AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-27, 15:31   Link #941
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nevertheless the spelling is a little odd. Well, then again it's not like there are fixed and definite usage rules for the extended katakana set I guess.

Or maybe it's a contrived hint telling us that the Ronowe here is not the real Ronove. Go figure.
Old 2009-01-27, 15:32   Link #942
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
I've seen the wiki, I just wanted to know why you chose that spelling. D=

Also, is it true onscripter wouldn't be able to display Ronové?

I know, off topic. Last question. xD
Old 2009-01-27, 15:34   Link #943
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Onscripter is unable to display any accent at all, it will simply put a square or something.
Same thing with Mariage Sorcière: we won't be able to put that accent.

That said, Ronove spelling is fine without any accent.
Old 2009-01-27, 16:00   Link #944
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

What's the Mariage Sorcière?
Old 2009-01-27, 16:02   Link #945
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

An ep. 4 only term. AKA you don't want to know

oh noes, a mod posted untagged spoilers [/snarky]
Old 2009-01-28, 11:32   Link #946
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

I don't mind spoilers, PM me. D=
Old 2009-01-28, 16:13   Link #947
Unentschieden

Well as being mentioned in ???? EP1 the first thing to do is to understand the rules. The very first would be to figure out what is true and what isn´t.

The stuff being observed by "Meta-Battler" obviously isn´t ensured to be true, the battlescene in EP3 made that clear. That would include effectivly anything NOT observed by the real and unbelieving Battler (he is the only one who refuses to accept the witch, especially evident in the epilouges).

That doesn´t mean that nothing would be true that was percieved from the "Metaview", but it introduces quite some more possibilites. For example the Gold - no actual proof. Beatrice in EP2? Was seen in the very end but by then Battler temporarily accepted her.

The Metaworld/Purgatory itself (and all its inhabitants/visitors) falls under that too - especially evident when it vanishes at the end of ep3 due to Beatrices "suicide by truth". (That also brings up another point - Beatrices win condition is Battlers acceptance, not proving that she is the culprit).
Old 2009-01-28, 17:38   Link #948
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unentschieden View Post
Well as being mentioned in ???? EP1 the first thing to do is to understand the rules. The very first would be to figure out what is true and what isn´t.

The stuff being observed by "Meta-Battler" obviously isn´t ensured to be true, the battlescene in EP3 made that clear. That would include effectivly anything NOT observed by the real and unbelieving Battler (he is the only one who refuses to accept the witch, especially evident in the epilouges).

That doesn´t mean that nothing would be true that was percieved from the "Metaview", but it introduces quite some more possibilites. For example the Gold - no actual proof. Beatrice in EP2? Was seen in the very end but by then Battler temporarily accepted her.

The Metaworld/Purgatory itself (and all its inhabitants/visitors) falls under that too - especially evident when it vanishes at the end of ep3 due to Beatrices "suicide by truth". (That also brings up another point - Beatrices win condition is Battlers acceptance, not proving that she is the culprit).
Good point. Nothing really supernatural was shown to us until after Ep1 when Battler entered the meta world. We were shown closed rooms but no magic 'in action'. Unless I'm forgetting something.
Old 2009-01-28, 18:39   Link #949
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Good point. Nothing really supernatural was shown to us until after Ep1 when Battler entered the meta world. We were shown closed rooms but no magic 'in action'. Unless I'm forgetting something.
Kanon and the gold butterflies? Unless that doesn't count as supernatural.
Old 2009-01-29, 10:44   Link #950
Unentschieden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Kanon and the gold butterflies? Unless that doesn't count as supernatural.
Suspicious is more like it. Even if we trust Kanons PoV, it certainly isn´t proof for magic.
Old 2009-01-29, 15:37   Link #951
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah same with Shannon's POV earlier in the episode. No proof of magic.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-01-29, 15:45   Link #952
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

All the butterfly moments in ep.1 are right before the character who sees them gets killed. And of course, everyone knows or learns during those two days the story of Beatrice and her golden insects form, so if they see something yellow in the dark, they would probably jump to the conclusion that the little golden bastards are coming to get them.

Old 2009-01-29, 15:47   Link #953
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

I actually think some of those gold butterflies either mean something else, are delusions, or are real butterflies. ....Hum, I really don't what to think, but they do seem to have various meanings. Remember how they appear sometimes?
In Episode 2, I can think of two moments where butterflies seem to be something else: first, when Rosa is going up the stairs to Kinzo's study, it's said that a butterfly lands on her back, and stays there. Nothing else is mentioned about that. Also, when Genji is alone in the kitchen, he impales one single butterfly with his knife. ...Is it plausible to think, for instance, that these are, say, tracking devices or something of the sort?
Old 2009-01-30, 23:56   Link #954
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I would be more tempted to say that a butterfly meant someone's perception.

For example that would mean that someone watched Rosa going up to Kinzo. And Genji noticing someone watching him and quickly retreating.

Just came back from a trip tired

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-01-31, 02:01   Link #955
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
If we were to say butterfly as a phantasmagoria or an illusion
Whatever caused that Illusion, since by judging that the butterflies cannot fly in the rain in EP2, might have affected the victim through either hearing or smelling senses...

Henthel's ravens again:
(This time, in JAVA!)
(I'm bored =_=)

if(goldenbutterfly.isIllusion == true)
{
AntiMystery = false; AntiFantasy = true;
}
else if(goldenbutterfly.isIllusion == false)
{
AntiFantasy = false; AntiMystery = true;
}

It's just a relativity between the two; So I would go for the buttefly is illusion theory
(Cuz I'm Anti-Fantasy XD)
Old 2009-01-31, 02:46   Link #956
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Efficient coding mandates that you don't use an "else if" command for the opposite conditional, you can just use "else" because there are only two cases anyway.

Don't be so quick to discount the possibility that something resembling golden butterflies can actually exist, either.
Old 2009-01-31, 03:37   Link #957
chronotrig

We might be talking about Schrodinger's cat here, so it could be neither true nor false.
Hence the second test is necessary.

Actually, there's no guarantee that the gold butterflies are the same thing in each game. They could be fake in the first ep but real in ep2 and after--but only in the meta world--which would be an anti-fantasy theory. More or less.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-01-31, 04:21   Link #958
UminekoFan

Hi, guys!

Just finished reading Umineko (3rd EP) yesterday and I have a few questions going around in my head. Would any of you be kind enough to tell me if they are answered in EP4?

*SPOILERS for EP3*
Spoiler for Umineko EP3:

That's all.
Old 2009-01-31, 06:26   Link #959
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1. Virgilia and Kumasawa are separate entities. As shown in the banquet in the end, both are not sharing the same body. Therefore, Virgilia just used Kumasawa as a vessel in episode 3, that's all.
Also, remember that Beato stirred too much stuff over the chessboards that made virgilia awakening.
Finally, since magic is obviously pure fantasy that should not be considered thus far, regardless if they are the same person, it is plain normal kumasawa cannot survive.

2. That is not true if Virgilia is controlled by Beato. If she becomes her pawn (just like "dark" kanon in episode 2), even if she is almighty, ever since she is revived by Beato, it is useless.
Since we had that tips + dream at the start (which cannot be witnessed by Battler), it means that Virgilia was most likely what she was shown to begin with, but there isn't any clue that shows when she turned into Beato's side.

3. Considering Ronove's usual jabs, it is very likely that he knew the plan.
Old 2009-01-31, 06:47   Link #960
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I'm curious about something at the end of ep3 and ep4.

Spoiler:

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Closed Thread