AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 06:48   Link #341
Katai2013

I seriously Dropped this anime. had gone very well, with a good advertising campaign, a good first episode, good directing, good graphics ... however, has been increasingly falling. That is a lot of things happen in the second episode without meaning, in the third as well ... I'm sorry I'm Italian, I'll translate and paste a post I wrote a while ago ...

Quote:
Episode 2.

Mio God

This anime in my opinion is a sunk an abyss of mud and shit from which it can not be recovered again XD That sucks XD

The first episode was very cute and the anime would be seen if only for the scenery and beautiful designs ... but the plot is now completely fucked XD

That is, I have no words, this episode was bullshit u crescendo of hallucinating. Apart from that the director loses much tone, enough stuff happens during the episode, but the characters are very driven, helpless, ARE NOT emotions. The plot has taken a totally direction shown to an audience exclusively feminine! While in the previous one the vision of the soul was pleasant and learn from the point of view of the sex of the viewer ... this second episode instead is definitely dedicated to girls.

Then the plot in my opinion can be completely **** e! Senseless things happen, one after the other! Of the series ... "Because she says he can call his mother only that cell phone? But fuck, I do not have the number? Why run away in that abruptly from the trip so quietly? Would you do not notice the teachers who have disappeared for hours? How did the Christian to know where they were? Because the "chick" is possessed at that moment!? "

That is ... bhò .... it seems to me that everything in the case and, above all, here I hated the HUMAN REACTIONS!! (As common Yotobi reminds us LOL)

That is, this girl the hallucinating these things happen, these frightening trip where you see these men covered with dark aura, and also reacts passively enough! THAT IS HAS NO SENSE! Yes, he is afraid, but you do not ask the reason for everything! passively accept this nonsense and says "there are malignant presence" and that's it. And looks good as well LOL! And after a while the boy believes her and shit on him he too! But what!?

Then half of the episode is a tremendous boredom, it does not happen a shit. 2 fleeing their hand in hand for 10 minutes with no action taken something relevant was really nauseating and more YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND A CA ** OR SITUAZIOEN! That is, but what the fuck is costing you explain why she was separated from her mother, and 2 because all have the same power, what precisely the relationship between the father and the mother's guardian bastard etc. ....

But the thing that makes me angry is that the effect of "mystery" of the anime is completely gone fucked up XD

I shall be the third episode out of curiosity but I was very disappointed and unpleasantly surprised by this sudden change of management.

Undoubtedly I have expressed severe criticism, but the beauty of the first episode had consolidated a good narrative for this anime ... I was blown away and instead of facing a decline of this kind in the second ...

What do you think?

EDIT: I forgot ... except more surprises in the third episode ... for now it drop .... the third episode but I will tell ... I think I know what kind of death will die this anime now XD
Old 2013-05-04, 15:28   Link #342
kuromitsu

Ep 8

Spoiler for ep 8:

ETA
Ahaa, I think I get it.
Spoiler for Masumi:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-04 at 17:48.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 15:36   Link #343
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But....she doesn't have a harem and we're 7 episodes in. No bubbles either.
Let's see. Wamiya, Miyuki and Masumi. Welp, not that big of a harem but it's a start.
Old 2013-05-04, 15:39   Link #344
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Let's see. Wamiya, Miyuki and Masumi. Welp, not that big of a harem but it's a start.
There's also Yukimasa as the hot older guy (even though he seems to be into the himegami).
Old 2013-05-04, 15:39   Link #345
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
2 spirits and one human doesn't a harem make.
Old 2013-05-04, 15:47   Link #346
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
2 spirits and one human doesn't a harem make.
Two humans. :3 And both spirits are pretty elite (just watch this episode to find out about Masumi) so they're absolutely worthy of being counted in a harem....

By the way I checked the novel titles, and apparently with episode 8 we've just finished volume 3. I'm sure they're cutting and streamlining liek whoa, so kudos to the writers that it doesn't show in the actual anime. I hope this won't change in the future... (there are 3 volumes remaining)
Old 2013-05-06, 13:16   Link #347
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ep 8

[SPOiLER]
thanks for that explanation. . .

Although I still find that this show is not making any sense, but I like the supernatural settings, and the art (especially that wtf dragon out of the rock thing towards the end of the episode). and the goddess appearing again.

I have no idea what is going on in the story besides.. . ."magic" lol but I still like it. . .

Although I hate the souda sis for being such a bitch, and attacking her friends in some weird ass forest. . .and then everyone being "okay" with it (even the brother. . .) what the hell people. These aren't friends. . .if you're going to do shit like that, why meet them in the first place?

I thought the student council girls were being bitches and being rude for "calling her out" in that setting in front of everyone(that just does not happen with Japanese people. . .ever unless they're going to put a beat down on someone) and then trying to exorcize her brother/goddess/whatever too but. . .after seeing what the sister did after that to her "friends." I'd say she deserved. . .a beat down lol.

well at least I know the male mc wont be going on any trips anytime soon. Seems like you can't trust anyone in that damn show.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:28   Link #348
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 10:04   Link #349
Bern-san

Quote:
ETA
Ahaa, I think I get it.
Spoiler for Masumi:
I guess it's something like that, the anime can be really confusing
There's still something I don't understand
Spoiler for 8:

BTW her mom was just... random. Hope they can clearly explain in the next episodes the whole goddess deal because I didn't fully understand her mother's explanation.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:42   Link #350
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Manatsu and Masumi are not the same person, they have never been. One of the revelations of the episode was that Masumi is not only not the ghost of Mayura & Manatsu's brother, he's never been human in the first place. See how he talks about humans changing so fast, or about playing Masumi. He's Kuzuryuu, the nine-headed dragon king who is being locked up in Togakushi.

I think I've got it figured out.

So, we have the triplets, Mayura, Manatsu & Masumi. (Given that Mayura is a girl while the other two are boys, plus they share the same health defect, I think it's easy to see why Manatsu thinks of himself as Masumi's "other half" - they must've been monozygotic. I don't know if it's biologically possible or not, though.) Anyway, one day Masumi succumbs to his heart defect and dies. His grief-stricken siblings who have very strong spiritual powers wish for him to come back, and via this wish they accidentally summon the local deity, who becomes "Masumi" as he existed in the kids' memory. (Which is why Miyuki says at the end that Wamiya looked like he did as a human because that's how Izumiko wanted him to look like. In the Soudas' case it's easier since human Masumi most likely looked the same as Manatsu.)

Later on Manatsu becomes all too well aware that he doesn't have much of a future since his health defect means he can die anytime. But Mayura is strong and healthy - so Manatsu, who knows how much Mayura loves him and how much she does for him, decides to let her live her life without her concern for him dragging her down. But since he also loves her and wants to stay with her, he decides to become one with Masumi, ie. die and turn into an unchanging spiritual entity. (I think he also thinks that this way he could be of use to Mayura.)

Meanwhile, Masumi has his own agenda. He knows that as much as he loves being Masumi and have fun interacting with humans and stuff, this is only because of Mayura & Manatsu. He knows this is not forever, since when Manatsu dies, or if Manatsu and Mayura are separated, it's all over. I'm not quite sure what his original plan was - maybe he just wanted to possess Manatsu's body, or maybe he wanted to use the opportunity created by Manatsu's death wish to try and break free of his prison. (I think this is where the sacrifice might come into the picture: by "consuming" Manatsu, whatever that means, Masumi/Kuzuryuu's power would grow.)

Enter Izumiko, and Masumi thinks "wow, cool, she could open the door for me! also, she looks tasty." (Remember when he asked her to "go out" with him? he was probably thinking of something like what he was planning with Manatsu.) So he leads her to the cave where he's being imprisoned, and tricks her into breaking down the rock blocking the entrance. Due to Izumiko's words Manatsu comes to his senses, realizes what's going on, and escapes in time. "Masumi" aka Kuzuryuu manages to escape anyway, but is stopped by the himegami/Izumiko's mom who sends him back to the cave and locks him up again.

I quite like the reveal of Masumi actually being this hugely dangerous, ominous entity. It has the usual message of "don't mess with the supernatural" and "he may look human but he isn't", but with a more personal twist, since as Masumi he still is Mayura and Manatsu's brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I guess it's something like that, the anime can be really confusing
There's still something I don't understand
Spoiler for 8:
Yeah, I think he didn't mean that Takayanagi was personally involved, it's more about the type of face he has. Unlike Masumi whose looks were "modelled" on the human Masumi, Wamiya couldn't have been modelled on Takayanagi, so Miyuki assumes Wamiya looked like that because that's the kind of looks Izumiko is into.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-07 at 11:08.
Old 2013-05-07, 23:23   Link #351
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
thanks for that explanation. . .

Although I still find that this show is not making any sense, but I like the supernatural settings, and the art (especially that wtf dragon out of the rock thing towards the end of the episode). and the goddess appearing again.

I have no idea what is going on in the story besides.. . ."magic" lol but I still like it. . .

Although I hate the souda sis for being such a bitch, and attacking her friends in some weird ass forest. . .and then everyone being "okay" with it (even the brother. . .) what the hell people. These aren't friends. . .if you're going to do shit like that, why meet them in the first place?

I thought the student council girls were being bitches and being rude for "calling her out" in that setting in front of everyone(that just does not happen with Japanese people. . .ever unless they're going to put a beat down on someone) and then trying to exorcize her brother/goddess/whatever too but. . .after seeing what the sister did after that to her "friends." I'd say she deserved. . .a beat down lol.

well at least I know the male mc wont be going on any trips anytime soon. Seems like you can't trust anyone in that damn show.
Yeah I'm really confused too It feels like I'm missing something every episode. It is as if many parts aren't explained. I'll scout around here for some more clues.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 01:36   Link #352
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Seems like it'll be that way for the series it seems. At least it wasn't as bad as the first couple of episodes where they kinda went along with these happenings without asking for explanations.
Old 2013-05-08, 09:17   Link #353
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The ED is out and gods, this along with Boku Jyanai has got to be the best EDs this season
Old 2013-05-12, 10:22   Link #354
kuromitsu

Well, it's taken 9 episodes but the plot is starting to thicken, and it's getting pretty interesting. I'm glad I've stuck with this show for so long.

Spoiler for ep 9:

PS: I'm still not feeling the whole Miyuki x Izumiko romance thing. Especially after seeing the novel covers. Someone forgot to tell the artist that Izumiko is 15 and not 10.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-12 at 18:29.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:27   Link #355
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The ED is out and gods, this along with Boku Jyanai has got to be the best EDs this season
Except the Valvrave part, I concur with this statement.
Old 2013-05-13, 03:35   Link #356
Enternal

Quote:
Well, it's taken 9 episodes but the plot is starting to thicken, and it's getting pretty interesting. I'm glad I've stuck with this show for so long.

Spoiler for ep 9:

PS: I'm still not feeling the whole Miyuki x Izumiko romance thing. Especially after seeing the novel covers. Someone forgot to tell the artist that Izumiko is 15 and not 10.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Enternal; 2013-05-13 at 03:52.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 04:56   Link #357
Kazu-kun

Welp, there are lots of hints pointing that the Himegami is actually Izumiko herself, who came from the future (for the third time) to stop the destruction of humanity.

I'm not sure if the Himegami remembers who she really is though (Wamiya implies she's forgotten something). Perhaps she only remembers her mission and thinks Izumiko is just one more girl of her blood line. I'm no sure on this.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:21   Link #358
Bern-san

Best episode, finally things are getting really interesting and an unexpected Miyano performance.
After reading the comments it does seem likely that Himegami=Izumiko although to think the difference in personalities But still I don't understand what exactly is she, like she said in the episode, with her power it's difficult to think that she's just a human.
And they should stop making Izumiko wear make-up.

If Himegami=Izumiko is right, does Yukimasa know it? If so, why is he so creepy and looks like he wants to bang her? Scumbag father who wants his son's girlfriend

Also, after Himegami's comment about how she knows Miyuki's spells, do you think that maybe the seals he taught Izumiko were actually the ones which made her appear? I found weird the timing of her appearance and with the braids.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:42   Link #359
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
If Himegami=Izumiko is right, does Yukimasa know it?
Well, going by his cryptic comment about Izumiko and the Himegami being the same, I'd say he does know.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:21   Link #360
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I wish they had given Hayami Saori the chance to do both voices, but it's hard to imagine a better voice for the Himegami than she gets from Tanaka Rie.

I loved the Himegami's delight in her new body. Perhaps that means it's one she has never really inhabited before? How does that go with them being the same person?

I've enjoyed this show from the start, but ep9 is the peak of my enjoyment. The confusion continues; it's just a little more defined than it was before.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo