AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 22:33   Link #501
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Next update will be on the 10th (which, unfortunately, is the same day as my first exam). Seems to now be weekly until the release of the game. Hopefully we'll get something useful out of it.

Btw, nice Twizzlers reference.
Ah. Thanks

Ah! Ah! I know! Henceforth, Licorice is Twizzler!

Really, that has to be a stage name or something. No-one names their kid licorice. Lycoris, no matter how similar the pronounciation, is fine, but naming your kid after candy?

Man, should have known the Nelsons were off kilter when they named a girl Edy. Of course, it could be short for 'Edwina,' but meh.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:25   Link #502
DC20

Blasphemy! If I had a daughter I would happily name her after that scrumptious black band of deliciousness. Though now that I think of it that way it would be kind of creepy.

Guess we're stuck waiting until the 10th for anything new. Not too long of a wait though.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:34   Link #503
Runty

New update today. Again, most of it is videos related to new classes. This week we have the Armored Infantry and Support classes.

I have to say, I found the branches for the Support class to be a little... weird. Find the video on the website, and you'll see what I mean.

As for other stuff, the only other important thing was a look at how things have changed in the VC universe since 1935 to 1937. The war, apparently, is still going, with no end in sight.

EDIT: One more thing; another character cameo. This one is a character from Phantasy Star Portable 2, though I can't make out her name.

EDIT2: My mistake. The next update will occur on the 17th, on schedule. Yay.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 13:14   Link #504
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
As for other stuff, the only other important thing was a look at how things have changed in the VC universe since 1935 to 1937. The war, apparently, is still going, with no end in sight.

EDIT: One more thing; another character cameo. This one is a character from Phantasy Star Portable 2, though I can't make out her name.
Never played Phantasy Star. Oh well.

Hmm... if the war is still going on in 1937... *sniff sniff* I smell a Manhattan project...
Old 2009-12-11, 01:47   Link #505
Neovoid

Anyone else noticed the Support classes Pistol like weapon? It looked a lot like a Mauser C96 with Shoulder Stock minus the 712 Conversion Kit.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 01:57   Link #506
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

But anyone saw how most of the cast is from Celestial Being (The Academy), really is a front for War Interventions
Old 2009-12-17, 14:33   Link #507
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

We should be getting another update today. Seems like we get one every Thursday until it's out in Japan.

Then, we wait until it gets translated and that sort so we can get VC2 on this side of the Pacific/Eurasian landmass (Depends which side of the Atlantic you're on).
Old 2009-12-17, 15:03   Link #508
Runty

The website has supposedly updated, but the videos seem to be malfunctioning (they might not have been uploaded correctly). It might just be temporary.

Looks to just be some more gameplay videos and an introduction to lancers and their evolutions.
Old 2009-12-17, 15:12   Link #509
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
The website has supposedly updated, but the videos seem to be malfunctioning (they might not have been uploaded correctly). It might just be temporary.

Looks to just be some more gameplay videos and an introduction to lancers and their evolutions.
Ah.

Main reason I use this thread as my lifeline for VC2 info is because if I went onto the site...

Blind man in a minefield.
Old 2009-12-18, 12:40   Link #510
Runty

Okay, looks like this week's videos are malfunctioning, and the guys behind the website haven't fixed them. I'd contact them about it, but I don't speak Japanese (or have a means to type in Japanese). Does anyone else think they could do something about it?
Old 2009-12-20, 05:17   Link #511
Runty

Sorry for the double post, but the videos for the 17th's update have been fixed. You can now view them at the VC2 website.

I didn't get much from the first two, but the third one introduces the lancer and its evolutions. Seems now that they're divided between anti-tank and anti-infantry variants. I couldn't discern much from this, unfortunately. Maybe someone else could get a little more info than I could.

That wraps up the available classes for infantry. Maybe they'll do a tank segment on the 24th. Or maybe they'll FINALLY give us a video or two on our loli-Valkyria. I'd really like that.
Old 2009-12-20, 10:51   Link #512
Snowman24

They did have Anti-tank and anti-infantry lancers in VC1.

Though I never liked using those giant mortar rounds that had such a short arcd firing distance. I think I used them like 2 or 3 times in over a dozen playthroughs.

I'll take a look at the vids later.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:29   Link #513
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
That wraps up the available classes for infantry. Maybe they'll do a tank segment on the 24th. Or maybe they'll FINALLY give us a video or two on our loli-Valkyria. I'd really like that.

Tanks are probably next.

Though, the loli-Valkyria, in all honesty, doesn't look that much younger than myself. She seems to at least be about... 13 at the youngest to me.

EDIT:

I Estimate we'll be seeing an update on the 24th. That's one hell of a christmas present.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-12-22 at 23:51. Reason: Didn't feel it warranted a double-post
Old 2009-12-24, 00:12   Link #514
Snowman24

Quote:
There's 2 old videos of her up on youtube... she looks PRETTY hardcore, more so then Selvaria. Her "whip" style of weapon looks pretty cool.

Still ain't digging those horns they have on her... her voice is something else... cute and extremely psychotic/crazy it seems. Selvaria seemed patient, reserved and sometimes robotic when she fought.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:10   Link #515
Runty

Hmm, something's wrong. Today's update hasn't shown up on the website, but the VC2 blog has been updated. Maybe the website moderators are a bit slow or they're too busy with Christmas stuff.

I won't be able to check on things tomorrow, as I'll be out of town for our annual family Christmas gathering. I'm not sure I'll be able to connect properly to the Internet during that time. So if anyone else can help me with this week's update, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: One more thing, I think we could get a lot more info from some of these videos if someone were to translate them. The user PSPHyper on Youtube has a lot of VC2 videos that could use a good translation, so I'm gonna put out the request now.

Here's the link to PSPHyper's account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSPHyper

To start things off, I'd appreciate it if I could get a translation of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLosNDPD6c
Cosette seems really freaked out, but I can't exactly determine the reason behind her freezing up. Is she afraid of blood or something? Or did the dying civilians remind her of lost family? I can't tell.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-12-24 at 17:21.
Old 2009-12-24, 20:11   Link #516
Snowman24

Quote:
To start things off, I'd appreciate it if I could get a translation of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLosNDPD6c
Cosette seems really freaked out, but I can't exactly determine the reason behind her freezing up. Is she afraid of blood or something? Or did the dying civilians remind her of lost family? I can't tell.
"Cozette give me a hand, and *then something about injured civilians*"
"What did you say, Let's go Cozette!!"
"W-wait Aban-kun"
"*groan* *Oww...Help me..."
"Cozette, treat them right away, I'll help too"
"Blood...the smell of blood...Father...Mother..."
"Cozette, what's wrong, Hurry Up!!"
"No...I'm scared...I can't!!.
"Get ahold of yourself Cozette!!, your a medic aren't you??."

What I could get from the 1st playthrough without the help of my dictionaries or study books.

From the sounds of it, the smell/sight of blood must of reminded her of a past event involving her mother and father...sad, she did sound quite terrified and couldn't handle her duties as a medic.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:35   Link #517
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
"Cozette give me a hand, and *then something about injured civilians*"
"What did you say, Let's go Cozette!!"
"W-wait Aban-kun"
"*groan* *Oww...Help me..."
"Cozette, treat them right away, I'll help too"
"Blood...the smell of blood...Father...Mother..."
"Cozette, what's wrong, Hurry Up!!"
"No...I'm scared...I can't!!.
"Get ahold of yourself Cozette!!, your a medic aren't you??."

What I could get from the 1st playthrough without the help of my dictionaries or study books.

From the sounds of it, the smell/sight of blood must of reminded her of a past event involving her mother and father...sad, she did sound quite terrified and couldn't handle her duties as a medic.
Thanks for that, Snowman. Good to have someone who can translate these videos.

Speaking of which, the website has managed to update its videos, which relate to your tank and how you can customize it. Some of it looks pretty cool: you can customize your tank to act like a bridge-builder or an APC (though not both at the same time, I would imagine).

Also, they've categorized all the "Class-G" videos into one page. Here's a link:
http://valkyria2.jp/character4.html

Enjoy these, and hope for another on Thursday. I can't tell because the "News" segment of the website is on the fritz.

EDIT: In case anyone noticed, there's another blog going on made by the creators for this game. And guess what I found...

http://ameblo.jp/val-log/entry-10419493729.html
Spoiler for Guess who...:

Last edited by Runty; 2009-12-28 at 13:46.
Old 2009-12-28, 15:00   Link #518
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Some of it looks pretty cool: you can customize your tank to act like a bridge-builder or an APC
This will be useful.

Quote:
(though not both at the same time, I would imagine).
Darn.

Quote:
Spoiler for Guess who...:
Is it actually Edy, or is it Twizzlers? I want to be sure before I go into a site that isn't in English or German (which I now regret taking instead of Japanese :|.)

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-12-28 at 15:01. Reason: wrong 'site/sight'
Old 2009-12-28, 16:29   Link #519
DC20

Edy cameo?

>.<

Oh well. It was bound to happen with her huge fanbase. Any word on whether their apperances are optional or mandatory? I respect that she's got a lot of fans, but I would rather avoid her myself If possible :/

the APC/Halftrack deal sounds awesome though.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 17:52   Link #520
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
Edy cameo?

>.<

Oh well. It was bound to happen with her huge fanbase. Any word on whether their apperances are optional or mandatory? I respect that she's got a lot of fans, but I would rather avoid her myself If possible :/

the APC/Halftrack deal sounds awesome though.
I would imagine that her appearance is optional, as her artwork uses the VC1 art style rather than VC2's anime style.