AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-03-01, 03:01   Link #1221
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Well. That certainly works better than what first came to my mind...

"Mattaku, Kami-onii-sama... Judgment desu no..."
Old 2010-03-01, 07:36   Link #1222
mammothb

lol level 4. reminds me of d.gray man
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 16:34   Link #1223
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAQHPzlZNxo

Take a good look at it, and you'll see a striking resemblance in chapter 89, especially how Keima's glasses gets knocked off.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:05   Link #1224
Cinocard

Lol, Kinnikuman Yup, if we are talking about wrestling, that name is a must.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 12:54   Link #1225
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

And it appears people are confusing with the translation of "Level 4".

It is actually "Soul Level 4 (魂度4)!?" So feel free if you still think it is a reference to something.
Old 2010-03-02, 21:20   Link #1226
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeProUNo View Post
And it appears people are confusing with the translation of "Level 4".

It is actually "Soul Level 4 (魂度4)!?" So feel free if you still think it is a reference to something.
Yeah, it's a reference to how developed the kaketama is, obviously. Presumably all the ones we've encountered so far are level 3 or below.
Old 2010-03-02, 21:40   Link #1227
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yeah, it's a reference to how developed the kaketama is, obviously. Presumably all the ones we've encountered so far are level 3 or below.
I wonder if divine beings (God[ess]) also has level indications as well... And if they have a true form.
Old 2010-03-03, 01:15   Link #1228
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeProUNo View Post
I wonder if divine beings (God[ess]) also has level indications as well... And if they have a true form.
The way I see it, the ''levels'' is likely used to not only indicate the strength of a spirit but also to distance the New Demons from them (i.e. they become simply targets rather than actual beings) and considering that there should be no reason why God's need to degrade their own kin I don't think they would use it.

They should have a ''true form'' as Diana did mentioned that as long as she is powered with love, she will slowly regain her strength, so I guess she hinted at that.

edit:

Before I go, I wanted to ask if someone knows if the author said anything (in an interview/blog/Character Guide/Databook/etc.) about the difference between the Levels i.e. how can you tell if it’s an Lv3 or Lv4

I ask about this because I remember one of Hakua targets having characteristics of a Lv4 and she captured it with a normal bottle.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-03-03 at 03:23.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:26   Link #1229
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
The way I see it, the ''levels'' is likely used to not only indicate the strength of a spirit but also to distance the New Demons from them (i.e. they become simply targets rather than actual beings) and considering that there should be no reason why God's need to degrade their own kin I don't think they would use it.

They should have a ''true form'' as Diana did mentioned that as long as she is powered with love, she will slowly regain her strength, so I guess she hinted at that.

edit:

Before I go, I wanted to ask if someone knows if the author said anything (in an interview/blog/Character Guide/Databook/etc.) about the difference between the Levels i.e. how can you tell if it’s an Lv3 or Lv4

I ask about this because I remember one of Hakua targets having characteristics of a Lv4 and she captured it with a normal bottle.

I'd say that wasn't a level 4, it just has a fairly overt manifestation of its abilities (notice it looks like a jar, and the target seems to be a hikkikomori by context). Compared to invisibility or shrinking, though, that's fairly tame.
Old 2010-03-03, 10:53   Link #1230
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

I would say early state in level 3.

By the way, here's the thing you were asking for:
http://forums.mangafox.com/showthrea...140637&page=16 Post #158
Old 2010-03-03, 22:38   Link #1231
Nosauz

I'm actually not quite sure where the Karate Club captain line is going, it seems somewhat wierd since the captain's crack was already filled by keima once.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 23:26   Link #1232
Wrath88
Kissing...

1. She has a goddess->Runs into Keima and does something
2. She doesn't have one->Something happens to create a second crack?
Old 2010-03-03, 23:43   Link #1233
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
1. She has a goddess->Runs into Keima and does something
2. She doesn't have one->Something happens to create a second crack?
well i also don't know where this new mystery characters motivations lie, because this person could be trying to resurrect the weiss, or this person is trying to catch the person trying to manifest the reincarnation of the weiss.
Old 2010-03-04, 02:40   Link #1234
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I'm actually not quite sure where the Karate Club captain line is going, it seems somewhat wierd since the captain's crack was already filled by keima once.
Two personalities, two gaps, two runaway souls. I'm calling it.
Old 2010-03-04, 22:33   Link #1235
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Two personalities, two gaps, two runaway souls. I'm calling it.
Hahaha. Btw this is my first time joining this thread, and I have to admit I love this manga.

Just a couple of things I want to comment: I like how the pretense for this manga allows for a ton of girl characters, but only one male and still manages to avoid becoming a harem. That being said, eventually I feel that Keima is going to have to choose someone.

Anyone know if this might get animated in the future? It could be very successful...

Another thing I wanted to see if anyone else agreed on; even though the running gag is that Keima is a total nerd and a complete retard, it seems that he really does have deep insight into real life. He learns from games, sure, and he claims he doesn't care for "real life", but I feel almost certain that Keima's success in fixing all of these girls' lives reveal that he really does care. This probably was already mentioned before, but, like I said, this is my first time in this thread =/.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:16   Link #1236
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Hahaha. Btw this is my first time joining this thread, and I have to admit I love this manga.

Just a couple of things I want to comment: I like how the pretense for this manga allows for a ton of girl characters, but only one male and still manages to avoid becoming a harem. That being said, eventually I feel that Keima is going to have to choose someone.

Anyone know if this might get animated in the future? It could be very successful...

Another thing I wanted to see if anyone else agreed on; even though the running gag is that Keima is a total nerd and a complete retard, it seems that he really does have deep insight into real life. He learns from games, sure, and he claims he doesn't care for "real life", but I feel almost certain that Keima's success in fixing all of these girls' lives reveal that he really does care. This probably was already mentioned before, but, like I said, this is my first time in this thread =/.
With current progression, I only see harems and it's pretty obvious he already has a fledgling harem with Hakua, Elsee, and Diana/Tenri which is already four not including the girls that may or may not remember him, just don't be surprised when he does start massing that harem.
Old 2010-03-05, 02:36   Link #1237
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Elsee is debatable. She started out as a possible love interest but I think the author made the right move when he started moving her more on a "cares for him in a true brother-sister fashion" way, as it can be extrapolated from their recent interactions. Makes things more interesting since it throws the "first girls wins" cliche out of the window.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 03:23   Link #1238
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If your read the notes someone posted back earlier about the spirit's power, then It's almost confirm Kasuga to have the Goddess. Because the spirit up to level 3 (other than Yui, none surpassed lvl 3) can't use their ability themselves and is not independent from the host.

So Kasuga's feminine self can't be caused by the spirit, unless Kasuga always have another personality
Old 2010-03-05, 15:57   Link #1239
babohtea

I hope they introduce more male characters or find some other way of getting rid of the harem. There has to be more significant male demons/gods somewhere.

Just a question though: I just finished chapter 74...
Spoiler for ch 74:

And... Keima character discussion:
Some of the things Keima says actually are meaningful, even if it appears as if they were learned from video games and they apply quite directly to the real world. The wiki states that Keima is gradually having his opinion of real girls change, but might it always have been that way? Even though he's disconnected from the world, it seems he really has a good understanding of other people's feelings.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 16:06   Link #1240
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think they could make good use Yui's character by using her in place of the male foil, or as Keima's non-romantic companion. That could provide some interesting interactions there.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen