AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Old 2010-07-31, 18:39   Link #141
vash.san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Contractors are actually quite capable of feeling emotions, but tend to have a mindset where they think in the most logical and rational way possible to benefit themselves. Some of course are cold and almost emotionless while others seem to have real personalities. As for Amber, her feelings for Hei are really quite strong which may have been enough.

I agree that contractors are very much capable of feeling emotions! They're capable of having a baby and caring for it...like we saw on the OVA
vash.san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 22:17   Link #142
Hayde

Hey there,

I looked around the forums to see if this was posted yet, and was unable to find anything. There's been a particular excerpt from New Type magazine featuring DTB floating around from I believe, the July edition. The rumor mill on other forums is that it mentions a sequel, but none of the readers (even the poster) seemingly knows a lick of Japanese, and neither do I.

Anyhow, the picture is from here: http://img713.imageshack.us/f/1280438368011.jpg/

It was originally posted on here: http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5714.html

I waited a few weeks to see if anyone proficient in Japanese was able to give us a heads-up on what was being discussed here. I'm not holding my hopes too high considering the director said he had no intentions of a season 3 a while back, but I was hoping to find someone here who could roughly translate what it's about.

Thanks for your time! ~
Hayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 23:55   Link #143
MCD

http://godspeedotaku.blogspot.com/20...blog-post.html
MCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 16:05   Link #144
Hayde

Thanks for the translation

Keeping my fingers crossed for this...!
Hayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:15   Link #145
xtrablu
Black Knight

Since I haven't watched DTB in quite a while, my question to this thread is: Exactly what happened to Amber, did she quit to exist only in the human world or is she gone from everywhere forever?
Old 2010-12-15, 01:03   Link #146
ranipaki

can someone explain about the other world at the end of s2?? and what really happened to suo?
Old 2011-01-26, 16:57   Link #147
JuGG

Please correct me if I'm wrong, these are my opinions and guesses...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrablu View Post
Since I haven't watched DTB in quite a while, my question to this thread is: Exactly what happened to Amber, did she quit to exist only in the human world or is she gone from everywhere forever?
Spoiler for Amber's fate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranipaki View Post
can someone explain about the other world at the end of s2?? and what really happened to suo?
Spoiler for The Other world:
Old 2012-04-29, 16:25   Link #148
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

anyone know if season 2 will be eng dub and when?
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:05   Link #149
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
There is already.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:15   Link #150
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

REALLY?!?!?! i cant seem to find season 2 dub.
Old 2012-05-02, 17:02   Link #151
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Rumors are flying that DtB 3 has been greenlighted...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:40   Link #152
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

aww found season 2......
Old 2012-05-03, 22:01   Link #153
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

@Guardian

- There info?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-05-07, 15:28   Link #154
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Never mind since I got the answer from other sources.

My real question to ask is what prefectures in Japan are considered restricted when Hell's Gate showed up in Japan. So far, only the eastern parts of Shinjuku, Toshima and Kita are the only ones I know are restricted to the Hell's Gate area.

Old 2012-05-30, 16:47   Link #155
Bai se de Mao
Pīnyīn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Rumors are flying that DtB 3 has been greenlighted...
Yeah, it's rumored to be out in October, which is, I believe, when Eureka Seven AO is supposed to be finished. I heard that it might be a prequel series about when Hei, Bai, Amber, and Havoc were in South America.
Bai se de Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 11:03   Link #156
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrablu View Post
I guess this should be put in spoiler tags:

Spoiler for Amber:

I just finished watching both seasons and the OVAs, and felt discontent with some of the information that was left out. What happens to Yin and Hei at the ending of season 2 is fairly ambiguous, but for some reason the sticking point for me is Madame Oreille. She sounded as if she were about to give some background on herself at the end of season 2, but is interrupted and doesn't speak more on it later. The OVA's didn't clear up much about her, either. It's nothing critical to the series, but it bothered me that we don't really know anything about who she is or what her motives were (nor anything about her twin dolls).
Old 2013-12-10, 15:37   Link #157
Jaden

Yeah, I just got around to watching both series and the OVAs myself, I rather enjoyed it! After seeing the boy who looks like Yin awakening and killing a bunch of people in the end, I'm surprised there isn't a third season.

The second season was disappointing in that it introduced a whole bunch of interesting characters but never developed most of them. I especially wanted to know more about Shion and Madam and how they came up with their crazy plan of replicating the earth. Although, it did beautifully lend credence to the notion that "Izanami sends contractors to heaven". I forgot which character said that, but it was very insightful of him!
Old 2013-12-16, 12:01   Link #158
BigJk
*Graphic Designer

To anyone who is interested in a 3. Season, there is currently a petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...-season-3.html

Idk, if it will work but I want a 3. Season so badly that I would do anything xD
Old 2015-02-27, 09:49   Link #159
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Does anyone if the music piece from episode 1 (It starts after Saito catches Louis before he flees with Misaki waiting in her car) is released in the show's OSTs or related singles?

Forgot to add that the time starts around 00:54 to 01:48. It also appears in the 2nd episode when Chiaki was chased by Public Security.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2015-02-27 at 19:57.
Old 2016-12-13, 00:55   Link #160
selfdestruct91

Can someone please explain to me what happens in the ending of Season 2? I know that Suo and July are on an alternative Earth. But everything else is a bit confusing for me. Did Hei actually end up killing Yin? I have read around that the doll of Yin was being carried at the end and that her spirit had returned to it, but it's still confusing as hell.
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a