AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 09:53   Link #7821
madmac

Quote:
Until then, we get 2-3 in-story weeks of random character development and character-based chapters for secondary characters. And with each chapter taking up about a day...
This was probably the plan, yeah. I think he's just running out of filler ideas at this point.

As for a timeline, the last "story" arc ended on May 22nd. 300-302 would have been the 23rd, and 303-308 are all about one day each. Last chapter was a school day, so we're probably around May 31st at this point.

That leaves a little less then two weeks until the flashforward, but ugh. I'm kinda hoping we skip ahead a little soon. That said, we don't really know what this weeks chapter is about other then excessive Maria fanservice and Hata poking fun at himself.

Quote:
He's already shown Nagi upset at the end of the timeskip, so she obviously fails in some way. There's no need to show her doing her best and everything up until then if you know she's going to fail, because that'd only crush her spirit. By not really trying and then feeling the weight of failure, it might push her to actually try at something instead of assuming it'll all work out.
This is also a good point. Judging from the flashforward June 12th will be more of a stepping point in Nagi's character development then any sort of conclusion.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 13:11   Link #7822
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's already shown Nagi upset at the end of the timeskip, so she obviously fails in some way. There's no need to show her doing her best and everything up until then if you know she's going to fail, because that'd only crush her spirit. By not really trying and then feeling the weight of failure, it might push her to actually try at something instead of assuming it'll all work out.
Erm.. Nagi doesn't have to lose, it's not even close to implied that she does, to curse Luca like she does in the flash forward. Nagi and Luca could have teamed up and won, just in an unexpected way, to cause such a reaction.
I'm willing to wait and see how things are going to play out, even if it does mean more filler chapters.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:37   Link #7823
Shadow5YA

I find HnG littered more with random slice of life chapters filled with 4th wall breaking and references than I do with actual plot. I don't think I remember anything important happening other than meeting every character and Hayate's past and present with Athena.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:55   Link #7824
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I find HnG littered more with random slice of life chapters filled with 4th wall breaking and references than I do with actual plot. I don't think I remember anything important happening other than meeting every character and Hayate's past and present with Athena.
Um.. HnG is about those randome slice of life, fourth wall breaking and references. That's what it's always been about.

The meetings with Athena were the variant of the series.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:07   Link #7825
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Maybe it's because the plot only followed Athena so far, so there wasn't really anything important or serious happened besides Athena's story. And, the chapters with Athena is a fraction of the random slice of life chapters, which consisted of many other characters.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 19:57   Link #7826
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
As for a timeline, the last "story" arc ended on May 22nd. 300-302 would have been the 23rd, and 303-308 are all about one day each. Last chapter was a school day, so we're probably around May 31st at this point.

That leaves a little less then two weeks until the flashforward, but ugh. I'm kinda hoping we skip ahead a little soon. That said, we don't really know what this weeks chapter is about other then excessive Maria fanservice and Hata poking fun at himself.
I hope we flash forward soon too. Izumi's birthday is June 21st, and the quicker we finish this manga-battle arc crap, the sooner we can get her again.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 20:17   Link #7827
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Lol...He should take a break for some thought gathering...
Hmmm... this makes me think. Has Hata ever done one of those "brb gathering ideas" type of break? If he has, I cannot seem to recall.
Old 2011-02-21, 20:20   Link #7828
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmmm... this makes me think. Has Hata ever done one of those "brb gathering ideas" type of break? If he has, I cannot seem to recall.
I think he has some 'stock' chapters, so that it's only if we look closely that we notice.

I believe Wataru's arc of the Golden Week adventure was this, used because Hata was actually too sick to come up with new material.

Old 2011-02-21, 20:34   Link #7829
Used Can

Oh... I think that makes sense. It's also a better move than just taking a break, I think.

Hell, I still remember the CLAMP team getting a break every 5 issues with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Hell... that was annoying.
Old 2011-02-21, 21:43   Link #7830
GlassesLady
dat apple

I'm getting the feeling some of the fandom would rather Hata took a break and came back to the main plot, though. I'm kinda starting to agree.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 22:43   Link #7831
Used Can

It'd be the same, though. If he already had these chapters prepared in advance as a just in case, then that means he's probably taking a break right now.

But I think he's brought this upon himself for adding to many elements on one single arc.
The whole deal with Luca and Yozora already seemed fishy, and then, to boot he added Athena, who is pretty much Miss Plot Device. And then he's put a bunch of characters living together. I think it's just too much for one arc.
Old 2011-02-22, 01:22   Link #7832
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
It'd be the same, though. If he already had these chapters prepared in advance as a just in case, then that means he's probably taking a break right now.

But I think he's brought this upon himself for adding to many elements on one single arc.
The whole deal with Luca and Yozora already seemed fishy, and then, to boot he added Athena, who is pretty much Miss Plot Device. And then he's put a bunch of characters living together. I think it's just too much for one arc.
I think the Athena/Alice plot arc was forced on him by the executives, since Athena is the second most popular character of the story. Things seemed to be headed somewhere until she decided to show up, out of the blue rather.

Things with Luca and Yozora you could see hints to further events, but Alice doesn't seem to have any, and seems to be countering her own motives besides.

Old 2011-02-22, 03:09   Link #7833
Used Can

Yeah, even though she's my favourite character, I've got to admit her appearance in this arc came, basically, out of nowhere, especially when the plot with Luca had just started to move. It's funny because she showed up on the same chapter in which we got the popularity polls, if I remember correctly.

At first, I thought she'd be related to this arc's plot, but seeing the current chapters, I'm starting to have doubts on that. Hopefully, Hata will prove me wrong, but well, we'll have to see, I guess.

Well, it isn't as if Alice has done much either. In fact, one could either argue she's done nothing to affect the plot so far.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:54   Link #7834
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Well, it isn't as if Alice has done much either. In fact, one could either argue she's done nothing to affect the plot so far.
I don't think she had or could since Hata even admitted that he's lost with this arc currently (?). I hope that he already had plans for Alice, and didn't introduced her for the fans, since he did say that Alice's appearance was coincidental with the result of the poll. Anyway, with the three months period to level up in the Hata Universe, it will take eternity for Alice to be able to do something meaningful...(Hope I'm wrong)
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 19:41   Link #7835
pampz21
ShipCore

wow!!! nice chapter!!
Then I started re-reading it! and I think its ending is half-half!
and Nagi will be A-tan and Hayate's adopted child!

cuz I just Hate incest plot!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 19:56   Link #7836
GlassesLady
dat apple

... Wait, what?
Hayate and Nagi aren't related, if that's what you're saying.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 22:19   Link #7837
pampz21
ShipCore

hmmm.... we still don't know~~ tee hee~
there are many clues that was given so who knows? its just a base assumption!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 03:50   Link #7838
Used Can

Well, as expected, Isumi showed up in the latest chapter. So, with this chapter, Hata has shown even single heroine in this arc.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:50   Link #7839
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
If we find that the picture is true, but the words on the side of the picture tell us something completely different, which are we to believe?
But the words do say that...
Old 2011-02-23, 13:04   Link #7840
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Well, as expected, Isumi showed up in the latest chapter. So, with this chapter, Hata has shown even single heroine in this arc.
does this mean we can move on now?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen