AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-29, 22:21   Link #261
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I cannot understand their rivalry really. There wasn't much to rival over. Sure, in EP 18, there was a slight rivalry over Tomoya, although both girls went at it pretty much for different reasons. Kyou was jealous and Tomoyo was just fulfilling an obligation.
Tomoyo is the only girl who dared to stand up to Kyou. Kyou terrorised practically everyone (including her classmates) and only Tomoyo dared to fight back. So it becomes something like a tigress and a lioness fighting for dominance over a mountain.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:48   Link #262
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I think Kyou knows very well that Tomoyo is supposedly the strongest (and most achieving) girl in town, thus she really doesn't pick on her very often. Not a good idea.

Nonetheless, when the two does go at it during very rare occasions, its funny to notice both girls' intentions. Kyou is trying to treat Tomoyo as a rival and proving her ego, while Tomoyo has this less-than-serious take about it. Hell, most of the time, it would appear that Tomoyo just ignores Kyou, which infuriates the latter greatly.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-30, 07:16   Link #263
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I think Kyou knows very well that Tomoyo is supposedly the strongest (and most achieving) girl in town, thus she really doesn't pick on her very often. Not a good idea.

Nonetheless, when the two does go at it during very rare occasions, its funny to notice both girls' intentions. Kyou is trying to treat Tomoyo as a rival and proving her ego, while Tomoyo has this less-than-serious take about it. Hell, most of the time, it would appear that Tomoyo just ignores Kyou, which infuriates the latter greatly.

- Tak
To me, it seems as if Tomoyo is truly just going whenever Kyou picks on her, not so much that she's actively ignoring her. Tomoyo is one of those characters who's a little dense on the body language aspect, so I think that's why she usually deadpans Kyou when the latter picks on her; she just has no clue whatsoever.
Old 2009-03-30, 08:05   Link #264
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I remember when Kyou was confronting Tomoyo for being in Tomoya's classroom back in episode 16(?). With Tomoyo wondering outloud why Kyou is being so hostile to her. And then totally guessing why on the first try that Kyou likes Tomoya.

Or even after Tomoya is with Nagisa, Kyou is still slightly hostile. Like in episode 23 when she demands to know why Tomoyo is eating in the clubroom when she's not a member.

I don't think it's really about Tomoya, at least not at first. Their personalities just grate on each other.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-03-30, 09:32   Link #265
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I remember when Kyou was confronting Tomoyo for being in Tomoya's classroom back in episode 16(?). With Tomoyo wondering outloud why Kyou is being so hostile to her. And then totally guessing why on the first try that Kyou likes Tomoya.
Kyou's expression is hilarious. She practically turned entirely red.

However Tomoyo does like Tomoya, or at least harbour a secret crush on him. In Ep 19 S1 she blushed slightly when she walked in to check on the club.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-30, 11:41   Link #266
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Kyou's expression is hilarious. She practically turned entirely red.

However Tomoyo does like Tomoya, or at least harbour a secret crush on him. In Ep 19 S1 she blushed slightly when she walked in to check on the club.
Kyou's just very outspoken most of the time As for Tomoyo, I do believe that she ended up liking Tomoya but not to the extent that Kyou liked him. During Tomoyo's tennis match to prove herself, she understood the situation between Tomoya and Nagisa and his feelings for her but she didn't react like Kyou. Still, I can't see Tomoyo bursting into tears like that because of the type of person she is but I believe that she was just very understanding.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-03-30, 12:48   Link #267
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Tomoyo just shrugged it off with a "This is disappointing but whatever".
She did have several blatant lines about her feelings towards Tomoya.
Like she replies to Sunohara's question about whether she likes Tomoya and responds that her feelings could be described as "Interested".
Plus again in Episode 18 S1 when she replies to Tomoya:
Tomoyo: "I like spending time with you guys. Or rather, I like spending time with you."
Of course, Tomoya, being the dense guy he is, takes it as a compliment.

At the tennis match, Kyou had been holding onto her feelings for about a year at that point and saw her chances get violently crushed. So of course she would break down a little. When Tomoya leads Nagisa away, we can see Kyou go into a slight Heroic Blue Screen of Death.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-03-30, 13:10   Link #268
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Like she replies to Sunohara's question about whether she likes Tomoya and responds that her feelings could be described as "Interested".
Plus again in Episode 18 S1 when she replies to Tomoya:
Tomoyo: "I like spending time with you guys. Or rather, I like spending time with you."
Of course, Tomoya, being the dense guy he is, takes it as a compliment.

At the tennis match, Kyou had been holding onto her feelings for about a year at that point and saw her chances get violently crushed. So of course she would break down a little. When Tomoya leads Nagisa away, we can see Kyou go into a slight Heroic Blue Screen of Death.
Well it was really hard on her considering that she was torn between betraying her sister and acknowledging her own feelings. Kind of reminds me of the situation in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien involving Haruka and Mitsuki.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-03-30, 15:40   Link #269
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Still, I can't see Tomoyo bursting into tears like that because of the type of person she is but I believe that she was just very understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42
Contrary to popular belief, she does cry, and she cries a lot.

But this is where the producers exercised their good wisdom and went, "ok, thats enough" and pull a big stop on anything furthering Tomoyo's path, ending with Tomoyo being just interested in Tomoya. Had it allowed to develop further, it would definitely conflict with the main plot itself.

Kyou and Kotomi were different. Their routes were both of low maintenance and can develop deeper without the fear of conflicting with the main plot. The difference is that Kyou and Kotomi's respective routes can actually co-exist with the presence of Nagisa, but Tomoyo and Nagisa simply cannot exist in the same plain. I just don't see how that could work.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-05, 15:44   Link #270
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
That got me thinking, since I was thinking about Tomoyo in comparison to Kyou. But now I am not too sure which characteristic I can pin on Tomoyo.

She is not exactly tsundere.

- Tak
Tomoyo is much of the emotionless/deadpan/dense characters. She's a good observation ability but she's somewhat dumb in body-langouage and naive. Not to mention that Tomoyo much more calmer nowadays(perhaps she was much more short tempered before).
In contrast Kyou almost like the female version of Tomoya. Except she's a way morte hotheaded and less dense. She's quite short tempered and agressive and that's why she's somewhat a bully.
Both girls are nice, selfless and emotinaly sensitive.
About the "Kyou Project": At last we've got some Kyou After
Old 2009-04-05, 18:27   Link #271
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
In contrast Kyou almost like the female version of Tomoya. Except she's a way morte hotheaded and less dense. She's quite short tempered and agressive and that's why she's somewhat a bully.
Both girls are nice, selfless and emotinaly sensitive.
About the "Kyou Project": At last we've got some Kyou After
You made me think of a Female Tomoya, much similar to Kyon-ko... now I can't unthink it and it's making my heart beats faster for some reason... Ahhhh! I'm dangerously threading the line here!
Old 2009-04-08, 00:39   Link #272
qwertyuiopz

i would have prefered kyou after story rather than tomoyo after story!

i hope they make an ova anyway
Old 2009-04-08, 00:49   Link #273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Basic problem is that there isn't really a Kyou After of any kind. Sort of slows them down.
Old 2009-04-12, 07:17   Link #274
Ottocycle

Something apparently went wrong with the BS-TBS synopses. The title is for the summary episode, but why do we have the Kyou arc as the content?
Coupled with the announcement today that a DVD-only episode has been announced for DVD 8(the final one), indications are that we're going to have a Kyou version of the alternate universe episode.

DVD 8 will be released on the 1st of July.

News credit to MAL's dtshyk.
Old 2009-04-12, 12:53   Link #275
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Yes, this is true. And I'm really happy.

"At a CLANNAD After Story event "Kono Machi no Negai ga Kanau Basho" held on April 12th, the extra episode bundled with the volume 8 was announced to be Fujibayashi Kyou's arc. A preview of the episode will be held on May 24th.

The TV programming guide of BS-TBS channel provided the synopsis of Kyou's arc in the preview section of CLANNAD After Story episode 25. It is possible that the correct synopsis of the recap episode was mistakenly replaced with the synopsis of the DVD special episode. The final volume of the DVD will be released on July 1st.

The synopsis of Kyou's arc leaked:

Ryou told her love to Tomoya and he accepted it. One day, Kyou offered herself to Tomoya for a practice of kiss. The next day, a rumor that Tomoya kissed Kyou was spread throughout the school. In order to deny the rumor, Kyou declared her love to Sunohara, but..."

MAL
Old 2009-04-12, 15:14   Link #276
FireChick

Good news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=116363
Old 2009-04-12, 15:19   Link #277
Used Can

I wouldn't mind if they rewrite her arc for that OVA, because her route in the VN was quite bad.
Old 2009-04-12, 15:27   Link #278
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, the first thing I thought when I read that announcement was: "geez, time for some soap opera I guess"
Old 2009-04-12, 16:05   Link #279
Tak

Well gosh, I really want to see her arc. I loved her character too. Sure, I don't love her arc as much as I do Tomoyo's, but she was cool in her own way.

Nonetheless, Kyou's route in the game was iffy, so if there will be changes, lets hope they are good changes. On the other hand, no love for Kotomi? *sniff*

- Tak

Old 2009-04-12, 16:10   Link #280
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Well gosh, I really want to see her arc. I loved her character too. Sure, I don't love her arc as much as I do Tomoyo's, but she was cool in her own way.

Nonetheless, Kyou's route in the game was iffy, so if there will be changes, lets hope they are good changes. On the other hand, no love for Kotomi? *sniff*

- Tak
She basically had her arc in the first season. Tomoyo and Kyou were the only two that didn't have their arcs animated.
Closed Thread