AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 32.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 5.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-17, 09:29   Link #21
matrixhazard

I like the first half of episode when Kud summoned her dogs. But then again, I also think this episode is too much wasting of time since it is now has only 15 episode left, not sure whether they're gonna waste another episode for recruiting Mio or not.

Still have a long way to go other 4 girl routes excluding Rin and I think they should hurry up now. I'm not sure about the direction of anime will be but hope it would be Kurugaya --> Haruka --> Kud --> Mio --> End of SS1
Old 2012-12-17, 13:49   Link #22
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
The test of courage was one of the funniest parts of the VN, so I was pretty disappointed by this adaptation. Again this director shows a lack of sense of timing and the jokes fell flat to me (except maybe a couple of gags). They stretched the plot too much, even including the subplot about the "mysterious lifeform". Considering that we are almost at the halfway point with only Komari's arc resolved, I am worried.
The test of courage was much longer in the VN ?

I really enjoyed this episode It was so much fun ,maybe It's because I'm not a VN player

The eagle was so random haha
Old 2012-12-17, 15:03   Link #23
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I guess it helps that I"m not familiar with the VN, as I highly enjoyed this episode, and the show overall. It may not the best show this season, but it's definitely not the worst, either.

I do agree that they're taking their sweet little time with the girls' arcs, though. We're almost halfway through, and we've only seen Komari's arc. If each girl takes an average of 3 episodes for her issues to be resolved, they won't be able to fit them all in one season.

Mio is quickly becoming the most interesting character, despite her minimal appearance so far.
Old 2012-12-17, 15:18   Link #24
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
The test of courage was much longer in the VN ?

The eagle was so random haha
That depends on if you decide to load a save data at the start of the event and try out all the options, since the players chooses who Riki goes with. By doing that, I suppose it would take about 20-30 mins. But if we're talking about just one group, then that's no more than 10 mins for the whole event.

I'm actually glad the anime extended this scene by showing what the heck Masato was dealing with in the principle's room, since it was never shown in the VN, only mentioned. Plus I got my Haruka fan service this episode, I was not expecting her to hug Riki so "romantically" and feel abashed about, that was a really nice treat.

When it came to the actual Test Of Courage, I felt the anime originals were really well done, although, the script writer still has issues with presenting the jokes properly much too frequently... However, when the group was trying to deal with that "brown ghost," at first I thought it was a pretty darn nice anime original, but it turned out to be that dumb eagle/mysterious life form that probably nobody cares about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I do agree that they're taking their sweet little time with the girls' arcs, though. We're almost halfway through, and we've only seen Komari's arc. If each girl takes an average of 3 episodes for her issues to be resolved, they won't be able to fit them all in one season.

Mio is quickly becoming the most interesting character, despite her minimal appearance so far.
Let's not forget that it's confirmed that there's going to be a 2nd season. Since there is so much scene shuffling, it's hard to tell what the heck they're tying to do with the girl's stories.

Mio is obviously becoming the most interesting because they're making her interesting by slowly but properly developing her character. My guess is that her arc is coming up next.
Old 2012-12-17, 22:27   Link #25
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
That depends on if you decide to load a save data at the start of the event and try out all the options, since the players chooses who Riki goes with. By doing that, I suppose it would take about 20-30 mins. But if we're talking about just one group, then that's no more than 10 mins for the whole event.
I see..

And since you can choose I'd go with kurugaya and rin,but haruka is fine too so riki has good luck

kurugaya had a lot of fun this episode
Old 2012-12-18, 05:09   Link #26
Divini
Senpai!

Hmm... reading some of the comments here makes me glad I didn't have time to play the VN before watching the anime, which was my original plan.

I happened to enjoy the episode a lot. Seeing everyone's antics together was both cute and amusing. Looks like it's shifting to Mio's 'story arc' next.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:01   Link #27
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Fun episode. I like the Komari x Kud synergy, especially with the joke at the start. I find their combination of cuteness and delayed overreactions entertaining. I also lol'ed at the ghost being the eagle, to go from scary to bizzarely emotional, that's wacky LB humor right there. Not all jokes were hit but I thought they did better than in the past. I'm kind of surprised at the lukewarm reception this episode got. A filler episode for sure, but I love watching all the character interactions and feel that an episode like this is important as well to help familiarize the characters. The last thing I want is them rushing into another character arc. My expectations are kind of low right now so I guess I'm just happy to be this entertained.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:44   Link #28
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Still have a long way to go other 4 girl routes excluding Rin and I think they should hurry up now. I'm not sure about the direction of anime will be but hope it would be Kurugaya --> Haruka --> Kud --> Mio --> End of SS1
Mio's route is confirmed to be the next 3 (possibly 4) episodes. I just hope that they don't alter it to the point of going the friendship route. (I'm actually wondering if this is possible)

Anyway, episode. I'm probably going to agree with what most other vn players said - it was a meh episode for me although I have to admit that they did a bit well on incorporating many scenes from the various combinations of girls you can choose. I really enjoyed the Pi-chan part (we finally get to hear Boy's Don't Cry again) and Masato and Kengo fighting in the principal's office.

But what's with Haruka calling Kurugaya Yui-nee? I expected Kurugaya to tell her not to call her that or get flustered.. I hope they drop the Yui-nee and stick with angeo.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:31   Link #29
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I was happy to see Nishizono make an appearance and see more Kurugaya. Other than that, this ep was pretty wack lol.

Also, can anyone translate the note in the background?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-19, 17:55   Link #30
kitten320

I'm not familiar the VN either but I can't help but feel how much of time is being wasted.

I don't fillers but there is a limit to how many you can have one after another and so far this series are all about fillers except few plot relevant episodes -_-
Old 2013-01-23, 20:54   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, looks like this episode is disliked by many for being fillerish. It's okay for me, though. It somewhat intensifies Riki's curiosity about the "Secret of the World" with the ghosts thing, but it ended up as a fluke... for him though.

What I enjoyed the most is Anego stealing the show with her antics.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:48   Link #32
s07195
However,

So this episode was ok, and I expected that sooner or later there would be real ghosts appearing (and they did), but that bird subplot... what is this, I don't even

EDIT: And Kurugaya was awesome again, what with her out-of-nowhere tricks and whatnot. Liked how Mio was dragged into this, too. She's a very curious character.