Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 02:32   Link #721
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I think regarding the quality of the subs Saizen was also good enough, when they released something. And, to be honest, since neither released the HQ versions, the video quality of their releases was not really great (and, if anyone wonders, yes, the difference was easily recognizable).

MJN will probably later on release the DVD quality versions, but, with the quality we can get from the released raws, I also would like to see a similar level of animation quality from the ongoing subs. And, I guess, as long as the translation quality stays above average, the one to provide better animation quality in their releases will get the higher amount of interest. Let's hope all subbing groups discard the view of releasing only medium quality animation releases.
I seriously doubt the DVD releases will be an issue anymore since Major isn't airing on conventional TV anymore. It has jumped the HD bandwagon, meaning the raws for the most part will probably be very high end, even more so than usual for DVD raws.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 03:28   Link #722
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
I think regarding the quality of the subs Saizen was also good enough, when they released something. And, to be honest, since neither released the HQ versions, the video quality of their releases was not really great (and, if anyone wonders, yes, the difference was easily recognizable).

MJN will probably later on release the DVD quality versions, but, with the quality we can get from the released raws, I also would like to see a similar level of animation quality from the ongoing subs. And, I guess, as long as the translation quality stays above average, the one to provide better animation quality in their releases will get the higher amount of interest. Let's hope all subbing groups discard the view of releasing only medium quality animation releases.
Naw. I think they should release a LQ and HQ versions. I watch most of my anime fansubs on my laptop and the higher quality subs just kill it. Heh, I'm just being selfish now. :P
Old 2008-01-17, 05:45   Link #723
sangofe

Quote:
I think regarding the quality of the subs Saizen was also good enough, when they released something.
And we're not releasing still?
Come on.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 22:35   Link #724
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
And we're not releasing still?
Come on.
Don't get me wrong, I know you are releasing, as I am seeing subs of last season's episodes popping out of nowhere (that is the feeling I get) just when I thought you had given up the series.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 03:01   Link #725
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Naw. I think they should release a LQ and HQ versions. I watch most of my anime fansubs on my laptop and the higher quality subs just kill it. Heh, I'm just being selfish now. :P
We planned on releasing DVD versions of season 3 of Major, but never got to it... Maybe we will one day.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:02   Link #726
sangofe

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I know you are releasing, as I am seeing subs of last season's episodes popping out of nowhere (that is the feeling I get) just when I thought you had given up the series.
We certainly didn't give up, and we're doing season4 as well.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:08   Link #727
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
We certainly didn't give up, and we're doing season4 as well.
Good luck then, you still have a chance to catch up to MJN.
Old 2008-01-18, 06:25   Link #728
sangofe

Quote:
Good luck then, you still have a chance to catch up to MJN.
It's not a story about "catch up", for us in Saizen, we sub Major because we love it, and want to do it our way. Even if we didn't release it online, we would have continued it...
If we do "catch up", it'll be a bonus, but it's not a goal in itself.
Old 2008-01-18, 18:51   Link #729
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I just wanted to give my thanks to all three groups that are working on this. S1 and S3 I watched from MJN, S2 from Saizen, and now I just watched the first episode of S4 from NEET. I'm always surprised because I'm not a huge sports fan but a lot of sports anime keeps me watching.

Is the manga ongoing? I thought I heard S4 was the last season, does everyone feel this will rap up the series? Or is there technically more to animate?

EDIT: Just watched S4 opening and wow, it sounds terrible. Does anyone like that? I really enjoyed the first three openings but wow...

Last edited by iwubanime; 2008-01-18 at 19:39.
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 19:15   Link #730
Jarppa

It is ongoing, after this season anime will prolly caught with manga and atleast theres gonna be break i think? Hopefully we will see more season after this. Major just rocks.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 19:55   Link #731
Yukinon
Screw the violin romance!

by any chance, does this anime contain some romance in it? i remember i read something like that, i think..
Yukinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 21:30   Link #732
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinon View Post
by any chance, does this anime contain some romance in it? i remember i read something like that, i think..
I wish...

Eh yea Goro is a baseball baka, so nothing much has happened whatsoever...I kept hoping something would go somewhere in S3 but nothin doin...Maybe someday...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 22:50   Link #733
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I wish...

Eh yea Goro is a baseball baka, so nothing much has happened whatsoever...I kept hoping something would go somewhere in S3 but nothin doin...Maybe someday...
LOL. I thought the exact same thing in S3 too. I mean come on, he's at age already. I was hoping we got to see more of ShimuziXGoro relationship evolve to something more then friends, but throughout S3 we saw less and less of her much like what happen in S2. They did have some potential romance building moments but they didn't lead to anything. LOL. I'm I expecting too much from this show?

Hopefully, S4 can change this. Or are we going to have to wait until he gets to the MLB before we get any ShimuzuXGoro love action in like S5, 6, 7, 8?
Old 2008-01-19, 00:53   Link #734
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
EDIT: Just watched S4 opening and wow, it sounds terrible. Does anyone like that? I really enjoyed the first three openings but wow...
The problem with the opening is that, it does not feel authentic. And, even if you ignore it not being authentic, it does not make itself distinct. Even the criticized Shippuuden's latest ending, which also doesn't feel authentic, at least gives a distinctive feeling.

But, it could have been worse. Anyway, even the last season's opening required for me watching a few episodes to get used to it (maybe because it was moving on a different direction compared to the first two season's openings). Maybe after hearing the single it will give a better feeling.

Quote:
If we do "catch up", it'll be a bonus, but it's not a goal in itself.
That was just a comment to make you feel better. I guess it didn't work....
Old 2008-01-19, 01:57   Link #735
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Just shows you how good a band Road of Major really was compared to the more generic lot. I mean, the naming of the group is like a godsend for Major
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 19:17   Link #736
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Yeah I wonder why they switched from Road to Major to this new band (I'm assuming it is a new band?)

MJN releases 79, hopefully 80 will follow soon
Old 2008-01-20, 19:55   Link #737
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Welcome back to the fray, MJN - I'll always be grateful for the act of bringing Major to the attention of the sub-watching community.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:20   Link #738
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Can I get a w00t w00t for MJN. DL now can't wait to watch it.
Old 2008-01-21, 17:06   Link #739
iwubanime
FMP wubber

You can get a w00t w00t, and you can get another because MJN just copied Goro's fastball and released episode 80!
Old 2008-01-22, 00:00   Link #740
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You go, Athanor. As for the ep itself, well - it's no spoiler to say that the legend of "Gar-o" continues. This isn't a sports anime so much as a Greek hero's odyssey, the tale of a larger than life protagonist taking on the entire world, continent by continent. I will say that the series ventured into some areas that surprised me in ep 2, which some who don't follow American baseball may assume is just stereotyping of ugly Americans. Anyone who follows the history of the game would tell you differently.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports