3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-01, 20:06   Link #121
tenchir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's not that they don't, but the fact of the matter is that they can't prepare or do much about him at the moment. The Garrison can only deal with the immediate problem especially since there is no longer a luxury of time.

And blowing their heads off with his fists.
It's possible that all titan that is Eren's size is that strong, but only Eren knows how to take advantage of that strength because of his hand to hand combat training or that the strength of a titan magnified that hook technique. The power from that impact was such that it took out his hand too.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:08   Link #122
Veviticus

I'd say the biggest reason is because other titans lack intelligence.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:13   Link #123
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir View Post
It's possible that all titan that is Eren's size is that strong, but only Eren knows how to take advantage of that strength because of his hand to hand combat training or that the strength of a titan magnified that hook technique. The power from that impact was such that it took out his hand too.
I think that might have more to do with Eren's weird regenerate rate than the Titan that's hit imo.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:48   Link #124
larethian

Overall relatively slow episode, though not without any merit for that. Best part was of course when Levi came in and kick ass!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:46   Link #125
hyper_oats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir View Post
I assumed he is so powerful is because he knows hand to hand combat compared to dumb titans. He does things that normal titan doesn't do such as biting down on a titan and using it as a weapon.
Towards the end of his killing spree, he got completely dog-piled by other titans. After he saw the one that murdered Thomas, he ended up breaking free and destroyed the rest through sheer physical power. This was when he was almost out of steam, stopped regenerating and had no arms. Eren's titan form is definitely much stronger than regular titans.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:38   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
You know guys.... I was so excited that Eren was able to plug the "hole".... that I forgot.... we're still far from their house.....LOls
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:27   Link #127
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Getting tired of the anime reminding us over and over the losses humanity is suffering and the horror of war. 13 episodes in, we get it. Otherwise I would have given it a 10. The animation, stills, music, etc did not bother me one bit. Then again, I don't nitpick things to death. I don't have that kind of free time, nor do I care about the little things as much as others do. I was entertained, and felt chills when Eren plugged that hole in the wall with the boulder. Humanity's first victory against the Titans. I felt it.
Old 2013-07-02, 19:49   Link #128
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

9/10 Excellent episode.

A bit predictable with Eren carrying the boulder got with no hitch and lives will be sacrificed. Good that finally Levi and Eren meet. Also we get some good character development on Jean. Not reading the manga so i dunno what's what yet later. Either way we need more Mikasa and Shasha.
Old 2013-07-03, 10:11   Link #129
Crassa
Streamline

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THIS IS IT! Full of suspense, the chills and my eyes almost POPS OUT every single time something happens! Just an epic episode, the best so far and it truly is breathtaking! Cmon Kyojin! Show Eren what you got! Gosh when Levi took a liking to Eren I was like OH MY GGOHHHDDD, this is what I'm talking about! Just plain amazing.
Old 2013-07-03, 10:31   Link #130
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Budget allocation isn't in shambles. They just don't have enough personnel to animate all the stuff. But simply speaking, shouldn't they have finished animating the ENTIRE series before it started airing? I can't believe they are still recruiting animators as we speak.
WHAT!?!?!? WHAT? WHAHAT? Yo i knew the series was released a tad too early for its summer run but for them to rush the series out before it even finished production? This isn't even a storyboard series for starters, what the hell are they doing?
Old 2013-07-03, 11:10   Link #131
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I see what people are saying about the stills and the low-quality animation in some spots, but it honestly didn't bother me much. It's probably because, as I'm watching it, it typically comes off as an artistic choice moreso than a necessary cost-cutting measure. In other words, I feel like the stills are there to sort of "capture the moment", and add a certain "Oomph!" to the drama/suspense of the moment. I also felt that all of that weird coloration around Titan!Eren's feet was meant to represent how Titan!Eren was badly straining to keep the giant boulder above his head, and that his legs could go out at any moment.

So while these are cost-cutting measures, no doubt, I also think the anime generally does a good job of doing so creatively and in a way that minimizes harm to the overall presentation.

That being said, there's no excuse, none whatsoever, for this anime to have a recap episode next episode. This anime spends so much time on recaps virtually every episode. You'd have to be intentionally not paying attention in order to need a recap episode to fully catch you up on the plot.

Anyway, a very good conclusion to this arc. But the one thing I don't get is why, in the aftermath of this battle, Eren is getting treated like scum (and even called that). So the dude is the most integral part of humanity's first major victory over the Titans, and for his troubles/successes, he gets treated like complete and utter crap. I know this is to up the character drama and whatnot, but it's just very facepalm-worthy to me. I could kinda understand the fear and loathing of Titan!Eren before this episode, but not now. Not when he successfully completed the mission. He definitely shouldn't be dragged into a dungeon and treated like crap by people that are complete strangers to him.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:15   Link #132
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
WHAT!?!?!? WHAT? WHAHAT? Yo i knew the series was released a tad too early for its summer run but for them to rush the series out before it even finished production? This isn't even a storyboard series for starters, what the hell are they doing?
That is not true. As Klashikari and I stated production of anime show is typicially done during it's boardcast. It's fairly rare for the opposite to happen.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 13:12   Link #133
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Anyway, a very good conclusion to this arc. But the one thing I don't get is why, in the aftermath of this battle, Eren is getting treated like scum (and even called that). So the dude is the most integral part of humanity's first major victory over the Titans, and for his troubles/successes, he gets treated like complete and utter crap. I know this is to up the character drama and whatnot, but it's just very facepalm-worthy to me. I could kinda understand the fear and loathing of Titan!Eren before this episode, but not now. Not when he successfully completed the mission. He definitely shouldn't be dragged into a dungeon and treated like crap by people that are complete strangers to him.
To be fair, I think it was just Levi being an arsehole and I think that's just more due to his personality and his similarly obsessive hatred for Titans. The other guy, I think, was being fairly straightforward. Eren may have been chained and in a prison cell, but I'd say it's kinda reasonable to take those precautions. If they really wanted to be dicks, they wouldn't have put the effort to give him such a decent bed.

I can imagine people being dumb about Eren being a Titan, just to prop up some drama though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:39   Link #134
Veviticus

The humans have been living in fear for 100 years though. People are not that forgiving. If you look at real life, there are still people holding grudges because of what others ancestors have done. To me, it didn't seem like Levi treated Eren that badly. Sure he called Eren a scum, but that was before he had a conversation with him and knew what Eren's intentions were. Once he knew which side Eren was on, he asked Eren to join his team. The 'betray us and I'll kill you' is normal for everyone.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 06:55   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nice insert song
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 16:45   Link #136
woxx

Great series, great episode, but BUDGET issues was a bit painful...
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 03:54   Link #137
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Great series, great episode, but BUDGET issues was a bit painful...
Again its not budget issues they have TONS OF MONEY well by anime standards at least.The issue is being understaffed. And probably poor time management starting the series to early, Trying to do the whole series in one go with no break.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:43   Link #138
s07195
However,

Great episode. I did notice a few inconsistencies throughout the episode, such as Annie's sudden appearance, but it didn't really bother me that much.

And so now the humans have regained Trost. And with that the second wall. Will the next episodes focus on Eren training his Titan form to pick up rocks for huge distances? They seemed to imply that they would try and use a similar way to regain the lost parts of the city, so that they can also get to Eren's house.
Old 2013-07-16, 07:28   Link #139
Zeydra
A random passerby

I'm late to the party but I finally got around to watching this and just want to voice my general and likely highly unoriginal thoughts.

I would normally rate an episode that was this awesome a straight ten, but alas I for once will have to knock my score down a bit because of the stills. Normally they seem to use them in an artistic choice sort of way, but the one with Annie just clearly was done because the animation wasn't complete and ended up just breaking the immersion of the scene for me, and given the amount of time that was built up and was effectively the climax of Jean's misadventure it just rubs me up the wrong way. I would have been fine with stills being used for any part of that, but using some jarring stills followed by a drastic cut of venue is not on. Even a few stills of Annie saving Jean would have been preferable to what we got.

Complaints aside I loved everything else about the episode. Finally getting to see Levi in more than just an action sequence was really nice, as was the hole finally being plugged. Nice to finally hear Call your name get used as well, I was beginning to wonder when that was going to be played. All up a very nice episode and what I assume is an end to the Trost defence arc.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 14:05   Link #140
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The composition for this episode was quite outstanding, as it definitely gives justice to this part of the story, that is the battle of trost.

But as mentioned already, this episode unfortunately suffered a -lot- of its budget constrain, to the point it is ironically the episode with the best animated sequence, but also the worst in term of animation recycling stunts.

In order:
TL;DR…
breakthrough of ep13 specific budget saving portions
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If you factor also the other "usual" still frames we had with this episode, it sure 5-6 min of recycling stuff.

The execution of the episode managed to dampen the technical issues, but considering the actual content of the episode and the few animation burst (Jean's escape, Mikasa's strike, Eren's arrival, Miko's strike), it became a tad too obvious to the point it was sort of disrupting.

I can't help but worry quite a bit, as I don't think a recap episode will help the animators to catch up the series pace (which was slowed down big time already), and considering the budget allocation thus far is a bit in shambles, the second half might suffer more in the long run.
That's very unfortunate.

The stuff at 14:16-15:04 with all of the frame freezing and glitching made me cringe really hard. Didn't realize the entire episode was plagued with budgeting.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote