Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 04:09   Link #661
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
Well Goro will come around eventually. Goro and Shimizu is pretty much written in stone at this point, and its only a question of when and not if.

And I'm pretty sure he told Toshiya about his plan to go to the US - when meeting with the Kaido officials (the siblings), he's asked about Goro, and he says (more or less) that he's heard it straight from Goro himself...then it cuts to Tashiro, Fuji, and Taiga talking about Goro in the majors overseas. If they know about it, I'm pretty sure Toshiya does as well.
Oh did he. I remember him telling Toshi that he might go to the Oceans. I don't think he told Toshi in person that he's going to tryout for the majors. If he did then it wasn't shown.
Old 2007-10-02, 08:46   Link #662
sangofe

I wish people could talk in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen these episodes... Thanks...
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 09:17   Link #663
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Oh did he. I remember him telling Toshi that he might go to the Oceans. I don't think he told Toshi in person that he's going to tryout for the majors. If he did then it wasn't shown.
Spoiler:

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 10:01   Link #664
Hazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
I wish people could talk in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen these episodes... Thanks...
Well the spoiler tags are usually only used on unsubbed episodes so since all of season 3 has now been subbed theres really no point on using them now, unless talking about manga spoilers.

Over all I've really enjoyed season 3 and am highly anticipating seaon 4 next year!
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 13:35   Link #665
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarabe View Post
Spoiler:
Just wanted to break the possible curse on the thread (due to 666 reply post count)...

If I remember correctly, during the episode, Toshi hinted that he heard from Goro in person about him going to US.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 17:07   Link #666
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yup when he was talklin with the coach he says he's heard about it. The it switchs to the others talking about it. Sucks that the team got penalised because of the devil though.

I love the episode where he was frothing at the mouth babbling, totally flipped out lol >.<

I dont understand why people feel it dosent live up to season one, or that seas two was bad though. I did a marathon recently and watched all the episodes back to back and loved every minute of it. I couldnt point out anything i didnt like about the show.

Cant wait to see how his pitching holds up in america though, be interesting to see him have a go at gibson aswell now

Just imagine Goro hitting gibson with a 157kmh dead ball >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 20:29   Link #667
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Just wanted to break the possible curse on the thread (due to 666 reply post count)...

If I remember correctly, during the episode, Toshi hinted that he heard from Goro in person about him going to US.
Yar, but the scene was not shown in the anime.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
Old 2007-10-02, 23:01   Link #668
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Yar, but the scene was not shown in the anime.
I agree that the scene was not shown in the anime, but the way it was said by Toshi made us inform that it happened. In short, what I was merely saying that the scene of that happening was not shown directly but we were told indirectly. It was not completely omitted in the anime...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 09:53   Link #669
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Well the spoiler tags are usually only used on unsubbed episodes so since all of season 3 has now been subbed theres really no point on using them now, unless talking about manga spoilers.

Over all I've really enjoyed season 3 and am highly anticipating seaon 4 next year!
There is a point... since I haven't seen these episodes, seing how the situation on the fansub project I am on now is,.
Oh well, guess I'll ignore this whole thread.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 10:33   Link #670
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

While i agree that spoiler tags should be used on even fresh subbed anime, if only as a courtesy to those who havent watched it yet, where do you say 'enough time has passed to drop the tags?'

Personally, i use the tags for about a week after an episode is subbed, which gives people plenty of time to dl it and watch it. I do it as a courtesy (when i remember at least lol) cause i also hate it when people stop using spoiler tags minutes after an episode is released as a sub. It makes me avoid the threads of the series im watching and loving for fear of having an episode im dling spoiled.

Perhaps the rule should be extended to a time after the initial release, not just until the release.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:41   Link #671
Hazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
While i agree that spoiler tags should be used on even fresh subbed anime, if only as a courtesy to those who havent watched it yet, where do you say 'enough time has passed to drop the tags?'

Personally, i use the tags for about a week after an episode is subbed, which gives people plenty of time to dl it and watch it. I do it as a courtesy (when i remember at least lol) cause i also hate it when people stop using spoiler tags minutes after an episode is released as a sub. It makes me avoid the threads of the series im watching and loving for fear of having an episode im dling spoiled.

Perhaps the rule should be extended to a time after the initial release, not just until the release.
Thats a good point but like you said not every one waits a week or so after the episode is subbed to stop using spoiler tags. So if people dont wana take the risk of reading any spoilers they shouldnt be looking around a thread when they still have yet to see the subbed episode, especially when the anime is just only on a thread, well that's what I think at least.

Last edited by Hazard; 2007-10-03 at 15:59.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:06   Link #672
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

it all comes down to courtesy really, some have it others dont
Old 2007-11-30, 21:35   Link #673
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Major 4 - Jan 5!

http://anime.goo.ne.jp/contents/news..._82/index.html
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 22:09   Link #674
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
According to Pukiwiki, the 4th season will be 26 episodes long which is good because the manga for 4th season material was short
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 00:08   Link #675
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
think he should've stayed in Japan and played in the minors.
From a realistic standpoint that doesn't work very well. There is no big farm system in Japan. There's the big league and one "minor" league. Thats all. (The japanese draft is smaller and hence you're screwed if you go undrafted.
The advantage is he'd have to be thrown into the Japanese big leagues much earlier and hence gain valuable experience..however, the japanese clubs would own him for years and we wouldn't get to see him in the majors until his late 20's or early 30's.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 00:28   Link #676
Major1138

Well, in the "real world", he'd probably be better off playing in Japan to get experience and get in some additional conditioning before trying to play in MLB - no matter how awesome Goro seems to be in the show, he's still only a high school kid. Of course, it makes for better drama to see him make a run for MLB at this point, so I don't really mind.

As for season 4, is there any indication as to how much material from the manga they'll cover?

Spoiler for Season 4....:
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 02:38   Link #677
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
Well, in the "real world", he'd probably be better off playing in Japan to get experience and get in some additional conditioning before trying to play in MLB - no matter how awesome Goro seems to be in the show, he's still only a high school kid. Of course, it makes for better drama to see him make a run for MLB at this point, so I don't really mind.

As for season 4, is there any indication as to how much material from the manga they'll cover?

Spoiler for Season 4....:

In America, high school kids are routinely drafted into the minors and developed there. He is simply taking a similar path as most high draft picks in the MLB draft minus the paycheck probably.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 00:36   Link #678
madarabe
Dunamist

As usual, December is the time to announce the latest cast.

Joe Gibson Jr. (CV: Namikawa Daisuke)
Jinnai Alice (CV: Enomoto Atsuko)
Sanders (CV: Ishii Kouji)
Jeff Keane (CV: Morikawa Toshiyuki)
Yaginuma Hayato (Suzumura Kenichi); well Hayato did appear briefly in season 3

いっぺん 死んでみる?
Old 2007-12-02, 08:50   Link #679
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
As usual, December is the time to announce the latest cast.

Joe Gibson Jr. (CV: Namikawa Daisuke)
Jinnai Alice (CV: Enomoto Atsuko)
Sanders (CV: Ishii Kouji)
Jeff Keane (CV: Morikawa Toshiyuki)
Yaginuma Hayato (Suzumura Kenichi); well Hayato did appear briefly in season 3
hayato appeared in season 3? maybe i missed that part, can you specify which episode
Spoiler for spoiler regarding future material:
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 10:15   Link #680
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
hayato appeared in season 3? maybe i missed that part, can you specify which episode
He's in the episode where Ryoko helps Goro practice - he's the guy at the beginning who Ryoko strikes out with her slider.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports