AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 16:06   Link #701
masama
use the fōrks ~

I read few volumes of manga on the continuation of season 3 after it ended and I wasn't exactly impressed by it. It's just the same thing all over again. But I'm sure the animation will make up for it.

I enjoyed ep1, had some good laughs and typical Major wow moments.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 22:52   Link #702
huynhlan

Hey I wondering if Goro ans shimizu got married in the mangas yet, and if they do, when was it.
huynhlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:02   Link #703
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
Hey I wondering if Goro ans shimizu got married in the mangas yet, and if they do, when was it.
wiki it just google to find it put in Major the Manga
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:09   Link #704
huynhlan

Its weird, a few day ago on wiki it say they got married, but now it said they didn't.
huynhlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 18:39   Link #705
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Finally watched the new episode (with no opening, obviously, it seems the opening theme will start with the next episode). Disappointed with how the English is used. They should have done some proper transition from English dialogs with Japanese subtitles to completely Japanese dialogs. It feels strange, in some parts, an American talking Japanese, Goro understanding it as English, then responding in Japanese, with an immediate response in Japanese because the American guy suddenly started understanding Japanese. For the first few episodes, a consistent transition phase would have made the end result more satisfying, well, I guess, in Japan, it does not matter (and, strangely, some Americans seem to have a worse pronunciation compared to Goro's).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 06:19   Link #706
Takanome

Major Opening 4 screens:
Spoiler for pics:
Takanome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 13:26   Link #707
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Spoiler for ep 2:

I really hope this show gets subbed soon
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 19:30   Link #708
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The new opening feels like a bad imitation of the 3rd season's opening. I don't know the original style of the band singing that song, but, I feel, it would have been better if they had tried to make a song without feeling attracted to previous seasons' themes.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:53   Link #709
Archaic

Anyone know if MJN will be continuing with the subbing of this show this season? I've picked up NEET's subs previously, but I've found their translations relatively substandard.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 02:53   Link #710
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I'm sure they will. I hope so because I only watch MJN subs.
Old 2008-01-15, 04:59   Link #711
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought Neet wasn't good before, but I am somewhat blown away by their latest high-def release. The translation is actually very good, probably better than it ever was for them, and the high def feed is just beautiful.

Man, the new Major season will rock if the first ep is any indication. Amazing music and it's so fun hearing Goro trying to speak English
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 13:55   Link #712
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Figures he gets robbed 5 minutes after he gets to America...

I'm torn between wishing all the American characters would speak English for consistency's sake or the mish-mash they have now...Only reason being I can stomach just so much engrish before it starts wearing on me...How in the world did that batter even pronounce Asian?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:23   Link #713
DrX_
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I thought Neet wasn't good before, but I am somewhat blown away by their latest high-def release. The translation is actually very good, probably better than it ever was for them, and the high def feed is just beautiful.
I blame Crotoss for the previous season finishing up, he tried to do it all himself... but this time ...we've got a new and better staff (new translator of course) ^^
DrX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:01   Link #714
Jarppa

Atleast i dont care so much from little errors orso in subs. If I get the point from sentence thats enough. And Neet is subbing major for us. Dont bash them.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 19:19   Link #715
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
Atleast i dont care so much from little errors orso in subs. If I get the point from sentence thats enough. And Neet is subbing major for us. Dont bash them.
Dat's it. Thank you, Neet, for all your hard work. Interested in Okawai, by any chance?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 22:51   Link #716
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I...AM...FASTBALL...ONLY!
THIS...IS...MY...POLICY...OK?

Excellent first ep - and a fine subbing by Neet. But how did the Japanese college student on his "last chance" manage to afford a Corvette?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:54   Link #717
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
Well for me quality matters. I'll wait for MJN subs for as long as it takes them to sub it. No one is bashing NEET. I do appreciate them doing it but MJN has subbed Major from the beginning and I would like to get their subs.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:10   Link #718
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Well for me quality matters. I'll wait for MJN subs for as long as it takes them to sub it. No one is bashing NEET. I do appreciate them doing it but MJN has subbed Major from the beginning and I would like to get their subs.
I think regarding the quality of the subs Saizen was also good enough, when they released something. And, to be honest, since neither released the HQ versions, the video quality of their releases was not really great (and, if anyone wonders, yes, the difference was easily recognizable).

MJN will probably later on release the DVD quality versions, but, with the quality we can get from the released raws, I also would like to see a similar level of animation quality from the ongoing subs. And, I guess, as long as the translation quality stays above average, the one to provide better animation quality in their releases will get the higher amount of interest. Let's hope all subbing groups discard the view of releasing only medium quality animation releases.
Old 2008-01-17, 00:09   Link #719
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I...AM...FASTBALL...ONLY!
THIS...IS...MY...POLICY...OK?

Excellent first ep - and a fine subbing by Neet. But how did the Japanese college student on his "last chance" manage to afford a Corvette?
Yea...kinda wondered that myself heh. Figured he either has rich parents or he's into some sort of side business that nets him a chunk of cash.

I kinda wonder what goro was planning to do without a translator...Doesnt seem like he even bothered to try and brush up on his english.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 01:59   Link #720
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Yea...kinda wondered that myself heh. Figured he either has rich parents or he's into some sort of side business that nets him a chunk of cash.

I kinda wonder what goro was planning to do without a translator...Doesnt seem like he even bothered to try and brush up on his english.

Goro learn english??? Why?? Goro has MAIN CHARACTER POWER!!! That means, as the star of the show, such things as learning english are mere trivial matters.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports