AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 16:28   Link #1121
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

As a side comment, it isn't very obvious but it was Sera's "food" which destroyed Nenes work, but she did not apologized in haste, Ayumu came forward and apologized for the mess, this shows that conciously or subconciously Sera acknowledge Ayumu as his master (because only a master has to apologize when his servant doe something wrong). If in turn Ayumu had screwed Nene's work it would have been Eu who would have apologized.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 16:34   Link #1122
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
As a side comment, it isn't very obvious but it was Sera's "food" which destroyed Nenes work, but she did not apologized in haste, Ayumu came forward and apologized for the mess, this shows that conciously or subconciously Sera acknowledge Ayumu as his master (because only a master has to apologize when his servant doe something wrong). If in turn Ayumu had screwed Nene's work it would have been Eu who would have apologized.
Or they just thought that it was Ayumu fault that Sera food burned the the pot.
Most of anime girls tend to behave like that, where they don't acknowledge that their food is just F... bad or even hazardous.

So I wouldn't read it that way but who knows. Also I don't think Eu would apologize.
Old 2012-05-31, 17:39   Link #1123
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nene's purpose was to expose Yuu's background in an interesting way, and provide another excuse for more interaction between the main girls.
Fair enough, but that's not the reason Ayumu seeked her out in the first place. Not to mention there are other characters already introduced that could do the things you mentioned. The author didn't need to bring in someone new for that.

Quote:
The character design is a freebie, I don't believe that anyone would prefer a middle-aged man in her place.
You don't know many people then.
Old 2012-05-31, 18:15   Link #1124
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Fair enough, but that's not the reason Ayumu seeked her out in the first place. Not to mention there are other characters already introduced that could do the things you mentioned. The author didn't need to bring in someone new for that.
I still don't see what's wrong with introducing a new one with very different personality and background than the others, that the author can use again in the future. As for using other characters to serve the same purpose, he did with Kyouko... hm, or better put he used it as an excuse to bring her back, and probably will again (for our delight), the Night King and Cerberus are dead, Yuu didn't participate in that battle, and Ariel would behave out of character if she participated and told Ayumu the ansewr to the question she was asking Kyouko while re-educating her. In other words, it made more sense plot-wise to introduce a character here, as well as keep the rest of the casts' mannerism and personalities consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You don't know many people then.
I admit having a limited social circle, especially lately, but you're the first that would potentially pick Chris-sensei instead of Chris-yousei-chan

@Mangamuscle/Xaturas: I agree with Xaturas... Mangamuscle that would be a cool theory, but frankly I don't see it happening for the reasons Xaturas already mentioned.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 18:39   Link #1125
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

is it me or did saras just jump ahead of all the girls romance wise?
Old 2012-05-31, 18:42   Link #1126
Malkuth
Banned

Kyouko has already confessed her deadly love, while Tomonori has kissed Ayumu and is married to him
Old 2012-05-31, 18:47   Link #1127
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Sara's gave all the girls a headstart. Now she took off from the starting line and she's hauling ass.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:05   Link #1128
Kyouka
Is Here

i finally watched the full episode and i can say Saras is <3!
heres my top 5
Saras 1
Nene 2
Teako 3
Sera 4
chris 5
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 19:12   Link #1129
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

my top five
1. nene
2. saras
3.sera
4.maelstrom
5.kyouko
Old 2012-05-31, 19:16   Link #1130
Malkuth
Banned

Sera = Kyouko > Nene... chaos... lolis
Old 2012-05-31, 20:07   Link #1131
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I admit having a limited social circle, especially lately, but you're the first that would potentially pick Chris-sensei instead of Chris-yousei-chan
I would pick the middle-aged Chris simply because I'm still kind of annoyed by the last episode being so god damn retarded on the whole age thing

"Someday... you, too, will be middle-aged! *gasps and screams from the entire class*" Oh no how terrible, one day we'll grow up to be in our 40s, such unspeakable horrors, I can't believe I ever might be so fucking ancient, I mean my god people that are past their 30s are just so gross

Screw you and your youth-obsessed culture, Japan
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:11   Link #1132
novalysis

Because there are so few youths in Japan
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:26   Link #1133
rafael1932
claymores pimp

This episode is not good as the last 2. Love the way that chris is eating with the new one and it actually makes sense since they are immortals (they need to have friends so they don’t feel so lonely). Somehow I don’t like to see that everyone loves so much ayumu. I mean, every single girl seems to fall in love with him, a bit too much.
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:28   Link #1134
Shadow5YA

So if a direct kiss makes Yuki into Ayumu's wife, would an indirect kiss make the vampire ninja Saras into his mistress?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:42   Link #1135
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Somehow I don’t like to see that everyone loves so much ayumu. I mean, every single girl seems to fall in love with him, a bit too much.
He's the lead protagonist in a harem show, girls not falling in love with him would be unthinkable for the genre, not sure what you are expecting here.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:53   Link #1136
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Ayumu has that sort of attraction to him for these girls. I don't know what either, but this is a harem genre so I agree with houkoholic. Though it isn't all just love and the story is done, Ayuma if he was human would have died multiple times from the abuse of the girls (Mostly Sera).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:00   Link #1137
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
He's the lead protagonist in a harem show, girls not falling in love with him would be unthinkable for the genre, not sure what you are expecting here.
In a weird way, Sarasvarti is the only one that really stands out as being odd among the Harem.

I hate to make an argument for the logic of the Harem in this world, but it does make some sense. Though a lot of it is "time & proximity" related. Relationships are very much about Time & Proximity, which Ayumu ends up having.

Of the girls:

Eu - she views Ayumu as something of a friend? Ayumu is as much her charge as her protector. They're also both immortal and stuck with each other.

Haruna & Seraphim - both were stuck with Ayumu by circumstances and, over time from living with him, have come to see his roughly good points. He's also taken care of & protected them both on a few occasions. It's only taken 2 series for Seraphim to start warming up.

While Ayumu sort of keeps the main parts of the Harem away from everyone else, it's really the Vampire Ninjas that don't make the most sense. Yuki is in the Harem by accident and plot-hilariousness. Sarasvarti is smitten with Ayumu's ass.

While Ayumu is somewhat unassuming, in the "Magical World", he's a complete bad ass. Considering his harem includes exactly 1 true human, there's a lot of logic to the situation. Plus, he's the best dancer in anime in ages. (Which is still some of the best parts of this season)

So, call it a light hearted defense of Ayumu actually having a Harem. It's the mostly logical result of being made a Zombie by Eu. And once you have a small Harem, it'll expand on its own. Though Sarasvarti going all dere-dere in episode 9 was really strange. Not that I didn't enjoy watching it, but it was still strange.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:08   Link #1138
Maxtro

Wow this show caters to all types.

You like flat-chested girls that look like loli, but are of age, you got 'um, normal high school girls, they're in there, girls with boobs so big you can seem them when her back is facing you, yup in there too. Everybody is happy.

That scene at the end with Chris and Nene was great. Though I'm not going to be surprised if they end up fighting. It just shows that there are no hard feelings between them.

Though I'm wondering what Anderson was worried about.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:13   Link #1139
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Second to last episode and Nene needs help with her manga why are they so insane making this 10eps this whole anime seems like one be filer
Old 2012-05-31, 22:13   Link #1140
Valky
Radioactive

Just watched ep.09 .. Saras is so cute it's practically a crime already ..

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen, zombies