AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ plus - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-27, 05:50   Link #21
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Only letdown is that Junichi was the one to say things first.
Here's a real life protip:

Spoiler:

But of course, don't force it.

Then reply with:

Spoiler:

Like a boss.

And so, I'm not much of a Rihoko fan. At least, she's better than Stalker Girl. For the most part, their interactions prior to the confession thing -- painfully awkward. At least, there had been plenty of Miya.

And yea, this "confession" didn't feel natural at all. More like it felt forced as I just watch it go by.

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-01-27 at 06:11.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:59   Link #22
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A sweet episode. I'm happy for you Rikoho, you deserve it 8/10.

Now, I can't wait for Ai. My favorite with Tsukasa :3
Old 2012-01-27, 08:25   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think that these two episodes, even taken on their own completely ignoring the first series, do a pretty good job of covering all the bases of the appeal of the childhood friend romance and how those usually play out in galge: knowing each other forever, having lots of memories, being a natural part of each other's lives, and at some point realizing that the relationship you have with each other is irreplaceable. I think Junichi's realization that not only did he love Rihoko but that he has always loved her without even realizing it is on the one hand obvious, but also the key. It was the combination of them starting to come to face with what would happen after high school (in sense, the integration of the senpais was good) and that incident with the lowlife classmate who just wanted to "score" that served as the trigger to finally make the change. Mission successful.
Well put. They really did a great job with these two episodes. The only problem is that it makes the initial arc look even worse than it already was in comparison. This 2 episodes arc is what Rihoko's arc in the original series should have been in the first place. I have to wonder what the hell the writers were thinking back then...

Ah well, at least now that things have been set right.

-1 for lack of timeskip/epilogue
+1 for plenty of Miya (to be honest, her antics were what I enjoyed the most in this ep) and the ending card (dayyyuuuummm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Only letdown is that Junichi was the one to say things first.
I personally like it better that way. We've known since the beginning that Rihoko loves Junichi, but his feelings for her were unclear. This way, both Rihoko and the audience are certain that Junichi loves Rihoko (adding that he has in fact always loved her was a very sweet touch) and that he didn't just accept to go out with her because "sure, why not?".

The fact he pretends to have been in love with her all along and yet he ends up with five different girls in alternate universes downplays that incredibly romantic declaration a bit though.
Old 2012-01-27, 11:22   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

REDEMPTION, baby!
Old 2012-01-27, 11:35   Link #25
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Finally Rihoko gets what she deserves! It really is a shame that its only 2 eps per girl, because i want to see more. Lol at miya's scene.

Ah now for my favorite girl next week!
Old 2012-01-27, 11:36   Link #26
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Rihoko should've cried or do something dramatic when Junichi confessed. Well at least she got what she wanted...I think Enterbrain is purposely making the ending of some heroines a little bit open ended so they can produce another season 3 if the show is successful. I wouldn't mind watching season 3 even if its non-canon...
Old 2012-01-27, 12:20   Link #27
HandofFate

When's the Miya route?
Her walking into Jun's room and about to pee would make a great set-up for a H-doujin.
Old 2012-01-27, 15:52   Link #28
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
When's the Miya route?
Her walking into Jun's room and about to pee would make a great set-up for a H-doujin.

And what Miya route? She's spread out throughout this season.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:05   Link #29
Candyshark

to be honest I can't be happy for Rihoko simply because I just get past Junichi's slug personality. He might have come to relaization he liked her for long time but it will takes ages for him to change his attitudes towards her. Small details like she bought food came to his house, coocked, cleaned dishes without him lifting a finger irked me tremendously. She even could have confessed to him 3 times before he even opened his mouth!!

Such warm and accepting girls like Rihoko should stay away from passive guys. They need initiative and perceptive dude by their side.

6 episodes and all I get 2 minutes "love talk" and one brief kiss!! /harisen-chop writer.
Thankfully Ai will heal my wounded heart.
Old 2012-01-27, 17:03   Link #30
broken270
Defying gravity

Despite the slightly poorly executed confession by Jun'ichi, I am at least happy that she dropped out of the friend zone and are lovers. Good for her.
Old 2012-01-27, 17:17   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title

This episode is most definitively asking for this:

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2012-01-27, 19:09   Link #32
sikvod00

^ Holy crap, that is hilarious!!!
+rep for you, sir.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:12   Link #33
Kyuu
=^^=

Now, as a staunch support of the Rihoko Friend Zone... ... I can say this:

She got more attractive in these two episodes and more so in the 2nd, by which, she had not a single utterance of being fat or anything weight related. Even if there was one, I didn't hear it.

And in all honesty, she's not even that fat to begin with. A clear, undisputed example of a fat character looks like the annoying fat lady in this video:

Spoiler:

Now THAT is fat.

Nevertheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270
Despite the slightly poorly executed confession by Jun'ichi
It was lame and could have been done better. Rihoko's character was setup to be the one to make the confession - not the other way around.

===

After all, with Junichi + Ai -- it was Ai, who made the confession. And that was hot (with or without nudity).
Old 2012-01-27, 19:21   Link #34
Dobby

As much as I was unhappy that it was Junichi that said it, I AM JUST GLEEFUL THAT FRIENDZONE IS OUT OF THERE.
Old 2012-01-27, 19:31   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find Rihoko's Arc @ Amagami SS Plus as more of a continuation of the previous ASS which is unlike in Ayatsuji Arc (ASSP) which is more of an "another story" in the series ( since we already knew the "afterstory" of the two).

I'm glad Junichi and Rihoko were able to say the words to each other that each of them deserves in the end and sealed it with a kiss... (Unlike in AS's which kinda disappoints me).
Old 2012-01-27, 22:11   Link #36
julez
Tsundere-chan

I don't even know what to say... I feel kind of underwhelmed by how her mini arc ended. The ending was what I initially hoped for (a happy one, moving out of the friend zone), but I can't help but feel that she's been short changed once again. To be honest I was hoping they would do more than kiss, lol.
Like some of you, I was also annoyed that they left the confession to the very end of the episode, as I would have liked to have seen a timeskip or some other development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu
She got more attractive in these two episodes and more so in the 2nd, by which, she had not a single utterance of being fat or anything weight related. Even if there was one, I didn't hear it.
Thank goodness for that at least. And like I've said before she's voluptuous and in no way fat. The school uniform just doesn't look very flattering on her.
Old 2012-01-27, 22:12   Link #37
Texas84
よろしく

Rihoko fan desu
Old 2012-01-27, 23:00   Link #38
HandofFate

is Rihoko's actual weight revealed in some character bio somewhere for her?

Also, I don't get the fascination in anime that guys get about knowing a girl's measurements.
Old 2012-01-28, 01:47   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Even though Rihoko didn't get the shaft, and happy that she good a good end. BUT the delivery of the confession was rather weak and uneventful... I get the feeling that the staff don't really like her much
Old 2012-01-28, 02:15   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Even though Rihoko didn't get the shaft, and happy that she good a good end. BUT the delivery of the confession was rather weak and uneventful... I get the feeling that the staff don't really like her much
I really don't think it's that the staff didn't/don't like her. Rather, I think they're trying to emphasize the difference between this sort of relationship change (with someone you already practically see as family) and all the other relationships in the story. That's why the change was so much more gradual, and when it happened it wasn't even that big of a change. It's almost more of an agreement that they don't want the closeness they already had to end (and want to slowly get even closer). While, as I said before, I wouldn't have minded a bit more epilogue, I sort of feel like I understand why it's like this. It tries to put us as viewers into the relationship the way the two of them experience it. I don't think they have that sort of "flame and fireworks" relationship; the most important thing for them was simply deciding to stay together forever -- the rest is sort of a natural consequence.

Now of course, whether people enjoy watching that or not is an entirely different story...