AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 31.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-25, 14:28   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sakurasou, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-25, 17:46   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No preview yet? Suspicious suspicious...
Old 2012-11-25, 19:02   Link #3
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No preview yet? Suspicious suspicious...
It's been uploaded for a few days,was waiting for the thread to be created to post it

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So we got promised a swimsuit episode but the preview shows none
Old 2012-11-25, 19:46   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

So we got promised a swimsuit episode but the preview shows none
Plenty of doki-doki as well as kyun
Old 2012-11-26, 05:42   Link #5
tsunade666

What's that paper that Sorata is reading?
Old 2012-11-26, 07:02   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's that paper that Sorata is reading?
There's seem to be a couple of papers
Old 2012-11-26, 11:59   Link #7
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Spoiler for Great ep:
Old 2012-11-26, 12:05   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-11-26, 14:08   Link #9
tsunade666

absolute wonderful episode.

A train wreck at the middle of the episode but its been forgotten at the end. Such beautiful fireworks and directing. This kind of stuff really suit JC staff.

Spoiler:

Tsunderes are troublesome with their feelings. Nanami really need to settle this or else Mashiro would left her behind.
Old 2012-11-26, 14:38   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with others' comments: wonderful episode. Sorata's loving relationships with both Mashiro and Nanami were nice. But the great thing was the gang of misfits rescuing Sorata from depression and helping him stand up and try again. The pool and (especially) fireworks scenes were glorious: Mashiro in the sky against a background of fiery stars.

The episode seemed to flow beautifully to me, and was another ep that was over before I expected it to be. I checked the staff and discovered (a) that the ep was written by Hanada Jukki (Rozen Maiden, Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou); (b) that main director Ishizuka Atsuko was involved in the storyboarding; and (3) that the episode director was Ikehata Takashi (director of Genshiken and Potemayo, of many eps of Crayon Shin-chan, and of dozens of anime episodes going back to the mid-1980s).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-26, 14:56   Link #11
bastek66

Mashiro's jump along with fireworks made that episode perfect for me.

Last edited by bastek66; 2012-11-27 at 07:36.
Old 2012-11-26, 22:25   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As expected, they combined both the pool arc and Kanda's interview together into one episode and it worked out fantastically Some minor changes and rearrangement but it came out so much better at the end than when the two stories were separated This episode had something for everyone- Romcom for shippers, drama/angst for the masochists, and fanservices for the perverts

Romcom - I really couldn't pick a favorite girl this episode, both of them really cared about Sorata in their own way
Drama - I wonder how many people got flashbacks to their first interviews
Fanservice - NO PANTSU NO LIFE!

Next week is Rita's debut! And along with Rita, that means a certain someone would appear at last!
Old 2012-11-26, 22:28   Link #13
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Next week is Rita's debut! And along Rita that means a certain someone would appear at last!
*Licks lips*

That will be perfect.
Old 2012-11-26, 22:39   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now this was back to the good stuff.

I really enjoyed the ups and downs of the episode for Sorata. There was plenty of fun with the romance side of it with the girls reacting in their own way to Sorata's interview dilemma.

Just loved Mashiro replacing the charm that apparently didn't get the job done. I'm not sure how effective one that says "easy childbirth" will be, but you never know . Really was a case where the feelings were what really mattered. Twice Mashiro went out by herself to try and support Sorata (I assume the second charm came from a second trip). She had things coming up as well with her meeting regarding serialization, but it wasn't the only thing she was focusing on. Quite the effective scene with her jumping with the fireworks lighting up the sky.

Glad in the end Sorata was able to just keep on moving forward. Reacting like that just shows how much he cares and he just has to keep on trying.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:10   Link #15
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Had a feeling Sorata would fail from the beginning, but didn't think he'd explode like that. Lol nopan Nanami. Mashiro's jump when the fireworks started was my favorite part. Leave it the gang to cheer him up. Oh man Rita seems like even more trouble.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:45   Link #16
sikvod00

Oh, man what another strong and poignant episode. That security guard's voice was so dope too!
Old 2012-11-26, 23:45   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fat cats are one of my favorite source of lolz, but what's with that growl right before the OP ?!
Old 2012-11-26, 23:50   Link #18
jedinat

Am I the only one completely bored/annoyed by mundane dilemmas like worrying about your future/working towards a successful future/getting ready and practicing for presentations, etc.. I mean, this is the stuff I avoid like the plague in real life. *paused halfway through the episode to complain*

The first episode of the series was really misleading, lol. Thought I would really like this series. I mean it's okay, but not really my thing a lot of the time.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:55   Link #19
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Am I the only one completely bored/annoyed by mundane dilemmas like worrying about your future/working towards a successful future/getting ready and practicing for presentations, etc.. I mean, this is the stuff I avoid like the plague in real life. *paused halfway through the episode to complain*
That's the point of the series. It has sure realism on it. Coming of age, success and failure. Making your dream come true and romance in life.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:02   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Had a feeling Sorata would fail from the beginning, but didn't think he'd explode like that. Lol nopan Nanami. Mashiro's jump when the fireworks started was my favorite part. Leave it the gang to cheer him up. Oh man Rita seems like even more trouble.
Maybe he wouldn't have blown up like htat if he hadn't made it through the first phase. But at that point his hopes had been raised and he'd been working with everyone to perfect his speech. Then he gets hit by a surprise question, freezes up, and blows it. All that effort and all that support for a time felt completely wasted. Then he just felt like he'd resent Mashiro's success in getting serialized even though she was supporting him as much as anyone. Didn't want to go down the road of resenting her success.

Was prepared for failure in the first phase, but once you start having hope...it's a perfect place for huge disappointment.

Good times though to cheer him up. Nopan Nanami was hilarious. As was the fact that Mashiro's leap pretty well exposed herself to the whole group .