AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-09, 04:32   Link #1
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Lacus Seed mode ?

I know this question may have been asked already I just want to confirm it.
Does Lacus really have a SEED mode? In Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny you can see a change in her color eyes is that really SEED mode?
How come we didn't see the animation of her going SEED?
Official informations would be most welcomed and please feel free to discuss about it
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 04:44   Link #2
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Damn, Lacus is so lame she needs seed mode just to sit on her ass and do nothing?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 08:39   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

She indeed has seed mode - aparantly so she could worry about Kira at an increased intensity, because otherwise it does nothing.
Old 2006-09-09, 08:59   Link #4
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Yes. Her having SEED is actually very vital to the storyline, and would explain a lot of her actions.

Do you find it strange that out of all the people in the world, Kira happens to rescue someone like Lacus? Never fear, this is the most important event in Gundam SEED history!

SEED is heavily influenced by the prescience powers described in Dune(which I do not recommend unless you are strong in the Force..). The SEED mode user’s eyes look weird, the prescience spice user’s eyes look weird; SEED users can chart the future (most fitting explanation for SEED mode behavior, and Lacus’s seemingly outlandish influence), so can the prescient few. SEED users are present at the right place at the right time. But most importantly, both has to do with the theme of human evolution (as a rule, this is a new age thing, and every new age thing must have Dune references. Fukuda is probably Dune fluent), which is the path of salvation for humanity. (new age thing again) Think it is childish to predict a warm and fuzzy future just because some evil guy got killed and a cease fire reached? Of course it is! But behold, the God Child is soon to come to lead everyone to the Promised Land. (new age theme again) Remember Dully and his genetic prediction powers remarked on the significance of Lacus meeting Kira, he just got pwnt by the hand that guides SEED, the ultimate matchmaker!

So Gundam SEED is actually a bene gesserit breeding program gone wrong/right, which is outlandish but entertaining to watch. This underlying storyline does not need much development or even reference, just that this is the direction things are going.

Kira: You get all the babes, and I’m stuck with Lacus.
Athrun: What’s wrong with Lacus?
Kira: Nothing, but the director doesn’t let me touch her.
Director: :laughs like a evil maniac: Never fear! The whole series is about you two doing it! Why do you think we have nekkid Lacus in every intro???
Everyone except Malcio: O.O
Malcio: Muhahahhaa, I am the mastermind behind everything!

Lacus’s seed mode is probably more special than others, since her prescience is pretty strong. Looking at the way she contains emotion, shows that she is mature beyond her age. This is explained by being able to see the future in some degree.

Of course, her having the SEED and being the queen mother of humanity makes her character seem too uber godly and unapproachable, but she is a very loving and caring girl with a lot of feelings. The Dune-ish storyline in SEED is an underlying stream, it is not the main point, although it does direct overall events.

btw what's wrong with sitting there looking pretty? “It” looks pretty and interesting. >_>
Lacus can do certain things, she can’t do other things, there is no point in asking her to do what she can’t do, and what she can do she does in the most elegant and lovely manner.

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-09-09 at 11:50.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 09:46   Link #5
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Damn, Lacus is so lame she needs seed mode just to sit on her ass and do nothing?
I don't know, you can pretty much say the same about Murre, Talia, Dully and a whole bunch of other fleet commanders... (Not to mention Cagali, ugh, what have they done to her)

Anyway, in all seriousness, Lacus -does- go SEED in games like Generation C.E. and in Alliance vs. ZAFT.

And beyond heightened reflexes and strength, I am not so sure if I would agree with anselfir that it'd allow them to chart the future

- Tak (Dune was a great book The first one anyway, the rest just went down the drain...)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 10:12   Link #6
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

SEED strenghens you in numerous ways : making you faster ,stronger and more intelligent.Then what triggers that mode? Strong emotions like the will to protect and survive for Kira , anger for Shin , I'm not so sure about Athrun and Lacus maybe worriness about Kira for Lacus .
I also think that the background is important all the characters have a tragic past they have lost people who were dear to them parents for Lacus and Athrun sister for Shin friends and parents for Cagalli.
Then doesn't that raise another question I mean all these characters have entered SEED mode once and have no problem entering it again except for Cagalli is it because she is a natural?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 11:34   Link #7
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Well, the prescience in SEED is not user operated, so Lacus can't see the future, she just has to be at the right place at the right time. It has to do with the hidden charisma thing. She can feel certain things and move accordingly, but cannot see as in seeing events unfold. A peculiar sense of intuition.

Cagalli -> Alia?

Dune had too much new age crap, especially towards the end it reads like a voodoo summoning guide or something.
Old 2006-09-09, 11:42   Link #8
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
Well, the prescience in SEED is not user operated
Actually, its pretty much proven that Kira, Athrun and Shinn are all able to go seed on their will. While Lacus and Cagali may require 'situations'.

I don't see the Dune connection here, I see more Dragonball here than I see Dune

- Tak (Now, Yzak on SEED...)
Old 2006-09-09, 11:43   Link #9
anselfir
Style Über Alles

That is not what i meant. They may go into SEED mode, but they cannot see the future in so clear a way while in that mode. They may have heightened intuitions and such. But come on, everything that has to do wtih genetics and human evolution must have Dune references. >_>

What are the dragonball connections, I forgot all about that series now.
Old 2006-09-09, 12:22   Link #10
tritoch

heh

Lacus only goes into seed mode when Kira is getting pawned so she can yell "kira.." and Kira goes super god god mode.

[sarcasm]

Anything to do with Evolution must have DARWIN references.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 12:26   Link #11
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Darwin isn't that amazing really. Evolution in popular culture is more mysticism than anything.

Anyways read Dune and you'll see what i'm talking about.
Old 2006-09-09, 12:44   Link #12
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
That is not what i meant. They may go into SEED mode, but they cannot see the future in so clear a way while in that mode. They may have heightened intuitions and such. But come on, everything that has to do wtih genetics and human evolution must have Dune references. >_>

What are the dragonball connections, I forgot all about that series now.
Huh? Nobody ever said they could see the future, nor did they ever made any implications on that matter.

I still don't see Dune connections here. None of the Dune characters can suddenly transform into a 'mode' that'd give them uber-powers Since they are already (at least in the book's context) in that state of mind.

And Aila is KOOKOO! Psycho! Freak! Ok?!

Its similar to Dragonball because when Goku first learned SSJ, he done it through mixed emotions. Later on, he does it at will.

- Tak
Old 2006-09-09, 12:56   Link #13
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Dune is about molding history through prescience/genetics. Kinda like the destiny plan in a way. The existence of the SEED thing introduces "evolutionary paths" for humanity. There will be one path for lacus/athrun, another for lacus/kira, and so on. This is a heavy dune reference.

The SEED thing is not really about power, although it is portrayed and generalized that way. SSJ doesn't give you any special abilities otehr than power, but SEED is different. Not everyone possesses the SEED, and those who do are "destined" to be special.

For Dune, not everyone can have prescience, and there is the spice. Of course Dune doesn't explain the spice or the prescience, but they exist and are related. For Dune characters, even the special ones, prescience doesn't come full on naturally, they need the spice.

sidenote on alia, her character is totally wacked by the need to make the "experience passes on through genes" bs special. That was the worst element of the dune books.
Old 2006-09-09, 13:34   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I dont think that anyone who poses SEEd are special.

Ok, Kira/Athrun/Shinn can obliterate entire armies (tho they probably can do it even without it )

Ok, Lacus is a goddes, nothing to add

And here comes the exception - Cagali. She is worthless without it, she is worthless with it.

The first 4 characters indeed are special, but there is nothing special about Cagali. But then again she is a Natural, so who knows.

As far as we can tell SEED simply adds imba reflexes and reaction time
Old 2006-09-09, 13:39   Link #15
Tak

Yes, but Dune is about molding history though selected genetics. Unlike the Destiny plan, which targets everyone.

The Bene Gesserit only wish to maintain a small cadre of the elite in order to manipulate things from behind. A Destiny-plan like program is actually what the Bene Gesserit wanted to avoid.

And at this moment, all SEED grants is power. We have no proof right now of what other special abilities are associated with SEED. I suppose you can go to an extent and state that there is limited telepathic ability between Lacus and Kira, but that'd be a huge stretch

And, as you said, Dune characters needed spice to become 'special'. SEED characteres require a catalyst by situation, and afterwards, will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall

The first 4 characters indeed are special, but there is nothing special about Cagali. But then again she is a Natural, so who knows.
Cagali is Natural?

- Tak (Oh, and I like Dune, the Book. Yes, the first and only Dune, not any of its supposed sequels!)
Old 2006-09-09, 14:04   Link #16
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Cagali is Natural?
apparently she is Natural, she is born in orb and the leader of orb.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 14:25   Link #17
Tak

Being born in ORB does not mean a thing. If going by your definition, then Kira is a Natural too, because he was not born in PLANT and is an ORB citizen.

ORB allows Naturals and Coordinators to co-exist in peace, nothing more, nothing less.

- Tak (I don't suppose I need to remind you that Cagali can go SEED?)
Old 2006-09-09, 14:31   Link #18
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There is no proof that only coordinators can go SEED. But in all honesty we can only speculate wether Cagali is Natural or not as far as i know. I just assume she is for some reason :P
Old 2006-09-09, 14:34   Link #19
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Uzumi says Cagalli is a Natural in SEED. He says "Cagalli is a Natural, while Kira here is a Coordinator." Remember, Cagalli, was born naturally, while Kira was removed from their mother for the Ultimate Coordinator Project.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 14:35   Link #20
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
There is no proof that only coordinators can go SEED. But in all honesty we can only speculate wether Cagali is Natural or not as far as i know. I just assume she is for some reason :P
On a second thought, maybe you are right. Although I have yet to see a Natural going SEED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Uzumi says Cagalli is a Natural in SEED. He says "Cagalli is a Natural, while Kira here is a Coordinator." Remember, Cagalli, was born naturally, while Kira was removed from their mother for the Ultimate Coordinator Project.
That may be true. However, even Uzumi knew little of Cagali's anatomy (or the extent of his 'daughter's' abilities). I presume experienments were commenced on both Cagali and Kira while they were in the womb, except Kira was taken for the purpose of advacing into the 'next' stage.

Or maybe she is natural. Then again, her SEED mode is... completely worthless at this point.

- Tak