going to dub it, who do you think should voice Keima, Elsie and Kanon?

I hope Cristina Vee is the English VA for Kanon.
Old 2011-11-09, 15:37   Link #12
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...knows-dub-cast

Dub finalized:
Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday its English dub cast for its upcoming release of The World God Only Knows television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will release the first season on Blu-ray and DVD in January, with the second season slated to be released later on in 2012.

The dub cast is as follows:

Keima Katsuragi – Chris Patton
Elsie – Luci Christian
Ayumi Takahara – Kaytha Coker
Mio Aoyama – Hilary Haag
Sora Asuka – Melissa Davis
Kanon Nakagawa – Brittney Karbowski
Mari Katsuragi – Shelley Calene-Black
Shiori Shiomiya – Hilary Haag
Miss Nikaido – Elizabeth Bunch
Chihiro Kosaka – Serena Varghese
Morita – Kalob Kartinez
Mio's Father – Chris Hutchison
Mr. Kodama – Chris Ayres
Lime – Serena Varghese
Yuri – Monica Rial

In addition Sentai Filmworks noted that Steven Foster will direct the dub.

Sentai Filmworks had announced that it had licensed the series. The company then confirmed last month that it licensed both seasons of the show.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:57   Link #13
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Dub finalized:
Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday its English dub cast for its upcoming release of The World God Only Knows television anime series. Sentai Filmworks will release the first season on Blu-ray and DVD in January, with the second season slated to be released later on in 2012.

Elsie – Luci Christian
<list snipped to the four biggest roles of the 1st season>

Sentai Filmworks had announced that it had licensed the series. The company then confirmed last month that it licensed both seasons of the show.
Chris Patton was a great choice for Keima. I'm sure his "let me show you something" will be as epic as "not a problem".
I am surprised that Luci got Elsie. Usually Luci voices the tsunderes, but I think she does a good airhead character too. I would have thought Monica Rial would get this role, but Luci can match the charm that Kanae Ito has(well...maybe).
I was hoping Cristina would get Kanon because Kanon sings a lot and Cristina Vee can dub insert songs really well. I take it that the Kanon insert songs are going to remain in Japanese?
I loved Hilary's take on Tessa in FMP, and I hope she can bring her A-game to Shiori, my favorite of the girls that have been animated so far. I know she has big shoes to fill since Shiori's seiyuu is Kana Hanazawa
Old 2011-11-09, 23:17   Link #14
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

HAZAA its getting dubbed and yet again there Luci Christian
Old 2012-01-09, 23:31   Link #15
Sheep_

Rightstuff shipped my copy of The World God Only Knows a bit early and I just got my copy today. So I sat down and re-watched the first season with the dub.

Ok anyone who’s a fan of the manga or watched both seasons of the anime know that season 1 faces some interesting problems. Mainly the fact the pacing is off compared to the early arcs of the manga. Ect ect. Given the fact out of the two seasons, season 1 is a bit weaker due to that problem and the fact the first few eps are spent on intros it takes a bit longer for the dub to get set.

I found my self not digging the voices fully till after Mio’s arc. Which is ep 4 or so, given that the series is short capture arcs getting used to the different girls voices was a bit hard.

Elsie: The dub closely matches the tone of the Japanese, only cutting out her awah~ sounds most of the time. It took till about ep 3 to get used to things and to were it sounded natural.

Keima: Hit or miss right off the bat, lacking the over the top crazy reactions from the Japanese copy fans might feel a little let down. But the English dub treats Keima’s voice with a more serious tone which people might like.

Ayumi: Again hit or miss, given that she is only in one ep during the first season it’s a bit hard to figure out if the voice fits or not. Personally I felt like the voice didn’t match up, sounding a bit to old for the character.

Mio: On par with the Japanese voice, even a bit better I think. Mio’s voice didn’t take any extra time to get used to, it fit right off the bat.

Kanon: Again hit or miss. Kanon’s english voice suffers from the simple fact of the songs not being dubbed. Meaning the track suddenly switches to Japanese when ever a song starts up. It messes with the flow. Over all during the serious scenes her voice fit, other wise it was a bit annoying and didn’t fit as much as it should have.

Shiori: Shiori is the only character that was double cast, meaning Hilary Haag was playing two main characters during the series. You can tell it’s the same voice actor but the tone she took for Shiori was vastly different. If you’ve ever watched Pani Poni Dash and Canaan it was a mix of Becky and Maria. Over all the voice fit and it was a great.

Chihiro: Again due to the fact Chihiro doesn’t speak that much in till season 2 her voice didn’t really click for me. It sounded to high pitched and a little off mark but we’ll see how it goes in season two.

Over all the dub was decent, by all means it followed the translation almost perfect. People who have never watched the anime before will enjoy it while fans can enjoy a different take on character voices.

Is it worth buying? By all means yes, I enjoyed the dub enough to give it some rewatch value, and the sub is very good as well. Mostly following what Crunchyroll used during their stream of the show back in 2010.

Something to watch out for though if you watched the series beforehand, these are the changes I noticed.

- Runaway spirit squad was changed to Loose spirit group
- Kami-sama and Kami-nii-sama was changed to Divine one and Divine brother.
- Along with Exalted brother in some cases.(in a more formal case)
- Elsie’s nickname El-chan was changed to just El, while Elly was kept in use
- Names are kept in Japanese order meaning last, first
- Firetruck was changed to fire engine
- Almost all of Elsie’s awah~ sounds were removed in the dub

Also just a little extra thing, based on the credits at the end of ep 12 and the teaser for season two. Haqua is mostly likely being voiced by Serena Varghese.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:43   Link #16
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Though I certainly hope that they won't genetate enough revenue to air S3....there is an arc that shouldn't be aired at all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-01-10, 12:22   Link #17
Solafighter
Hige

You mean the genderbender arc, Saint?

I havent checked the english dubs, yet. But will some day. Maybe.
Old 2012-01-15, 07:06   Link #18
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
- Runaway spirit squad was changed to Loose spirit group
- Kami-sama and Kami-nii-sama was changed to Divine one and Divine brother.
- Along with Exalted brother in some cases.(in a more formal case)
- Elsie’s nickname El-chan was changed to just El, while Elly was kept in use
- Names are kept in Japanese order meaning last, first
- Firetruck was changed to fire engine
- Almost all of Elsie’s awah~ sounds were removed in the dub
So basically they use the same terminology as Crunchyroll. Okay, I can accept that... Though I do think "Loose spirit" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Runaway spirit", and "Fire engine" strikes me as a somewhat odd choice of words...

Oh, but what about Keima's title? Capturing God? God of Conquest? Or something else entirely?
Old 2012-01-16, 11:00   Link #19
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Dub finalized:

Elsie – Luci Christian
Ayumi Takahara – Kaytha Coker
Mio Aoyama – Hilary Haag
Sora Asuka – Melissa Davis
Mari Katsuragi – Shelley Calene-Black
Miss Nikaido – Elizabeth Bunch
Chihiro Kosaka – Serena Varghese
Morita – Kalob Kartinez
Mio's Father – Chris Hutchison
Mr. Kodama – Chris Ayres
Lime – Serena Varghese
Yuri – Monica Rial

omg, this got a dub? snap
Old 2012-01-20, 12:55   Link #20
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Though I certainly hope that they won't genetate enough revenue to air S3....there is an arc that shouldn't be aired at all.
Somehow, I don't think they'll manage to get that arc even with an S3, assuming that it's still one course (they'll get as far as Sumire at best)
Closed Thread