AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 06:01   Link #81
Seiryuu

I for one liked this show to some degree. Sure, there were problems as people have mentioned, but it's not bad as a first ep goes. Though that woman does seriously need to have a major breast reduction.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 10:05   Link #82
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
What is this crap talk about girl's bust size? They are awesome, I don't see any flaws. Maybe they are shaped strangely but I find them quite attractive nevertheless. Guess the biggest problem to some is that they are somewhat out of place cuz' everything around has relatively realistic shape. But yeah, I find the girl to be overly cute as well.

Anyway, I found the first episode to be somewhat interesting. I'm hooked up to it even if I didn't find anything amazing that I can say it's innovative. The show just kept me hooked up for no reason... maybe it's the atmosphere. Gonna stick with it and see where it goes.
Old 2011-07-08, 14:42   Link #83
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Those boobs were really distracting, at least there were no plot-related scenes involving the character wearing them
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 19:51   Link #84
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Now that was a pretty uninspiring first episode.

First we get a very weird intro.
Next comes a crappy, awkward OP. Bleh.
Then the story telling is rather haphazardly, with many abrupt changes and no explanations offered.

The cast ist pretty lame:
- a random loli
- a random oba-san with huge, oddly shaped melon tits
- a random student who escaped from his tiny village to the big town
- a random psychopath who is all talk and doesn't do anything before he allows the loli to simply blast him away, just to easily escape again later. What what the point of that, anyway?

In short, I find myself not in the least interested in any of those, much less feeling sympathy or liking for any of them, they're just too bland.

ED wasn't half-bad. The muppet preview at the end though really did freak me out

I wonder if I should still bother with the second episode.
Then what are you watching?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:07   Link #85
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I couldn't care less about the breast size,if anything,I'm happy I actualy like Kayano Ai's voice for once.

Solid episode for me,looking forward to more.

The OP might be my favorite so far this season
Old 2011-07-08, 23:18   Link #86
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Am I the only one who went "wow, those are some big boobs and then more or less ignored them for the rest of the episode?
Now I certainly *do* like boobs - as long as they're a nice size and shapely, that is.
These melons however, oddly shaped on top of it, rather freaked me out than anything else
Wft were they thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm pretty sure if this was some ecchi show, there'd be far less hang-up about the boobs. Granted, it may very well actually be an ecchi show that just hasn't delved into it head-first so to speak, but I think the reason why so many people have issues with the huge boobs is because it doesn't seem like it's a pandering ecchi show, so one has to wonder why they decided to put such huge knockers on that poor girl.
For once, I actually couldn't care any less if this turns into an ecchi show, as I wouldn't give a damn for any ecchi stuff with either loli-Utau or melonboobs-obasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Another problem is that her waist is way too small compared to her bust. Makes her melons stand out even more.
True, that makes the melon-boobs only more freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Then what are you watching?
You know, that's a pretty good question, actually.
While watching, with that haphazard story-telling and abrupt changes and all, I asked myself several times: "Just what are you watching here!?"
Old 2011-07-09, 00:13   Link #87
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Now that was a pretty uninspiring first episode.

First we get a very weird intro.
Next comes a crappy, awkward OP. Bleh.
Then the story telling is rather haphazardly, with many abrupt changes and no explanations offered.

The cast ist pretty lame:
- a random loli
- a random oba-san with huge, oddly shaped melon tits
- a random student who escaped from his tiny village to the big town
- a random psychopath who is all talk and doesn't do anything before he allows the loli to simply blast him away, just to easily escape again later. What what the point of that, anyway?

In short, I find myself not in the least interested in any of those, much less feeling sympathy or liking for any of them, they're just too bland.

ED wasn't half-bad. The muppet preview at the end though really did freak me out

I wonder if I should still bother with the second episode.
I agree with all of this except for the intro. I thought the intro was the ONLY fairly decent part of the episode.

The rest was sort of a trainwreck of anime stereotypes, oddly clunky/lazy animation here and there, ugly/boring/generic character design save for the dolls (or inconsistent character design if you consider how everyone else's design leads towards realism and Utao looks like she belongs in a bad kiddy comedy anime), and overall randomness. Just a sloppy, sloppy episode. And both the OP and the ED are utterly forgettable.

I might give the second episode a chance if I'm bored, but right now it's really at the bottom of the list for me. Don't get me wrong, there's way worse out there, and there's something about this show that kind of me wants me to like it, but I just can't right now. I'm more disappointed than usual because I think concept has some potential, but if they're going to execute it like some cheap Saturday morning cartoon that actually makes me feel STUPID while watching it (which this episode DID halfway in -- which caused me to grab my laptop go, "Wtf is this? What am I watching? Why is this so bad?!"), then I say to hell with it.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 03:01   Link #88
Kiyomizu
Never Knows Best

The animation was nice and I really liked the action.
Aki's character seems pretty cool. I have a feeling he's going to be my favorite part of the series.
Kiyomizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 05:05   Link #89
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm pretty sure if this was some ecchi show, there'd be far less hang-up about the boobs. Granted, it may very well actually be an ecchi show that just hasn't delved into it head-first so to speak, but I think the reason why so many people have issues with the huge boobs is because it doesn't seem like it's a pandering ecchi show, so one has to wonder why they decided to put such huge knockers on that poor girl.
It won't make that descent into an ecchi show, at least if the producers of it aren't dingbats. The manga has very little to no pervy humor at actually. You get a few shower/bath related things but used more for comedic effect, usually because of Utao.

I think the reason why Yamamura drew Hibino the way he did was to actually balance out the fact that Utao is a very big part of the series. She's everywhere and is always making crazy cute faces and there are some mighty good ones later on. Besides, it's just kind of Hibino's thing really, I don't recall Yamamura actually doing much to exploit her assets.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 05:25   Link #90
Marina2

OP sounds unique for me and I like it after listening to it for a while.

As for the story, I need to watch more ep to judge.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 08:16   Link #91
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Another problem is that her waist is way too small compared to her bust. Makes her melons stand out even more.
It's anime. That is par for the course.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 17:28   Link #92
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

This show is a mixed bag. On the one hand, I think the underlying concept is decent, and the "gods" are pretty neat. I particularly liked the weird music/sound effects that go with them. I also liked the OP.

However the show has too many bad points. For me the most glaring thing is the dreadful incidental music. It's the sort of thing you might get in a bad kids TV show, primitive, no subtlety and overly synthesized. The only good sound element in this show is the neat sounds the "gods" make. Other problems include:

- Overly big breasted main girl, I mean it's really offputting. It's not Boobanaut levels but...
- Flat voice acting, particularly with secondary parts (On par with some bad H-games I once sullied myself with)
- Boring, cliché male lead

It's just generally pretty bad.

It's a shame because Brain's base often has such a great output. That said they have a pretty crowded schedule this season, both Penguindrum and Natsume Yuujinchou, both of which seem to be top notch. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 17:54   Link #93
Crimrui
Hollow

I really don't get anime audience today. I checked the thread of Mayo Chiki! and I've seen nothing but praise. But after watching the first episode it's cleared that the show is the usual generic ''guy falls on a girl and his arm is on her breast'' anime that people will watch because of fanservice and characters and what not. But when anime shows up with a ''normal'' plot and no fanservice the people are complaining about one girl's boobs. It's alright to have a preference, thank God for that, but please don't cut the score of entire show solely because of girl's chest. That's absurd.
Old 2011-07-10, 19:46   Link #94
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

No, that girl's rack was pretty distracting. When in the restaurant, that guy said "Look, she stood up!", I went "HOW?".
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 22:25   Link #95
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
But when anime shows up with a ''normal'' plot and no fanservice the people are complaining about one girl's boobs. It's alright to have a preference, thank God for that, but please don't cut the score of entire show solely because of girl's chest. That's absurd.
Plot? What plot?
You mean that randomly jumbled-together trainwreck, which is all over the place?
Thankfully, that's anything *but* normal.

For the fanservice: there's no possibility there could be any, with this show. Seeing fanservice with Utau would just make me feel awful, and seeing fanservice with Miss Boobanaut would be very offputting and disturbing
Old 2011-07-10, 23:18   Link #96
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Plot? What plot?
You mean that randomly jumbled-together trainwreck, which is all over the place?
Yes, yes...
Too bad whether (you think) the plot is a wreck or not, a plot is still a plot. And normal probably refers to how the plot isn't something absolutely abnormal/silly like, to use an extreme example, Manyuu Hikenchou.
Let's watch a few more episodes before you decide whether it is a trainwreck or not. A train that hasn't started to move won't wreck, unless an outside force decides to make it so. In the first place, the term trainwreck is used later in the story, when something is built up and crashes, not when the first episode was bad.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 23:49   Link #97
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I really don't get anime audience today. I checked the thread of Mayo Chiki! and I've seen nothing but praise. But after watching the first episode it's cleared that the show is the usual generic ''guy falls on a girl and his arm is on her breast'' anime that people will watch because of fanservice and characters and what not. But when anime shows up with a ''normal'' plot and no fanservice the people are complaining about one girl's boobs. It's alright to have a preference, thank God for that, but please don't cut the score of entire show solely because of girl's chest. That's absurd.
You're very correct. Honestly, besides a couple of moments of mood whip lash there really isn't much to criticize. The anime was interesting enough for most to see another episode, and if a rack is going to be the difference between watching and not watching, then it's pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
Plot? What plot?
Shouldn't misuse terms. It's fine that you dislike it, but train wreck? It's barely gotten started, how is it a train wreck?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 01:27   Link #98
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Now this was a very enjoyable first episode in my books, probably the best i have seen this season has to offer (with Ikoku Meiro a very close second). It felt to me like the episode was over a minute after I sat down to watch it, which I find a good indicator usually of how much I enjoy something - nothing says that you are having fun like time flying by without one noticing, and this is probably the fastest fly-by I have experienced since Shiki.

The markings of a deeper plot (with things potentially going bad on a big scale, if the flashback is any indication of the destruction these "gods" are capable of), actually not shying away from the darker themes, an enjoyably nutso (or is he?) antagonist in the form of Aki, suitably atmospheric enhancement with the 'songs' playing in the background when the kakashi are acting - I liked it all.

What I liked a good deal less was Kyouhei's personality, his inability to string three words together without stuttering being like nails-on-chalkboard for my senses, but thankfully Aki's entrance and the following events didn't leave him too much time to showcase this. Hopefully he pulls himself together as time goes on, especially around Hibino.

Speaking of Hibino, I liked her personality, but ugh - those breasts. Ignoring the part to what point bigger can be considered better, the way those balloons are drawn simply don't fit her character design and stand out in a bad way. As much as big breasts are typically used for fanservice, I think the result this time is more of a jarring distraction rather than eye candy.

Kyouhei's stuttering and Hibino's breasts aside though, the rest was highly enjoyable. For once we have a male lead who is actually involved with the happenings to his ears, rather than the typical setting of him being an unwilling bystander who somehow gets pulled in. I can also give a nod of appreciation for the fact they proceeded to explain things to Hibino straight away, rather than try and keep her in the dark despite living under the same roof as the usual trope would go.

I even enjoyed Utao's antics and facial expressions, irregardless of how contrary to the serious mood they seemed to run - characterizes her nicely as an awkward, impulsive brat at heart who doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of the situations she gets in. All in all a very solid start with a good deal of potential to explore, definitely looking towards more of this.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:39   Link #99
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
I think it's more about expectations. People going in to watch this had higher expectations then of Mayoi Chiki. This show actually had the potential to be good.

Whereas the people on the Mayoi chiki thread are going in with the full expectation it's a fanservice fest.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 04:43   Link #100
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think it's more about expectations. People going in to watch this had higher expectations then of Mayoi Chiki. This show actually had the potential to be good.
About expectations, true at some extend, although debatable. But aren't you being too harsh? You practically buried the show even if it's just the first episode.

To me, it's much more logical to dislike the show based on the first episode in fanservice anime (you already expect the fanservice and if you don't like the art and/or the characters you will not stick to it), then anime which is mostly about the story that will slowly move on and explain itself for the next few episodes. Maybe this show will be good and maybe not, but I would give more episodes a go before forming a definite opinion on the entire show.

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen